on 13 December 2013
This book is a masterpiece in its simplicity and direct truthfulness of THIS.
If you have been on a search through the gigantic library of spirituality like me and are ready for a once and for all last chapter THIS IS IT.
Better still if you are beginning the search you could save a lot of time and jump to THIS :)
I found it by accident and am sooo glad i did :). Priceless and highly recommended.
Never heard of this author until i saw this book. Mr Lott thank you
on 8 January 2014
I like the repetition of 'just THIS' which runs through every page of the book. It is completely clear and uncompromising. Thanks Joey for your 'no nonsense' approach - really the only approach. I also agree that one can get so hung up on 'being the witness' that even that can become another peg to get 'hung up on' missing THIS as it IS right now.
on 14 April 2014
This book offers plan and simple advice to awaken now rather than striving to find answers just look at what you already are. I discovered the truth of 'enlightenment' some time ago and can tell you this book can help you to realize it.
on 9 June 2015
This is typical of neo-advaitins (with a slightly different twist) to come to conclusions about the nature of reality and then stick to that with the same intensity and fervour as a religious fanatic would have.
The author repeats the same theme throughout the book (which is fine as some concepts need drilling to nullify already existing and unwanted ones), but although the truth may be simple in essence it cannot be simplified in words like this which get you nowhere in the end. What it does lead to is avoidance of all the already existing beliefs that continue to operate and cause problems in your life and keep you from seeing the whole truth.
By repeating that all there is is 'this' it feels relaxing in the beginning where one can lay down their baggage of concepts and rest in the simplicity of what is (or consciousness) and not pay any heed to the mind. But unless looked at on a deeper, continuous and fully honest way the mind will continue to play out its antics in spite of your consciously repeating or imagining that 'this' is all there is.
Discounting everything whilst favouring one concept alone else seems to be one-sided and far from a true non-dualist approach.
The book is short and not so expensive, and if you can read it and understand that all that is said is just another trick of the mind to believe in something else however simple and purely non-dualist it may seem then give it a try. It can be read in a single session but I doubt it will leave you with any change in perceptions (except initially just like a psychedelic or hallucinogen can, as the author describes himself in the book). Thereafter 'simplicity of being' becomes another concept/belief to obscure the truth of what is really going on
on 30 April 2014
Joey Lott systematically strips away amy potential misconceptions we may have around the 'simplicity of being' and invites us to simply experience 'this' directly. He is very direct, witty and just says it as it is. Really enjoyed reading it and a nice antidote to any spiritual book that might make me feel I have gained some understanding from the reading of it. There is not a hint of doubt in his words; simple , economical and effective. Neither is there the idea transmitted that he is some sort of guru...a concept he finds 'laughable' anyway.
on 13 January 2014
Absolutely brilliant completely to the point, dispels a lot of the baggage around spirituality. Has helped me cut through the nonsense and reaffirmed something I've felt all along, thank you.
on 5 February 2014
I found the author of this book unbelievably arrogant in his assumption that the reader 'will never understand and if they think they do they are wrong' (or words to that effect!) that 'this is it'. Contradictory in stating that Eckhart Tolle and Ram Das got it so wrong with their take on 'the Now' as he states there is no now and then spends half the book telling us to "look 'right now'" - is that the same now that doesn't exist? The only thing I find more unbelievable than someone writing a book simply to state the obvious 'this is it' is that I actually read it! I just had to ensure that my eyes had not deceived me and that the whole book was simply to inform those gullible enough to read it (myself top of the gullible list) that this is indeed it - and it was! So if you are in doubt as to whether you are living in the 'it' as opposed to the 'now' then read and enjoy. I give it one star as I did actually persevere and read the book. I think Mr Lott needs to not try so hard and chill out a little!
55 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2014
What a great book - it's all here - this is it. Joey destroys the myths and legends and shows you the way. You really are trying too hard, and this really is the direct path to what already is. Open and honest, and full of truth - highly recommended.
on 27 March 2014
A great book on the topic of effortless down to earth self transcendence through simply being.

Tackles all of the common misunderstandings and pitfalls that keep a being from basking in what the author calls 'the simplicity of being'.
on 29 January 2014
If you are on the search for spiritual 'enlightenment'... I have news for you. You're not going to find it! For the simple reason that it doesn't exist. It is a simply a concept that you can never reach. I had come to this conclusion before reading this book, but this only helped to cement it.

Do yourself a real favour and read this book.. it will save you a lot of hassle in the long run. Trust me!!

On a similar these I would also recommend Jeff Fosters book 'The Deepest Acceptance'
and take a look at John Shermans site: