5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!
I love a good zombie novel. Actually anything remotely about zombies. Just when I thought every story had been done I found this. One of the best books I have read in a while. And I read a lot! I'm really hoping that another comes out soon! I want to know what happens to Ram!
Published 7 months ago by Hattie Russell

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good story but it needs an editor.
This is a nice zombie book to read with a reasonably good build up and an interesting outbreak with some characters who are worth reading about. However this book has some problems. There are quite a few spelling mistakes and editing mistakes where words are missing or wrong, oddly this only seems to be in the first chapter. Examples are mistakes like poor instead or...
Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!, 29 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Zinger of a read, 7 Jan 2014
Tabatha Stirling (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Apocalypse (The Undead World Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Bought this on a whim and extremely glad I did. Believable plot that zips along. Characters you actually care about and a surprising but very credible villain. The author is not afraid of exploring the stereotypes of gender in an effort to submerge us into an apocalyptic world. I always admire a fearless writer. Really well done.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good but..., 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Apocalypse (The Undead World Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
really enjoyed the book and all its characters, cracking setpieces throughout the book and it was just the right length. the only thing that annoyed me, like most of the ebooks on amazon was the typos and because the story was jumping from group to group with every chapter the writer misplaced a few names which should have been in one of the other groups. this was a little off putting but it didnt take me long to get over it and by the end i was very glad that i stuck with it. i hope my next book choice is as good as this. a genuine thrill.

4.0 out of 5 stars A few editing errors but well worth a read!, 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Apocalypse (The Undead World Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The Apocalypse is a book not without its flaws, particularly in the editing department, which is why I have given this 4 stars. In terms of story, characters, pacing and so on I would certainly recommend. Some aspects may be jarring to those who can't detach themselves from their modern sensibilities and immerse themselves in a world where society collapses. There are moments or characters that will make you uncomfortable, but in my view this is a good thing, part of the allure of apocalypse scenarios is to explore the human mind and the aftermath of things such as socio-economic status, race or gender in a world totally different from our own, alongside the effects of former lives and how they shape people during the downfall.

The characters are likeable, decently written and relateable. I would say this is the case for both good and bad. Whether you agree with a characters actions or not, you can see and understand how they end up at those actions and motivations, through their growth over the course of the arc. Despite the overall dark tone of the book, there are moments of levity or positivity that are well placed and a welcome moments break from the overall gritty feel.

I managed to finish in about 5-6 hours and I consider myself a decently paced reader, for fans of the genre I would certainly recommend it, even with the few spelling mistakes and missing words littered throughout. I've already purchased part two of the series, mainly due to a burning desire to see what happens next to a cast of characters I managed to grow quite attached to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read., 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Apocalypse (The Undead World Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This isn't a bad read. However, it really needed a better editor to catch the early mistakes. One of the characters seems to start in California but suddenly in New Jersey/New York area. Very disorienting for the reader but you soon forgive the misstep. There are a few words that must have auto corrected wrong.

But I really enjoyed the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Apocalypse (The Undead World Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Good read, had me hooked from start to finish. Would b nice to know what happens next. Great characters too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Action, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Apocalypse (The Undead World Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Pretty well written,with a gripping story and fast paced action. The strong characters make it very easy to get wrapped up in their stories as well as the main one. I bought this on impulse and then could not put it down. I hope there is a sequel as I am looking forward to reading it. Thoroughly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 26 July 2014
This review is from: The Apocalypse (The Undead World Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, believable storyline, and quiet well written. I was delighted to see its part of a series and purchased the second before I finished the first. Great price too. The only reason I didnt give 5 stars was because I felt the chapters moved from each caracter/group too fast plus I found each chapter ending in a possible death cliffhanger tedious after the 4th one. otherwise it was the best book Ive read in sonetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars A non-stop thrill ride!, 19 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Apocalypse (The Undead World Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Despite loving horrors, I had always thought that zombies, werewolves and vampires were a step too far, but Peter Meredith delivers convincing characters, unbelievable action sequences with harrowing escapes and a well-rounded plot-line making this a thoroughly entertaining read. It is a fast paced and intense page turner and an excellent introduction to the zombie apocalypse. I highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Apocalypse, 3 July 2014
This review is from: The Apocalypse (The Undead World Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Good read can't wait to get the second one. A good zombie adventure. The characters on the whole were great a bit stereotypical in places.