5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant
great unexpected end to a brilliant mini series. I'm a bit gutted that there's no more to look forward to now
Published 4 months ago by Rebecca Smisson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
As you may have noticed from previous reviews, I really like The Peeling series. In fact, I own a signed copy of The Peeling Trilogy and Iain Rob Wright is amongst my favourite authors.

Published 5 months ago by Rebbie Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 21 April 2014
Rebecca Smisson (Elgin, Moray United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Peeling Book 4 (The Lights) (Kindle Edition)

So, this is a bit awkward! I didn’t like this book.. I didn’t feel it added to the story in any way. For me, The Peeling will always be a four book story (Patient Zero and Books 1 to 3) I’m unsure why this new direction was taken or whether it was planned out all along but I didn’t really like it

All of the books have been directed at a skin peeling disease and they’ve all been pretty gritty for short stories. This one is definitely the weakest of the series. The characters don’t feel as deep and the story doesn’t seem necessary. I understand that the series needed an ending but I don’t think this was the way to do it.

That’s not to say nobody will like it, by all means, buy the book and give it a go. It’s a nice short read and if you’ve invested in the rest of the books it’s worth finishing them off, but for me personally the series didn’t need this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not bad, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Peeling Book 4 (The Lights) (Kindle Edition)
it was a good short story as all of them have been not quite as in-depth and in some ways a little disappointing but not bad
I hope to read more of Mr Wright as this series has not been to bad

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ending to a brilliant novella series!, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Peeling Book 4 (The Lights) (Kindle Edition)
The cover is wonderful! look closely.

A nice fresh setting to end the series, with some great new characters that have enough of a back story to be believable and cared about.

In such a short and horrific tale IRW still manages to inject some brilliant British humour!

I really loved the reality check of how the group felt and reacted, no movie style theatrics, no overt hero stuff, it all felt so real.

The tension and build up as IRW drags you to the finale was exquisite, I really felt myself squinting and half looking at my kindle, I'm sure if I had been listening on audio book I would have had my hands over my eyes or been hiding behind the sofa!

The ending is abrupt, but totally satisfying.
As always with IRW the editing is perfection, not a comma out of place.

The Peeling Book 4 (The Lights)
0.99