Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 June 2015
The War on Drugs have hit on a great sound here – the billowing keys, the Dylan-esque delivery, the highway-ready beat – but it’s the repetitive nature of the songs themselves that take the shine off. At times, I’m not even sure if this isn’t the same track rewritten 10 times at varying lengths. Still... What a song.
on 12 February 2015
Bought this album not knowing anything about them apart from a small review l saw in a newspaper. Well what can l say but fantastic album can't stop playing it.Lovely sound to it ,reminds me of pink floyd, Bob dylan .A really good album so l think l am definitely gonna buy some more of there music.
on 24 March 2015
This album is pretty good although I can't for the life of me understand all the comparisons to Springsteen/Fleetwood Mac and Dylan!!?
It sounds nothing like any of these iconic stars!
Pleasant enough but please spare the comparisons to acts the music bears no resemblance to!
on 26 February 2015
fantastic album everyone should here this modern stuff doesent do it for me having being brought up on 60s r snd r and soul. but this album has every thing from tom petty bob dylan simple minds and chill out soul.
it is a breath of fresh air in a relatively dull music scene.
on 22 May 2014
I can understand the mixed feelings about The War on Drugs. I think this album is far more consistent than Slave Ambient, but yes it does have echoes of Dire Straits, and Bob Dylan, plus odd bits of ambient! Well worth the purchase and the band deserve to do well.
on 14 January 2016
Very good album that I regularly return to for a listen.
on 30 June 2014
I heard one track on 6 music and it caught my attention. A really well crafted album without a bad track on it..
I have to say is a better listen than Kurt Vile's 'Wakin On A Pretty Daze' album (which I liked a lot).
Highly recommended
on 3 October 2015
An astonishing album, and a huge leap forward from their previous two (both of which were great, just not quite this great). The vaguely Dylanesque vocals are still there, but seem to have been toned down a little, and the production and instrumentation is simply flawless. Not sure how you'd categorise their sound - Neopsychedelic? Shoegaze revival? Alt-folk-rock? Neo-acid-alt-folk-rock? Anyway, it doesn't matter - this is just a brilliant, beautiful, intelligent, thought-provoking album. Stand out track for me is "An Ocean In Between The Waves", but they are all great. And if you like this then I'd strongly recommend checking out the band Roadkill Ghost Choir, who have a similar feel (but a quite different sound).
on 21 April 2015
Really rich sound with echoes of Springsteen, Tom Petty, Dylan etc. Some fantastic guitar work. Can't stop listening to this album – perfect for the car, or through your headphones at work. Quite possibly album of the year.
on 18 January 2015
I like, amongst other things, the music of Arcade Fire, Bob Dylan, Bright Eyes and Bruce Springsteen, so I'm in heaven with this one. Glad I ordered it based, in part, upon Amazon rating it the Number 1 album of 2014.