4.0 out of 5 stars You can't save everyone
Amazing. This film is visually amazing. This is probably the visually amazing film made to date. However I have to say I enjoyed The Amazing Spider-man more. Yes the visuals are incredible. The acting is also great. The only thing that let this film down for me was that it was too soap oprahish.

The dramatisation between Gwen and Peter was a bit over done for...
Published 16 days ago by K. G. A. Alavi

2.0 out of 5 stars Spider bore
The amazing spider-man was a rather slow going rehash of the Spider-man story. I was hoping for a better second outing for Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man but how I was disappointed. You can forgive the direction of one overly long film but to do the same again is unforgivable.

Published 7 days ago by Mr. A. J. Miles

4.0 out of 5 stars You can't save everyone, 5 Sep 2014
K. G. A. Alavi (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [DVD] [2014] (DVD)

The dramatisation between Gwen and Peter was a bit over done for me. Off and on, no and off, again and again for the bulk of the film did get a bit wearing after 2 hours. I also found Peter to almost be suffering from multiple personality disorder, in the first scene he is a confident carefree jock type taunting a Russian mobster while his is running down civilians and sending inhabited cars flying. Then walks into his own graduation late partially dressed, high fives the Dean, and swoops Gwen off her feet kissing her in front of the graduation audience. Then goes back to the shy, neurotic, but caring Peter Parker I know from the comics. Then some of his answers or explanations for his Spider-man activities, make his sound like he was just plain High. I believe Garfield is a great actor I think they should just told one Peter Parker to play instead of three.

The final thing that let me down about this movie was the ending. I am not talking about the part that every comic book fan knew was coming, but I personally hate films finishing in the middle of fights. There is mention of what is next, the Sinister 6, and mystery man , but I would have preferred if they finished off the movie properly. All in all I did like Spider-man's fighting style but I think it did rely too heavily on his webbing, rather that his strength. I would give this movie 3.5 stars but the visuals pushed this to a 4 star for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Spider bore, 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [DVD] [2014] (DVD)

The amazing Spider-Man 2 suffers the same problems as the first, but even worst, long periods of character building or useless mind-numbing chit-chat that makes this film run like snail in a marathon. At first it starts off well and looks promising with a nice action scene, then chugs along until the last 30 mins when you get not 1 but 3 enemies. The problem is that although a few enemies survive none of the battles are that intensive. They are more like a couple of oldies having a handbag fight.

The amazing Spider-Man also did not learn from Spider-Man 3 which was don't introduce too many enemies in one film, 2's a crowd but 3....

Overall, it's a poor film that suffers all the problems of the first film. I hear they are making a third but if the franchise continues like the first two the 3rd will be its last!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's better than the third in the original trilogy but not ..., 5 Sep 2014
It's better than the third in the original trilogy but not as good as the first Spiderman 2.
Too many villains, not enough screen time for Electro or Rhino and I'd have liked to see more build up in the Harry Osborne friendship with Peter and eventual change to the Goblin. They could have left that for the next movie. That being said many plot lines have been left open ended so there's obviously more to come.
The effects and action sequences are great and Andrew Garfield is excellent in the role of Peter/Spiderman.
As for the Bluray, it's nice to have the digital copy included but the limited edition comic is seriously dissapointing. ASDA include a toy mask instead of the comic for the same price, I'd have preferred that, much better value.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Cobweb-man, 13 Sep 2014
Treading water or sinking? Spider-man will eat himself soon. Or will it be a remake of him eating himself. I don't see what good this does anyone. Remaking parts of a story and throwing in bits of new and old characters, changing bits at whim. Do we really want to play spot the baddy? Oh and how have they remade that costume? Was't it this or that before? Spot the difference on a million dollar budget? Huh, money can be better spent. The comics got trapped in the re-boot syndrome and now the movies have. Same old Spidey If you want to entertain us take us somewhere new please. [Thankfully we have the Avengers and GOTG]

3.0 out of 5 stars spiderman romcom, 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
what happend here i really liked the first film.the director and writers must of thought they were doing a romcom and only at the end someone told them its a superhero film so they sqeezed on some action and three super villains in the last 40mins .its not a terrible film but i was very dissapointed someone dropped the ball with this one .come on marvel you can and have done so much better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 14 Sep 2014
Mr. S. Coupe - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
I watched this film last night not expecting much from it with the mixed reviews, i must say it was average nothing special just a confused script and over the top CGI that makes parts look cartoony. I am not sure what age group this is aimed at but the first spider man film I enjoyed and I am 43yrs old..

P.S I thought captain America 2 was brilliant

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't get too excited by the free limited edition comic book, 7 Sep 2014
E. Farley - See all my reviews
Unimpressed with the limited edition comic book. Granted, I should have read the description which says 16-page custom-made comic, found inside the box, but I was expecting more than a flimsy A5 booklet with crap cropping, looking like a storyboard for the film. An issue related to the film's plot would have been great. Nice shiny sleeve though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just garbage, 18 Sep 2014
Slow as a week in the jail and just plain boring. Kids left the room after 20 minutes and I grimly watched on trying to get my tenners worth. Fell asleep twice and at last it was over. Just terrible.
I absolutely detest Tobey Maguires spiderman character but his second movie was 10 times better than this crap.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some good effects, some terrible acting, 16 Sep 2014
Some good effects, some terrible acting, a tortured plot and a half decent 'villan' and you have spiderman 2 watched once never again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly worthless drivel, 14 Sep 2014
A total waste of time. Disjointed, excessive use of CGI and characters flatter than the original versions in the comic books. Go and paint a wall with slow drying paint then set up a chair and watch it dry. You'll have lots more fun than watching this drivel.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [DVD] [2014]
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [DVD] [2014] by Marc Webb (DVD - 2014)