5.0 out of 5 stars A must for newAndroid users
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Content up to a standard. Quality down to a price
I picked this book as I thought it would be an excellent addition to my small collection of books on mobile phones. Written and presented completely independently of Samsung, I took a punt on this publication for that reason.

Published 3 months ago by P. R. MacCabe

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for newAndroid users, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Note 3: The 100% Unofficial User Guide (Kindle Edition)
The Galaxy Note 3 is an amazing device. Those of us new to Samsung/Android phones face a steep learning curve if we are to utilise anything like its full potential. This guide seems to me to be an essential starting point from opening the box onwards. For the price, or indeed any price, I don't know of anything that can rival this guide for detailed information/instructions, I refer to it frequently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 14 Mar 2014
I've had a smart phone for a couple of years, but struggled to do anything useful with it due to the tiny screen size and letter keys. So I decided to take the plunge with a Note 3. The phone cost a lot more than my old one, so I thought it worth investing in another tenner to get the most out of it - turned out to be a great plan! There are loads of hints and tips in this book, and the security stuff is very reassuring. There is, without a doubt, stuff on my phone that I would never have discovered if I hadn't bought the book, so it's been money well spent. Also - it's not written or sponsored by Samsung, so you get advice on what's the best App / widget etc whether or not it's the Samsung one already on the phone, or a better alternative available for download. There's also loads of mega-techie stuff, overkill for me, but this means the book will be a good tool even for more tech-savvy ( younger!) peeps. In my opinion, if you're going to invest your cash in a phone like the Note 3, then you'd be mad not to throw another ten quid at this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsug Galaxy Note 3, 7 Feb 2014
Very good, a few color plates would have helped. The functions and description of of how to perform a task were on different pages, i.e. the task described on page 101 but the picture of the task in most cases were on the next page. for instance you had to keep referring back.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the official guide, 26 Jan 2014
Useful for owners of the Note 2 that's had the recent OS update. Well written, detailed and good to keep around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 18 Jan 2014
Black & White pages?! That's what I thought as many people looking at this book will. Do not be put off! Extremely thorough and written in plain English. Well laid out so you can skip to the relevant section, a blessing when looking for specific information. I'm now a Note 3 whizz, well will be once I finish the book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Note 3 companion, 19 Aug 2014
Thought I knew all if the basics and more of the Note 3 having had all of the Note series but this book surprised me by opening my eyes to the full capabilities of this fabulous handset. Not only did I get the hardware walkthrough but also the apps and software do's and don'ts. This will serve as a user companion reference to fall back on until I get the Note 4'

3.0 out of 5 stars Content up to a standard. Quality down to a price, 11 May 2014
P. R. MacCabe (Leicester UK) - See all my reviews

First the good news. The author has pulled off the difficult job of explaining the operation of the Galaxy Note 3 in layman's terms. He is right when he says the Note 3 is one of the most complex smartphones ever made. Even me with 20 odd years experience in the field and having owned almost 150 devices in that time found some parts of the Note 3 tough going. And I by no means consider myself a novice. The work is neatly laid out in a logical manner meaning even the newest user can find info quickly and start getting to grips with all aspects of the operation of the Note 3.It even carries a concise section on the new Android Kit Kat For this reason alone the book is worth serious consideration.

Now the bad. The overall physical quality is poor. Lightweight covers which will be damage prone and certainly won't last. And this cost-cutting exercise is reproduced in other aspects. The quality of the illustrations is AWFUL, fuzzy and indistinct-a bit like a poor quality photocopy. And that is a real big shame.

So it is worth purchasing?

Definitly if you're going to spend three weeks of hard study with it, learning every aspect of the Note 3.

This would be a much better bet if it was made to a higher physical standard, had decent quality colour photographs
more durable binding and had a proper index.

A rough diamond if ever there was one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Bible, 24 Jun 2014
I am still reading this very comprehensive A to Z bible for the not long released Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and to be honest I need this book handy while I explore the Android 'Wonder Tab.' From specifications I read about the Galaxy S5, there are some comparison features, except the Note 3 is a tad bigger in size. 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Note 3, 18 May 2014
More information than I thought will take some time to read through but look forward to getting Max potential out of Note 3

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, 17 May 2014
A marvellous guide, providing really practical advice, recommendations and warnings of exactly how best to use the Galaxy Note 3. Very well written and clear.