5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing I have bought in years!
Ok - I have never written a review before and this one is for the Bosch Isio III (make sure you get the latest ones.) I loved it soooo much that I felt I needed to let other people know.

Published 3 months ago by NasMan

3.0 out of 5 stars Small and useful but limited without the telescopic handle.
This little unit is fine for trimming small shrubs and great at shaping bushes, I let my 11yo son loose on one of our bushes and he did a great job using it. It's not meant to replace a regular trimmer and doesn't cut through harder woodier branches, but for small tidying up jobs it's ideal.
I found it edges the grass quite well but on occasion I might have to go...
Published 5 months ago by Nick C

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing I have bought in years!, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Bosch Isio Cordless Shrub/ Grass Shear (DIY & Tools)

I used to hate using a strimmer, opting to do it by hand instead which was time consuming and boring. This thing is brilliant - super fast and gives you way more control... I also used it to edge by lawn where the paving is and it was excellent.

Seems to hold the charge well, I only use it for about 5-10 minutes every time I do the lawn. I love it so much, that I have just ordered the Bosch Telescopic Handle Attachment for the ISIO III.

Along with my Bosch Battery powered mower - I'm now completely wireless and done in 1/3 of the time, leaving me more time to enjoy my day :)

Just Buy It - You'll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The ideal gift for a gardener, 13 May 2014
J. Scott "JS" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this versatile and effective hand held grass and shrub shear. The Bosch is far easier to use than ordinary garden shears because it is lightweight and only requires one hand to operate. This frees up your other hand to hold back flowers or small branches of shrubs when you are cutting along a border with the grass blade or pruning back a shrub with the hedge cutter attachment.

As it can be used in either the right or left hand, you can reach right into awkward corners or cut close to walls. So far I have been impressed with the battery life as the Bosch easily lasts me a whole day pottering in the garden.

Another point in the Bosch's favour is that the grass cutter does not get clogged up like my electric strimmer and also it is safer to use as you don't have to worry about the electric cable. The blades are easy to attach. The only downside is that the instruction leaflet is a bit confusing as it covers several models on one sheet.

The Bosch is beautifully packaged in a black zipped fabric case and would make an ideal gift for any gardener. I never thought that this Bosch would be so useful and I would not want to be without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little trimmer!, 14 May 2014
Sanjay (Leicester) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It’s the time of year that my garden was becoming rather rowdy; box hedges, bushes and lawn were all getting out of control.
ALong came the bosch Isio. It i supplied in a sturdy storage case and you get the main unit with integral battery, hedge trimmer attachment, grass trimmer attachment and charger.
It came partially charged so immediately got to work on a particularly unkempt box hedge. I was immediately impressed at how neatly and easily this coped with the task. On a much coarser bush, the trimmer easily handled thin twigs & branches up to 5-6mm thick. Thicker than that the trimmer head ‘slips’ to prevent damage.
After around 2 hours of usage the battery was drained. Considering it was only partially charged I was very impressed.
I’ve not used the grass trimmer attachment as I see absolutely no use for it.

My 60+ year old mother found this so easy to use that she proceeded to slash n’burn my entire garden! This highlighted how functional & easy to use this gizmo is.

In summary, if you’re after an easy to use garden trimmer, perhaps especially suitable for the elderly this is absolutely top-notch. Highly recommended even at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars a brilliant product and cheaper than the D I Y stores ..., 10 July 2014
This review is from: Bosch Isio Cordless Shrub/ Grass Shear (DIY & Tools)
Bought this to take to the cemetary, fits into my shopping bag, couldn't do that with a mower, would recomend it, a brilliant product and cheaper than the D I Y stores even having it delivered. it even comes in it's own case so everything is kept neat and tidy, all i can say is buy it you wont be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small and useful but limited without the telescopic handle., 9 April 2014
Nick C (Middleton, Manchester) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found it edges the grass quite well but on occasion I might have to go over a section a second time as some of the longer stalks bent back on the first sweep and were missed. I'm thinking of getting the extension handle which would make the edging easier than having to get down on your knees in fact I'd add the edging function is pretty redundant no matter how well it seems to do it without the telescopic handle, who wants to edge a lawn on their knees - but the handle at 35+ strikes me as overly pricey...with any luck the price will come down. By the way if you do order the handle at the same time make sure you get the one for the ISIO III as the previous telescopic handle won't work - as I found out to my dismay after ordering the wrong one by mistake, Amazon doesn't mention the actual model number in the main description - and the only place you'll find the reference is in the box contents further down the page.

Update - I've so far tried two handles built specifically for the ISIO III - neither have worked - they don't want to power the unit when you use the triggers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superheroes!, 26 Jun 2014
Book Critic (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch Isio Cordless Shrub/ Grass Shear (DIY & Tools)
I have a very large garden with a ridiculous amount of hedging. Usually, at this time of year, I'm scrambling about with hand trimmers (won't use the big hedge trimmers when the birds are nesting) and topiary shears, trying - failing - to keep on top of things. It's practically a full-time job; it's exhausting; it gets me down. These little trimmers look like nothing, they're so small and light, I never imagined the transformative power of these deceptive little shears. OK, they're no good for the heavy stuff, that's not what they're designed for. They're trimmers, and they trim splendidly, keeping the pesky, untidy, hanging-down stuff neat and pretty without disturbing the wildlife. They're small and specific enough to make great topiary shears, too. A little hard on the hands after long use - pressing two switches down can be a little awkward occasionally, and it definitely develops the muscles - but the safety aspect of the second switch is appreciated,and you soon get used to it; it's nowhere near as hard as wielding hand shears for hour after hour.
The grass trimmers are useful too. they're not as life-changing (no, I mean it. These shears have transformed the way I garden, and the garden is a huge part of my life) as the hedge trimmers, but they are invaluable for lawn edges and trimming around pots and all those places the lawnmower can't reach.
The batteries are phenomenal. Are they alien technology? They seem to last forever off a charge My trimmer have had almost daily heavy use for a solid 6 weeks now and I just plugged them in for their first charge last night - an event that prompted this review.
In short, if you are looking for hedge trimmers/topiary shears for *light* work (these are not made for cutting hedges, they are trimmers, neateners), I cannot recommend these - very reasonably priced trimmers - highly enough .

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfectly formed, 7 Aug 2014
This review is from: Bosch Isio Cordless Shrub/ Grass Shear (DIY & Tools)
After buying a set of power tool attachments (thought it was an actual tool like this one) by mistake and having to send them back, I read loads of reviews again and opted for this.

We have a small hedge along our garden wall, and a set of swings in the back which need the grass trimmed around the supports, so we didn't have any need for bigger, better and more expensive tool.

I charged the Bosch up on its arrival yesterday and went out this morning to attack the wee hedge.

It feels light in the hand and worked a treat ... not too frightening!
I do find that my hand gets a bit weary pressing the trigger and safety button together, but I just swap hands for a few minutes to rest it. I did the hedge ... this is the first cut, so it was very straggly, and then went round the back and trimmed the grass edges all on one charge. Switching between the blades is very simple, as is cleaning them after use.

I can see this being a valuable wee tool for us and hopefully our garden will look the better for it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be a brilliant tool, 7 Sep 2014
Mr Gumby "DH" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bosch Isio Cordless Shrub/ Grass Shear (DIY & Tools)
I agree with all the positive comments here but there are two annoyances, one of them quite serious.

The trivial one is simply that the case is a soft, fabric one - highly impractical for something that's bound to get dirty and oily. Still, I suppose it's good to have a case at all.

More importantly, it's very easy to trap tiny stones in the grass trimmer 'teeth' and they're near-impossible to remove. I've twice in two cutting sessions had to find a screwdriver and force a stone out after cutting a bit too close to the ground. Damage to the blades is almost inevitable. The teeth clamp on to anything caught. It badly needs a button to back the teeth off to release the tension, or simply a way of releasing the drive from the teeth. I see this as a major design flaw.

I imagine the same could happen with the shrub trimmer on a branch it couldn't cut but haven't tried it yet.

Would I buy again though? Probably, at the right price (it was only 38 for a while in Aug 2014).

5.0 out of 5 stars Unkempt bushes beware, 6 May 2014
Lily (Sheffield UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Compact, well-made, relatively robust for such a small gadget. An efficient bit of kit to add to your garden tool-box. Ideal for those small bush-trimming jobs. The battery appears to last well when charged and the clippers/trimming attachments are sharp....so count your fingers after use: ).

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product - don't hesitate to buy!, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Bosch Isio Cordless Shrub/ Grass Shear (DIY & Tools)
I agree with all of the great reviews. I have struggled for years, cutting my box hedges into shape with large scissors - why on Earth did I spend so many hours doing that when this was available all along! I received this package early this morning after unbelievably placing the order last night. I immediately put it on charge for the required three hours and by 1pm I was trimming away. I trimmed 7 large box balls in an hour and this would normally have taken me all day - yes, really! I used to have blisters... A fantastic product, very cute and just the right size. Love the zip case too. So pleased. Thank you, Amazon, for a great service.

Bosch Isio Cordless Shrub/ Grass Shear