on 6 March 2015
Given that I have tried quite a lot of different brands and types of sweetener, I was hopeful (as I always am!!), but quite sceptical as to what this would be like. Before I opened the pack, the weight, look and texture of the product through the plastic felt just like that of soft brown sugar. Upon opening, I was really impressed, because the smell was just like that of real brown sugar too! I got a tea spoon and dived right in! And I was absolutely not disappointed! Yes, you do get that slight 'cooling' on the tongue, and of course the after-taste mouthfeel is different from real sugar, in that is isn't sticky and lingering in quite the same way, but realistically you don't expect it to be. Importantly, the product tastes 'right' - a teaspoon of sukrin tastes as sweet as a teaspoon of soft brown sugar, and it has the same weight and texture, and crucially, there is no bitter aftertaste or artificiality about it. So for me, if soft brown sugar is 100%, sukrin would rate at about 95%, which is as good as it ever gets for a virtually calorie-free sweetener! I have used it widely, and I really like it. I haven't baked with it yet, but would have no hesitation in doing so based on my experiences so far. The only downside is how very expensive it is, compared to sugar, but I am so pleased with the product that I shall always have a pack in the house - I will keep an eye out and see if I can get it on special at any point, and then stock up!!
on 28 June 2014
The flavour is the best I have tried in sugar substitutes, but Oh My Goodness I got through this little bag in a week and can't afford it! I should say that i find it not quite as sweet as real sugar, probably why I got through it so quickly, but no aftertaste at all.
on 11 December 2013
Delighted with the product
A brilliant alternative to brown sugar
Tastes like sugar, you wouldn't know it is not sigat
on 23 January 2015
Just fabulous! I am astounded at how good this product is I love it! It behaves like sugar and tastes even nicer than sugar (it's not just so sickly sweet and cloying which is fine for me!) I don't process carbs very well and have to keep tight rein on how much I take in a daily basis so am ditching refined sugar and processed carbs. This product lets me be mindful of those goals but still feel not too deprived! Brilliant for baking! Thank you.....this will definitely be a repeat purchase item :)
on 12 October 2014
Obviously this is way better than sugar. What I am confused about is the white granulated says its origin is from plums and pears yet on some descriptions it says the brown is from corn. We all know how bad sweetners from corn are. I was confused because it was not consistent where the brown sugar comes from. I decided to get it however if it is from corn will get white sugar once this is finished.
on 23 May 2014
Ive tried most sweeteners and sukrin gold is the best. and the 2nd healthiest is steevia which tastes bitter on its own. All of the other sweeteners have nasty side effects but this one only gives a bit of gas and has no negative effects that would make us regret it hears later. Only honey is healthier but the calories mean take it in moderation. I'll stick with sukrin gold.
on 13 January 2016
I am very pleased with Sukrin Gold. It tastes good in Coffee, and at the weekend I used it in a baked Apricot and Almond Shortcake, and you could not tell it any difference to sugar, it was lovely, all my family liked it, and they didn't know it had a sweetener in it. Well done Sukrin.
on 6 November 2015
I bought this to make home made healthier granola and it's good! I'd also ran out of sugar when my friends came over so I sneakily put some of this in their tea and they didn't even notice the difference. A good healthier alternative that I would recommend!
on 22 January 2014
I bought Sukrin Gold as wanted to make a cake at Christmas when we had 4 Diabetic family members coming for tea. It certainly did the job, and cake was okay, but would only use Sukrin Gold on special occasions as it is so expensive!
on 20 February 2015
Diabetic husband. Great for replacing sugar in cake recipes. Different chemical reaction, so texture of cakes and biscuits different than ones made with sugar, but still yummy.