5.0 out of 5 stars Advice for Health and long, cancer-free life
Published 17 months ago by J. L. Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiresome
Doesn't get to the point if you're only after one piece of information. "Know what to eat" basically tells you what we learnt in our youth. Not for me, sorry.
Published 5 months ago by Ptc Considine

5.0 out of 5 stars Advice for Health and long, cancer-free life, 7 Dec. 2013
J. L. Roberts "janeyrobe" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KNOW WHAT TO EAT (Kindle Edition)
This, long-awaited book delivers all it promises. In the kindle format, all information is easily accessible and is extensively referenced. My favourite chapter is the chapter on fats and health, this chapter goes into the misconceptions about fats and attempts to dispel them. Much of the book gives advice about how to eat healthily (even on a budget) which should be everyone's priority these days. After all, it is cancer prevention that should be everyone's priority, not cancer treatment, the best way to do this is to manage what goes into the body and try to limit what is bad for the body, at least in terms of diet.
Best Book of 2013.

4.0 out of 5 stars Know what to eat., 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: KNOW WHAT TO EAT (Kindle Edition)
Well written and very informative. There were a few too many scientific words for a layman like me but most were well explained. All the latest media interest in sugar should boost the book sales! I have a feeling that quite a lot has been copied by the media.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading that is needed to balance current dietary advice, 1 Sept. 2014
This review is from: KNOW WHAT TO EAT (Kindle Edition)
My husband Eric knows both Laurance and Rod when they were at Liverpool John Moores University. they were both dedicated, professional and enthusiastic scientists who taked a lot of sense. Eric was at a seminar organised by Rod over 30 years ago when he talked on the subject of Nitrosamines, bowel cancer and dietary fibre so Rod was ahead of the game then. The patronising advice from "medical experts," big Pharma and the food industry is outdated and this book looks at alternative opinions based on hard science not profit. Read this before and make up your own mind before we are all medicated with statins and whatever else is profitable to these conglomerates!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good deal of the information we have been fed over ..., 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Know What to Eat (Paperback)
An interesting and informative book, it does require re-reading in parts but definitely makes you think about what you eat. If taken seriously (and it should be) one's health, energy, wellbeing and longevity could improve radically.

You will walk the supermarket aisles with eyes wide open to what is on offer and with the knowledge that 'Big Food' is responsible for so many of the health/diet problems in the Westenr World at large.

A good deal of the information we have been fed over the years is turned on it's back, this book is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Given a copy to my GP!, 10 July 2014
This review is from: KNOW WHAT TO EAT (Kindle Edition)
"Excellent. These two pesky scientists blow apart the false stories foisted on us by the food industry and prove (with cast iron references) why saturated fat isn't bad for you, fat free diets make you obese, and the latest research on statins. Written in technical but straightforward language this book will never be recommended by the food industry! I like it because it confirms my prejudices based on common sense and the message throughout is that the more natural that food is the better it is for you."..."Finished Know what to eat yesterday. Brilliant (if dense) book and I have ordered a copy to give to my GP when I see him in a fortnight."
(Written by Stanley Graham on the One Guy From Barlick web site; quoted here by Tizer)

4.0 out of 5 stars ... is so informative and clearly written for a layman like me who wants to know what food is made ..., 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: KNOW WHAT TO EAT (Kindle Edition)
This book is so informative and clearly written for a layman like me who wants to know what food is made of and how it works in our body. The good and bad in what we eat. It has made me more careful what eat and drink. Well worth the time to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 25 July 2014
This review is from: KNOW WHAT TO EAT (Kindle Edition)
Life changing book everyone should read. Cannot recommend this book highly enough. Easy to read even to an amateur. Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars what I wanted, 2 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Know What to Eat (Paperback)
Really fast delivery. I read an article about the book and I was mesmerised, so I had to have it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it and will be re-reading it, 16 July 2014
This review is from: KNOW WHAT TO EAT (Kindle Edition)
A most interesting and informative book. I loved it and will be re-reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Aug. 2014
This review is from: KNOW WHAT TO EAT (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant and so informative - the whole world needs to read this

KNOW WHAT TO EAT