Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

on 1 December 2013
It is not often that a Christmas book is a page-turner, but this one definitely is. From the first chapter,I was hooked, and I didn't put it down until the last word was read. The main character, Toby, reminded me a lot of Oliver Twist, but the writing style was a lot more modern and easier to read than Dickens. In short, I would certainly recommend this book to anyone (including my kids). Although it's relatively short, it's a perfect read for the festive period, especially for lovers of children's books.
on 5 November 2015
What a delight! I read this little gem of a book in week one of a new book club. This is a warm and cosy story with a dark edge. The descriptive passages are beautiful (and at times a little magical!) and instantly conjure up bright cinematic images in your mind. This is definitely a story to devour in one sitting, in a cosy armchair with warm lighting and a hot drink (perhaps a mulled wine...). I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to appreciate this story too so we can enjoy it together!
on 11 March 2016
I saw this book on my twitter via the author, and I decided that I just had to look into his books, and I am glad I did I totally loved this short story I made the purchase online for my kindle.

The story was a Christmas tale with a dark but magical twist which I thought was great because it wasn't a typical Christmas story it was a fresh idea, the era it was set is my favourite so any story that is set in Victorian time is an instant win for me. I wanted the story to keep going I didn't want it to end at all, I loved all the character's especially Toby he was like another Oliver Twist. Daniel Parsons had me hooked from the beginning and I couldn't put it down and I was soaked into the world and I loved the entire storyline especially the twist on the tale of Santa that we all get told as a young child and I can not wait to read more of his writing I recommend this to EVERYONE it will not disappoint and I cant wait to read even more.

I love reading stories wrote by indie authors and I really support them as best I can and I know a big way is by writing reviews so I recommend reading and support Indie authors when you can :)
on 5 December 2013
Delving into a Victorian Christmas tale has been done many times, but 'The Winter Freak Show' is an exception. Daniel Parsons has reinvented, not rehashed the typical Christmas story. This is a good effort for his first stab at short story writing. Follow Toby on his exciting and dangerous journey. This adventure is a must for all who love a good yarn at Christmas time - children and adults alike. Download it and you won't be disappointed!
on 1 December 2013
This definitely breathes some fresh air into what has become of the Christmas story! A thrilling tale that takes you through the streets of Victorian London alongside Toby, the hero of the story. 'The Winter Freak Show' is the perfect Christmas story, filled with excitement and suspense every step of the way. A great read for a cold winters night!
on 29 January 2015
I really enjoyed this book ( my first ever on a Kindle). Toby is a lovely character and the story easy to read with a very nice ending. Especially good to read at Christmas. I would recommend this for children of about 10 years+ or adults who want an easy, feel good story to enjoy.
on 1 December 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this short story from a young writer who really understands how to hook a reader! Echoes of Shan, Dickens and co. merge together here in a tale which breathes new life into the Christmas story. Read it for some good old-fashioned, page-turning escapism!
on 2 January 2016
This book is a really well-written book by a very creative author. It is a children's book, but one which is modern and very easy to read (the writing style is fantastic). I would definitely recommend it if you want a good story combined with an excellent writing style.
on 26 June 2014
Well structured, and a very good page turner. It kept making me want to read more about young Toby's life.
on 8 March 2016
Great first book, Interesting storyline, kids enjoyed it.