5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and varied book.
I had to buy this for the cover pattern alone, but there are also some great patterns inside. Truth be said there are some really dodgy ones too, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Published 6 months ago by Kristin

2.0 out of 5 stars Horses for courses......literally
Published 3 months ago by jammikins

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and varied book., 29 May 2014
Kristin "I read so I don't kill people!" (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Knitting Reimagined (Hardcover)

This is not a book for beginners. Yes, there are some simple patterns, but even these have a few quirks and the instructions aren't always detailed enough if you don't know how to do short rows well etc. That said, if you have a helping hand nearby and want to expand your skills, then this is a really good book for tempting you to do it. Check the look inside for pictures of more of the garments. Sone of which can be customised with her other books on blocks and circles if you wish.

All in all, a good book for getting you to think outside of the normal square with two sleeves design, and take a fresh look at how clothes are constructed. A great book for any knitters shelf, and lovely quality too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real "wow" factor!, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Knitting Reimagined (Hardcover)
The front cover is an illustration of one of the most complex projects in the book, but don't let that put you off! This book is an amazing compilation of wearable designs constructed from easy shapes.( remember the tunics we used to knit for little girls, 'way back ?Check out the adult version here! Easy, but oh! so stylish!)
There's only one design in this book that didn't appeal to me - a heavy cape-type outer garment modelled on a cool , leggy blond in purple......but maybe that's jealousy : I'm definitely not tall, blond, cool, nor do I like purple!
Seriously, though, I said Wow! so many times , I can really recommend this book .Even if you don't knit the designs, they will inspire you.
Happy browsing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Knits with Flair and Style, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Knitting Reimagined (Hardcover)
This is a lovely pattern book with some really gorgeous knits which aren't too fiddly on little needles with loads of stitches. Most are knitted on sensible sized pins and are not too intricate. You need some skill to be able to complete most of the projects and there are some that are a bit off the wall - I haven't ever seen anyone in memory wear a short knitted cape and some of them are just too chunky to be worn by a 'normal' size person as they would make you look like a house. It would be a breath of fresh air for designers to show their pieces on an average size model instead of the size 4's who are in the book. Saying that there are, as I said some really lovely items which are unusual as well as stylish and would suit a normal size person. I am pleased with this book, but would have liked a few less capes, wraps etc and a few more cardigan/jacket/dress patterns as the dress knits are really nice. As there are at least half of the patterns that I will be knitting I am very pleased as usually I buy a book which only has about two or three that I really fancy knitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Knitting Reimagined: An Innovative Approach to Structure and Shape with 25 Breathtaking Projects (Kindle Edition)
Another fabulous book by Nicky Epstein. Love most of the patterns in this book. She inspires me and pushes me to try new things

5.0 out of 5 stars I use post it notes to mark which designs I'd like to knit, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Knitting Reimagined (Hardcover)
No matter what's in fashion, Nicky is always one step ahead. I use post it notes to mark which designs I'd like to knit. Didn't bother with them for this book, I'm finding it hard to decide what not to knit. Incredible designs from a fabulously talented lady.

2.0 out of 5 stars Horses for courses......literally, 23 Aug 2014
I will start off by stating up front that I hated this pattern book,I think this is because I prefer to knit using colourwork such as fairisle or more delicate stitchwork, I don't enjoy embellished knitwear in heavy wools. I was expecting something different when I ordered this book.If you have some experience and like a bigger needle gage and chunkier designs which are quicker to knit you may enjoy these patterns.This book is divided into four sections ,entitled Directionals,Cool construction,Woven weaves and Stitch impact.The first section features an assortment of mostly over the knee, tunic, wrap and loose cardigan shaped garments in heavy weight wools knitted on larger needles and are suitable for the knitter with experience of knitting cable and other textured stitches.There are some very odd styles here ,a poncho with a horizontal cable detail at the the neck,the same one with a cross of cabling at the front,a cape with a patterned collar , a hideous lopsided cardigan, heavily ruched on one side and flat on the other . Cool construction shows slightly more complex patterns ,a chunky cardy with colourwork and buckles at the front , a dress knitted in stocking stitch but with exaggerated eyelet holes at the hem and neck and a cabled sleeveless waistcoat.Woven weaves again uses very chunky wools , a few use woven strips of inter locking stocking stitch to create a jumper, there is also a poncho with a celtic cross design featured on the front .The last section features the design on the front of this book, a very heavy tunic with a leaf pattern design, a longline over the knee cardigan knitted in stocking stitch with gathered ruffles below the waist.....and bows (this one really took my breath away ,not in a good way.... ).An oversized stocking stitch sweater with coloured panels at the side seam featuring a galloping horse, a similar length sweater in stocking stitch with brightly coloured stripes and a stylised skull and crossbones, this is probably one of the simpler knits if you have mastered knitting with colours and can follow a chart, lastly comes the pattern on the cover. This is basically a sweater with a fairisle detail on the front, almost giving the appearance of a poncho over a sweater which is what I initially thought this was. This book is very beloved by some knitters and I realize its just not the sort of book I enjoy. The patterns lack a delicacy both literally and figuratively, the designs all seem very heavy handed and the majority use very thick wool and large needles. I think you either love it or hate it.For me the garments lack flair ,although there is no doubt they are certainly original, the designs are bold and larger than life,worn by the average women as another reviewer mentioned would probably look hideous,I think this is due to lack of thought in the design.It seemed rather dated to me and reminiscent of Patons patterns books from around 1982 my Granny favoured Other knitwear designers such as many featured in Rowan knitting magazines have mastered the art of using thick wools far more successfully and with more skill and flair. Even as a fun book to flick through it did nothing for me . I think I am in the minority here though, so go ahead . It is nicely presented with clear instructions and good photographs .

5.0 out of 5 stars Positively imaginative, 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: Knitting Reimagined (Hardcover)
Absolutely loved just reading through and admiring the garments. Have decided on a few projects already. Loved the idea of knitting in starts and then assembling to create the garment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing in this book that I would want to make ..., 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: Knitting Reimagined (Hardcover)
Nothing in this book that I would want to make. Very disappointing seems to want to be weird for the sake of it but I just found the items ugly

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good and unusual designs, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Knitting Reimagined (Hardcover)
It was good to see a book of unusual designs, not just the usual old fashioned designs. I will not be making most of the patterns, perhaps just one or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Aug 2014