Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 11 June 2014
I guess you can say it’s better to read Christmas stories during the season but chose to read this one in March and it still felt the Christmassy to me. Of recent I have been dipping into a lot of these novellas that have become quite popular over the past year or so, I must say I’m devouring them. Not Quite Perfect Christmas is about The Darcy family - Diana, the Grandmother, Rachel and Emma who are sisters and Lilly, Rachel’s little daughter. They’re a strong independent bunch of women and young women who care deeply for each other despite the moments of squabble here and there. Everyone had a great part to play and some parts I thought to be endearing. Wasn’t keen on Lilly at first; her behaviour and cheekiness, but as the story moved along she turned out to be one of my favourite characters. Emma, who's on a two-year secondment in New York, had her own problems to deal with at work and dealt with them satisfactorily in the end it thought. The scenes with Diana were warm and made me smile every time. As you can see I dare not go into much detail because I just give the whole thing away. Lastly I’d like to add, I hope there’s a chance to catch up with these lively characters in future as I’m curious to find out what happens to Diana and Emma.
on 5 August 2014
Not Quite Perfect Christmas is a short story about the main characters of Not Quite Perfect. Emma is living in New York and her sister Rachel, her niece Lily and her mother are coming over for a visit. Emma has a conniving, nasty colleague who tries to sabotage her, but fortunately she's got her family by her side to help her. It's Christmas time and the sisters have to wear beautiful dresses while going to glamorous parties. There are even some celebrities around. The winter holidays are romantic, especially in New York. What will happen to the sisters this time?

I liked to read about Rachel and Emma again. I highly recommend this novella when you've read Not Quite Perfect. That is a fantastic book and if you haven't read it yet, I think you should get both. Anny Lyons came up with an original story once more. This time the sisters are in New York. Rachel's traveled with her daughter and her mother, so there are three generations of women who all have their own plans. I really liked to read about their issues and intrigues. Not Quite Perfect Christmas is a great and festive addition to the wonderful original.
on 10 December 2013
What a lovely Christmassy story. It's only short but then often the best things come in small packages. It's so lovely to see favourite old characters, particularly the precocious Lily who I am sure will warrant her own book in a few years time! I was particularly please for Diana but I wont spoil it by saying why and I loved the baddie. For some reason he reminded me of the slimy Randolph in Monsters Inc! A great short story for the season, especially if you need some warming up or want to avoid the wrapping for a few hours.
on 31 December 2013
When I bought and downloaded a copy of this short story, Not Quite Perfect Christmas, I didn't realise that it was actually a follow up to the author's previous book Not Quite Perfect which introduced readers to the Darcy women.

Emma has been looking forward to her Christmas in New York and with her mum, sister and niece coming over for a pre-Christmas trip she has even more reason to celebrate. But her nicely organised plans go out the window when she's asked to look after a major client whilst one of her colleagues appears to be disrupting her plans at every turn... will she and their client make it to the Christmas party in one piece?

This was such a fab fun read that was perfect to read whilst relaxing after a busy day at work. I loved reading about the various trips around New York, all places I've heard of before and want to go myself one day! And as for Lily, she was certainly a character and a half... I found myself chuckling at some of the things she came out with and did!

The good news is that I don't think it matters whether or not if you've read the first book as this story can completely be read as a standalone. The only thing that spoilt it for me is that I would have liked it to have been a little longer, this and the other novellas I've read this Christmas definitely emphasised that I much prefer reading a fuller length novel.
on 26 November 2015
Having read Not Quite Perfect earlier this year, I just had to catch up with the Darcys. The Not Quite Perfect Christmas short story revisits Emma and Rachel Darcy at Christmas time as we see how life has changed for the two sisters.

Since the first book, Emma is on a two-year secondment, continuing with her work as an editor in New York. Having left one sly co-worker behind in London, Emma now finds herself suspicious of Wendell who seems unimpressed with her work.

Her sister Rachel decides to visit her before Christmas, along with Diana (Rachel and Emma's mum) and Lily (Rachel's daughter). The Darcy women make an impact in New York and everyone has a part to play!

It's difficult to review the book and go into detail without completely spoiling the novella and the original book (if you haven't read it) but what I can say is that it's a lovely short story full of warmth and happiness at Christmas time. The character of Lily is one of my favourites - she is hilariously written and is wise and bold beyond her years.

Not Quite Perfect Christmas is a short and sweet novella which will leave you wanting more. The Darcy ladies are so well written, I'm sure that Annie Lyons could (and hopefully will) continue their stories in the future.

By Blog Guest Reviewer Kat
on 2 February 2014
I hadn't read the novel preceding this story but that certainly didn't matter for me. Quickly i got to know the characters, including riotous Lily and uptight Diana. What a sweet, short read which I found very entertaining, despite the fact Christmas is now long-gone. It portrayed how strong family bonds rise above differences in personality. Perhaps there will be another book in this series - maybe a double wedding for Emma and Diana?!
on 11 December 2013
Having read (and loved) the original 'Not Quite Perfect', I jumped at the chance to read this festive follow-on. The story quickly got into its stride, I thoroughly enjoyed it and was left very slightly bereft when it was over.
A charming, well written, easy read. I hope we see more of Annie Lyons in 2014....
on 9 November 2014
Not Quite Perfect Christmas is a great short story by Annie Lyons. The main character in this book is Emma who now lives in New York with her gorgeous boyfriend Martin. There was a previous book Not Quite Perfect where you get to know the family in much more detail, you can read this as a stand alone book but I was very happy reading this as a follow on, finding out what had happened after the rather turbulent family love lives of Emma and her sister Rachel.
Emma's sister Rachel, mum Diana and her 7 year old niece Lily all come to visit Emma, a girlie trip to New York. There is much fun in this book, shopping, love and a bit of detective work when Emma finds one of her obnoxious colleagues is trying to ruin the firm she works for.
This book has it all for a Christmas short story.
on 29 May 2014
Another fab book! Enjoyed this only down side its as it says... short :-( I still want more wedding, honeymoon children keep going pls I'm a sucker for a happy ending/s.
on 17 December 2013
What is Christmas for if not catching up with old friends! I loved Not Quite Perfect so I was keen to find out what the characters were up to, two years on. I wasn't disappointed. This lovely, festive read is funny, warm and very Christmassy. I recommend it!