5.0 out of 5 stars NO BS Self Publishing Advice
Sean and Johnny (and Dave) host a weekly podcast on self publishing. They share what they know, get people on to help them with stuff they don't know (but want to learn), and they are very clear that the way to make a living writing fiction is to write the best book you can, and then write another...and another...and another.

This book is a continuation of all...
Published 13 months ago by Paul Wolfe

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for aspiring self publishers of literary fiction...
The narration is simple and direct although the lengthy introduction is self- indulgent and unnecessary. However , the more I read about self-publishing, the less I'm convinced it's for anything other than genre writers - and that's not snobbery....

If the paradigm is ' write, publish, repeat' and these guys talk about 'cranking out a book a week' ( Holy Moses...
Published 9 months ago by john

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has been one of two I've read recently that has changed my attitude to being an Indie Author, 3 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Write. Publish. Repeat. (The No-Luck-Required Guide to Self-Publishing Success) (The Smarter Artist Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I wish I'd read this book years ago. Shame these talented guys only published it this year. But, to be fair to them, they've been pretty busy following their own advice. If you've never heard from them before, check them out on the Self-publishing Podcast.

I can't remember how I came across them, but it was probably via the podcast. I'm so glad I did though. I self-published my first novel The Face Stealer in late 2013 and since then have been working on new novels. Being an Indie Author though, is a relatively new phenomenon and quite how you're supposed to go from being an unknown writer, to one with readers and earning money, is somewhat of a mystery. There are plenty of people out there claiming to have all the answers; they know how to get an instant readership, become successful overnight, earn millions from one book. But, basically they're all full of it. The true secrets of becoming a successful Indie Author are contained in this book.

Actually, that's a lie. The true secret is emblazoned boldly on the cover.

There are no secrets to self-publishing success and anyone who doesn't want to work at it, is going to be pretty miserable. This book is a guide from being that naive author just starting out, to being a successful author. It's doable, if you're willing to put the hours in.

This book has been one of two I've read recently that has changed my attitude to being an Indie Author and I'm happy to recommend it to anyone wanting to turn a writing hobby, into a career.

2.0 out of 5 stars Read, repeat, read, 31 Jan. 2014
I had high hopes for this book and it started strongly. Buried amongst the detail are several nuggets of information. Unfortunately, the content is repeated many, many times. I could edit this book myself down to around 10,000 words of wisdom. The writers clearly know their stuff but I just cant help but think they are holding back. The last chapter is a good example of this. Read the title. Understand the title. You dont need to buy the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Waffly by far, 7 Jan. 2014
Paul D. Kennedy (Ireland) - See all my reviews
The basic idea in this book is excellent and makes marketing sense. However the authors write at boring length about everything and anything. A good editor could easily give this book an extra star or two

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, Honest, and a pleasure to read - rare help in the face of publishing madness!, 12 May 2014
These guys have clearly done their homework and are walking their talk too. I've been reading a fair bit of writing on writing recently and this was a delight to read (written well - as you'd hope!), entertaining, hugely informative, full of direct and readily applicable advice, and honest. They're not saying it's easy but it is possible. And for anyone who's been around the publishing world a bit, possible can seem a long way away at times. Thanks for a great book guys :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best guide to fiction writing and publishing yet, 8 Dec. 2013
As a big fan of the Self Publishing Podcast I've been anticipating this book for weeks and now that it's finally here it more than lives up to its promise. If you write fiction and you want to make money out of it then you need to buy this book. The ebook is great but I will be ordering the paperback as well so I can make notes and highlights.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book - worth ten times the price, 7 Dec. 2013
This no-nonsense book is packed full of helpful advice on how to achieve success as an indie author. What I liked about it was the fact the authors emphasise the fact that any wannabe author has to put in hard work and think like a business person, not just a creative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly The No-Fluff, No-Luck Guide to Successful Self Publishing, 13 Sept. 2014
I recently decided to become a writer. I don't have the benefit of education or experience, but I do have the benefit of supportive friends who made the same decision some time ago. I was told to buy two books; this was one of them. Having just finished reading it, I can see why.

This book doesn't tell you how to become a writer, or even how to write. Instead it explains, in a straightforward and easy to understand way, practically everything you need to know about how to successfully publish your own book. From creating a professional product, through ethical marketing, to the secrets of how to kill it in the self-publishing arena, this book will be your trusty guide.

If you're interested in successful self-publishing and don't have this book, buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to be Stephen King, 6 Nov. 2014
Not everyone can be Stephen King, but you don't have to be.

There's a lot of great tips in this book. It teaches you not to be too precious about your words, just to write more of them.

I'm working through a novel for NaNoWriMo and I hope that I can put a lot of what I've learned into practice once it's done.

This was my first book that I've read from Johnny and Sean (and Dave), but I've been very impressed.

I will definitely be getting more work by this trio.

A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., 28 Dec. 2014
A. P. Hughes "Hag Hughes" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
If I were to take the advice of this book literally, this would probably be a one word review. The word of course would be ...
AWESOME!
I listened to the audiobook version and my only (miniscule) gripe would be that it contains so much awesome information that it could do with a .pdf file included with a list of references, websites mentioned and sources used.
It bears multiple listening (reading) as it's unlikely you will get the benefit from just a single listen/read.
Awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the reading - Take Notes!, 7 Jan. 2015
I bought this as part of a 3-pack bundle and it was more than worth the price just for this title. The authors are firstly entrepreneurs and therefore view the writing of their fiction in that light – brainstorming ideas and outlines, scheduling the writing, engaging readers via podcasts, multiple income streams... it was all highly enlightening conveyed in a chatty manner. Useful for newbies and old hands alike. Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›