5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love learning!, 23 April 2014
This review is from: How to Write Dialogue (Busy Writer's Guides Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Considering its short length this book sure packs a lot in. I've previously read about many of the topics on writing dialogue, but it's great to find so much covered in one place.

The John said or said John issue was something of a dilemma for me as I couldn't work out what looked and sounded right in my writing. The F-A-D thing is a fabulous method to bear in mind too. I thought I was well aware of the beat and tag thing but now I'll be reading through my writing project to correct the misuse of too many tags getting mixed up with beats!

The Take it to the Page exercises are damn good, I never thought of doing something like that. I love writing dialogue and feel more confident about how to make my characters dance after reading this.

Whether you're a seasoned writer or just dipping your toe in the wonderful world of fiction writing, I recommend you read and study this guide because it might just surprise you with something new to add to your writing toolbox.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 27 Mar 2014
Brian Morris (Languedoc, France) - See all my reviews
Having made much of my living by the written word, and having read widely on the craft of writing, I have found this to be one of the best 'How to's'. Good, straightforward advice on structuring dialogue. Useful for beginners and old hacks alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well I didn't know that!, 13 Feb 2014
Brilliant little book with loads of information, with examples (I love examples) Written in a clear practical way. Also contains tips on how to edit, using your own computer - invaluable for a newbie writer like me. Although many an experienced writer could learn a thing or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommending this to everyone I speak to (within reason...), 15 Oct 2014
As an editor, I'm recommending this to just about every starting writer I talk to.

This brief guide talks you through the business of laying the dialogue out correctly from the outset, and then moves onto the balance of speech and description (dialogue tags and beats), then dialect... and then more complex issues such as subtext and arguments without raised voices.

4.0 out of 5 stars it is still good value., 1 Sep 2014
D. Barker (UK) - See all my reviews
Very clear and concise guide, with plenty of helpful examples. Not very long but that's the point: it is still good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 17 July 2014
Great resource and cheap too. Very helpful chapters for writers who want to add realism and some life to their dialogue.