5.0 out of 5 stars The most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, 1 July 2014
Picard (USS Enterprise) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
These are my first pair of Asics running shoes, and to say I'm delighted really is an understatement. In the past, I would have always considered Nike and Adidas as top contenders for any sports-related equipment based on their designs, though I've increasingly become disillusioned with expensive gimmicks. These companies are under so much pressure to release new products every season that longevity isn't an ingredient that they're familiar with.

Asics on the other hand are a company built on that very attribute; their shoes are instantly familiar, despite an impressively broad range of products. And once you try a pair on, their really is no going back.

I use these GT-1000's for both light gym work and outdoor running, and they have yet to let me down in either. They provide comfort throughout the entire workout, and the coverage extends across the whole foot. I also love how the arch of the foot is supported naturally, and the way in which the shoe enters its stride with no compromise.

This 'no compromise' approach is reflected in the shoe's outer design, which as with all Asics, is quite an excess. But I think there is something quite fun and unusual about this approach these days - particularly as other companies try to compete for the opposite, which is total minimalism (which also gets in the way of performance).

So while I can't speak for the quality of other Asics footwear, I can whole heartedly recommend this product and wouldn't think twice about getting a new pair if or when my current ones became unusable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 4 Oct 2014
A while back I ran with a pair of 'Adidas Supernova Sequence 5', generally I'd always ran in Supernovas but nowadays they don't last long and I felt didn't give enough cushioning or ankle support. So I switched to a pair of Asics Gel Kayano 19 with the promise of support (I am a slight over-pronator) and maximum cushioning. They seemed ok but I developed stress injuries in my knees and thy generally felt 'unstable', I have to say

I'm only light and I am sure that the level of cushioning was too much, with the concussion going back up my legs. Because, remember, they all talk about 'shock absorption' but the shock has to go somewhere. So I got these which offer less cushioning and just as much support. I have to say, after 30 miles they are very good and felt right from the first day, which the Kayanos didn't. The search may be over...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Jun 2014
Fitted as expected, very comfortable and support my feet in the correct places. Could not ask for a better pair of trainers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not worn yet, but good fit and look good, 12 Oct 2014
This review is from: ASICS GT-1000 V2 Running Shoes (Apparel)
I have bought Asics before and they always fit well and look good, they dont need "breaking in" like many new shoes.
I havent worn these ones yet but they were a good price for the brand. Initially thought the colours might make them look garish, but they are fine.
If they last as long as my previous pair, no complaints!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 Nov 2014
Really comfy shoes. I am normally size 11 but I was advised to get size 12,perfect fit and I will be getting another pair very soon

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job.., 6 April 2014
Patricia Cooke "Trish" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
My fella says he will always use Asics great running shoes and alot of cushioned support too highly recommended for runners...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Sep 2014
Very nice and constable first pair I've bought for running in

5.0 out of 5 stars gilad saad, 24 Aug 2014
it is very good i am very hapy .

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Sep 2014
Great shoe light and comfortable

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, 4 Sep 2014
This review is from: ASICS GT-1000 V2 Running Shoes (Apparel)
Good trainer for the price

ASICS GT-1000 V2 Running Shoes - 10