Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle EditionChange

on 13 July 2014
4 stars… I really liked this story.

Wine has never been my favourite drink, but the details the author put in this book was amazing.

Mia has a secret, but it’s one she thinks the whole town knows about. But the town has moved on, Mia isn’t gossip material any more. But she won’t let the past be the past, she has let it shape her future, she is insecure, she is scared, but she does love Reid with her whole heart.

Reid sounds like a typical good looking cowboy, women throwing themselves at him, but Reid is different from most good looking cowboys. He has a heart and morals. He only plays with women who know it will never go any further than a good time, this said, Reid still has them flocking to him, like bees round honey. And at first reading his character, I wasn’t really impressed. I like my cowboys rough and ready, but I like them with a secret. I like them to want to find a good woman and settle down. Reid has a secret, he has longed for Mia for just as long as she has for him.

And with that I leapt in to the book. It’s beautifully written, I cried with Mia, I wanted to punch and shout at Reid, and I cheered when the bad guy got his just desserts.  There were lots of intense moments, but it didn’t take anything away from the story. There were a few “oh my god” moments. And I did need a tissue (or two). I would recommend this author to anyone. And I for one, will be going back to read the first book, and will add the third book to my TBR list.
on 28 May 2014
Once Tasted. A Silver Creek Novel. Laura Moore
Review from Jeannie Zelos Book reviews.
I enjoyed Laura's previous novel, Once Tempted so when I saw this I had to request it :) Sometimes you just want a fun romance, a HEA with a bit of drama and emotion but not too deep and that’s exactly when Silver Creek seems to deliver. I love the rural equine based setting too. I don't know whether its like that in real life, but the village, the way everyone knows each other and jumps in to help, sounds fun and the way the neighbours interact, helping each others business, having BBQs etc is all a great background. Of course its always sunny too in story-land too, they don't get rained off parties and in UK we always need to plan backups as inevitably rains comes in all plans, but who wants real life problems to spoil fictionland :)
Anyway, poor Mia, orphaned as a toddler, brought up by aunt and uncle who love her , she has a cousin, their son Jay, who's mission in life has always been to embarrass her and make her life as unpleasant as he can. He's been away last few years while she's run the winery with her uncle Thomas, only coming back for financial handouts. Now Thomas has met a love and emigrated leaving Mia running the winery and Jays not happy. I liked Mia, recognise her battle with the dreaded calorie :) and how her past, when Jay stole her diary and revealed her crush on Reid to the school, made her the subject of ridicule from which she still hasn't really recovered. She's a fragile ego and just doesn’t see her own beauty and worth.
Reid had just returned to Silver Creek and feels there isn't really a challenge there for him, it runs so smoothly. He's pleased his parents have invested in the winery with Thomas but wary of working with Mia. He thinks she hates him, when really the reverse is true. Gradually through a series of events they get closer...and closer til they're so hot they are scorching. They burn up the sheets together and until something goes wrong Mia's really happy...isn't that always the case though? The worm in the fruit – good job or books would be dull. Its the quality of the despair that makes it for me, and again Laura's done a great job, letting the problems fester and linger for a while :)
Its priced at £4.13 for 320 pages and fits well with book one. Although the books are connected being about the Knowles family its not necessary to have read the other as they're each stand alone romances. I'm looking forward to what Laura has in store for Quinn, she's a fun characters, animal loving vegetarian and very strong minded.
Stars: four, a fun read.
ARC supplied by Netgalley.
on 28 May 2014
**Copy Provided by Netgalley and Random House Publishing Group for an honest review**

Hmmmm Reid did not disappoint. I have been looking forward to reading Reid's story since I first read about him in the first novel. The uber sexy cowboy proved that he had a sweet and sexy side along with hard work and spunk.

I loved Bruno, the big loveable dog really did seem like such a good match for Mia.

Mia, such a strong woman. She really didn't see how strong of a woman she was, but with such knocked confidence by her sleazy cousin, i'm not surprised at how she acted like she did.

Both characters worked well together and I loved how well they both stepped up to the plate when needed, even if things were crashing around them at times and the author wrote their feelings wonderfully.

This really is an epic series and I really cannot wait until book three with Quinn's story comes out. Hopefully we get to see more of Tess and Wade along with Mia and Reid.