Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 28 December 2013
Ok, so I will start with the 1 negative. This book needs editing again!
I will not go on and on about it like some reviewers have. It needs editing, but I don't feel like it is a huge deal, and certainly did not "distract" or "annoy" me. I enjoyed the book immensely and it was just a mental note that I made during reading.

Ryan and Alani's story is lovely!! It is (editing aside) beautifully written, flows very well, and has enough angst, drama, heartache, heat and story to make it a very good, enjoyable read.

Yes, I recommend this book.

If you are a perfectionist, then maybe you won't enjoy it due to some mistakes ect, but with that said, I think if you expect perfection then you are looking in the wrong places for good books. These indie/self published authors try so very very hard to get there books out there, they deserve credit for that alone. I know I couldn't even begin to write like they do!!
So to sum up.....yes I loved it. Read it!! It really is a beautiful story! :)

Ps, I need a Ryan!!! He is my new book boyfriend, and the nickname he has for Alani....swoon!!!
on 12 January 2014
Very well written story. The emotions you feel are like it's happening to you, you experience the happiness, the turmoil and the bus ok in between.

Life lessons are taught in the book:

Never settle with life.
Love is not straight forward, it takes hard work.
Life does not always go according to plan and
Friends are there always and forever.
on 5 March 2014
5 out of 5

Wow, this book takes you on a roller coaster journey just like the first book, this book takes you through so many emotions, happiness, sadness, curiosity, Anger, Frustration, and a hell of a lot more, it has you wanting different things all the way through the book. i love Olivia and Alexander together, they show real love when there together and real sadness when there apart.

Well Done T.K.Leigh on another amazing book!

Check it out now! I Definitely recommend it, but you must read the first book to understand the Second one.

on 31 December 2013
Review For BareNakedWords **

`Divided' is the debut novel by Livia Jamerlan, a brand new indie author who knows how to write romance. She sucks you in from the start and will keep you hooked right until the end.

Alani really can't wait to marry her boyfriend of 5 years, Marco. With only 2 weeks left to the big day, she and her best friends travel to Las Vegas for her bachelorette party. It's here, on the last night she meets the absolutely breathtaking Ryan Kraft.

"He took my breath away, I mean, my fiancé Marco was attractive, but this guy was perfection. There was no other way to describe it. He was just shy of six feet tall with a killer smile. Tall, dark, and handsome he had chocolate brown eyes and matching dark brown hair that was just long enough to wrap your fingers in. God and his lips! Full and perfect for a wet kiss."

There was no denying the spark she felt when he was around, even after spending only a few hours together. However she didn't stray and returned to New York the next day fully intent on marrying Marco. Little did she know that with only 2 days left until the big day, her world would be turned upside down.

So to get away from the hell that she's in she escapes to North Dakota. To the place where she knows Ryan is from. Although she's not looking for him, it's a small town so it's only a matter of time until they run into each other. And when they do, they pick up their friendship right where they left it. Through spending more and more time with each other their feelings increase and they both find themselves not wanting this time to end.

"He was in my presences for all of five minutes and I was already dreading saying goodbye." ~ Alani

"I let you walk out of my life before. I won't let you walk away from me again." ~ Ryan.

So she decides to move cross country and in with Ryan to see where they're relationship will take them. However with running away from problems doesn't mean they're gone. And Alani finds herself having to deal with them along with a whole new set of problems.

Despite the circumstances in which they find each other, I was rooting for Alani and Ryan's relationship to work. I wanted happiness for them both. They were perfect for each other. The spark and chemistry is undeniable. The sexual tension is off the charts and when they do have sex for the first time.... Damn it's hot as hell.

I loved the way Alani and Ryan's relationship grew. I didn't feel as if it was rushed. They took their time in getting to know each other and it felt real to me. The banter between them had me laughing out loud throughout the book and I couldn't get enough of it.

I love Ryan. He's kind, compassionate, sexy as hell and so loving. I fell in love with him right from the beginning. He wears his heart on his sleeve and isn't afraid to express his emotions freely. He says the sweetest things that made me sigh and wish I was Alani.

"I went day by day functioning but something was still missing and all of that changed when I met you. What I felt that night brought back something inside of me. It was as if this whole time I had been drowning in that ice water and you saved me. You gave me a reason to breathe. A reason to feel."

I think what would've made it better was if we got to read things from Ryan's POV. I would love to get inside his gorgeous head and find out more about his past.

There are a lot of twists and turns in this book. A lot of OMG moments that you really don't see coming. And will bring out so many emotions in you. It's a book of friendship, love, and second chances. You really won't want to put it down. I really did enjoy this book and definitely look forward to other books Livia brings out in the future.
on 6 February 2015
Terrible it was predictable boring at times. the heroine gets cheated on by the fiance she leaves meets a guy she met on her bachelor party.He apparently is so instantly in love with her that they move in so fast .Then his ex girlfriend gets pregnant in which he doesnt tell the heroine she does then wosrt his ex gilrfiend becomes homeless and he invites her to live with them what an idiot he doesnt love her that much surly. Couldnt stand the hero i thoight he was an idiot.heroine was such a walk over the autthor didnt thouroghly take into account real feelings like why would the heroine be so sorry to him she wasnt the irrational one .Then conveniently the ex girlfriend dies leaving the heroine to look after her baby like one happy family . puke