VINE VOICEon 19 June 2014
My in laws have a lovely large television, where the picture is amazing, but we all found that the sound wasn't so great. This item was duly bought, and the sound we have on their television is better than we even expected or hoped. It is clear, and has made the television programmes come alive in terms of sound. The lower / bass sounds are in particular very good. We've been very impressed.

Would recommend this if you're looking for something that packs a punch but doesn't looks to obtrusive or flashy.
on 2 June 2014
Very impressed. This was listed as a best buy by What Hi-Fi of which convinced me to purchase and I'm very pleased I did. The base and mid-range in particular really improve the sound out of your telly. When you switch on and off in comparison to your TV the difference is quite marginal and I wonder why I've gone so long without! There are some comments I have read regarding the lack of display for this but I really like the fact its very minimalistic. White light on & blue light for bluetooth you really don't need anymore.
on 1 August 2014
Bought on recommendation of WhatHiFi. Easy to set up, and sounds just great both from TV (optical link) and bluetooth. OK, it's not 5.1, but for my room it does the job perfectly.

A couple of minor points: there is an optical cable included in the box, which wasn't perfectly clear on Amazon (I bought another, but it looks better and I've no doubt I'll need the one from the box). Also, the unit is curved inwards, so be careful with measurements: the width as given should have been fine for my TV to sit on, but in the event the stand stuck out slightly because of that inward curve. (No problem for me - I stuck it on a lower shelf on my TV unit - but it might cause you a problem if you plan on having the TV on top of it.)

WhatHiFi says the sound gets better with use - really looking forward to that!
on 5 September 2014
Initial impressions are well, impressive. The sound is much deeper and clearer and it goes LOUD! The woofer can be a bit too much at higher volumes especially using the Film mode so I tend to use the other modes which to be fair don't seem to have much difference between them. The ridiculously small remote is bound to get mislaid, at least in our household, but replacements can be ordered from Richer Sounds for £20. Set up is easy. Select external speakers in the TV sound menu and make sure the SPDIF Audio output is set to PCM (stereo) not Dolby Digital for the HD channels etc. as it can't decode dolby. Connect the supplied optical cable and plug in and that's it. The unit is solid and fits under my Samsung 40" tv without looking intrusive.
I was a bit wary of paying £180 for an improvement in sound, especially as I'm not exactly an audiophile but to me the Minx TV plinth is really worth it
on 21 July 2014
As good as all the reviews you've read in WhatHIFI. Because, let's be honest. You're just looking for validation to buy this. Just buy it. You won't be disappointed. I concur on the comments on the bass window. Sit directly in front and it can be a bit overpowering but anywhere off that is sweeter. There's nothing else in this price bracket better, but if you had £400 you wouldn't be looking at this....
on 17 September 2014
It's a great step forward for TV shows and series. Bluetooth streaming as simple as it can be.
Virtually invisible (as was the intention): the kids didn't even noticed, so they are not trying to break into it :-)
For movies is missing "width". Obviously it's a result of the size of the component and the fact that is "only" a stereo device.
For music.. is great if you want to get some in the background. If you want to really listen to music...this is not the tool for you.
Also I found a bit weird the result of changing the volume... it does feel quite biased towards the treble, even doing small steps.
Better not to push it too hard.

Overall is a really good all rounder, perfect to enhance your TV and ... something more.
But don't expect magic.
on 1 August 2014
I own a Panasonic plasma and with all its refinements your never going to get quality sound coming out of a 2 inch depth TV, the Minx TV sound plinth reminds me of my 12 inch speaker days, mellow with loads of base, but the difference ends there as mid range and the higher tones dish out unbelievable clarity and realism, I live in a quiet street and was watching the hundred on channel four, the sub bass engines in the orbiting space station had me up out my seat thinking a lorry was rumbling by my house! People are moaning about the fiddly remote, my advice, get something that resembles a remote and blue tack the the Minx TV's remote onto that, or if your a handy man/women recess a shaped piece of wood resembling a remote leaving a gap at the top for the infra-red to operate.
on 13 October 2014
Outstanding packaging. Terrible instructions--which don't even tell you what all the buttons are for.
Handset battery did not work at all-so I had to buy a replacement--not a good start.
Impossible to speak to someone in Customer Service--they will call you back at a time to suit them!!!
Sound is very good when we eventually sorted out the problem. Heaven help anyone who hasn't set one up a sound box/bar before, which fortunately I had.
on 3 December 2014
I actually wanted to give this thing a 4 & 1/2 it's that good. It's probably one of the flatest sounding consumer market products I have heard out there. Not much on it in terms of eq which is nice but if you want to change it you can through iTunes as a source or tv or what ever. It's great and very very loud when you want it to be. Just buy it :D
on 15 August 2014
Improves sound considerably, but my wife notices little difference .....
No problems with the simplicity and as long as you remember where you last put the remote then even that is OK with me.
My main complaint is that I cannot get any sound on television HD channels.
There must be an obvious reason, can anyone help?