5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me a fortune at Starbucks
I love my Bosch Tassimo machine and on top of that, it was half price! There are a couple of points that would have been helpful to include in the instruction manual:

Published 11 months ago by SarahJane

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 units replaced
Published 5 months ago by Jamason

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me a fortune at Starbucks, 26 July 2014
This review is from: Bosch Tassimo T12 Vivy TAS1202GB Hot Drinks & Coffee Machine - Black (Kitchen & Home)

1. To operate the machine, turn it on using the side power switch, then open the lid and insert the new coffee pod before pressing start. It is essential to do this in the order stated or the machine will not work! I only found this out by calling the help line. In other words, do not insert a new coffee pod, then turn on the power switch as the machine will not have registered that there is a new coffee pod inside and it will not start up.

2. When opening the flip top lid (to remove or insert a coffee pod) it is important that the lid is flipped all the way back or it will not close (the lid kind of goes up and then back so it must be pushed both upwards and backwards).

3. If for any reason you need to remove a new coffee pod once it has been inserted, take great care when re-inserting it into the machine. If you misalign it and an extra hole is punctured in the foil, an unholy mess will result! This happened to me when I was struggling with the first problem mentioned above. The result was coffee powder and hot liquid everywhere - very messy! When used correctly, each pod should have 2 piercings in it (ie not 3 or more).

The product description & Tassimo website tells you that the machine also makes lattes, hot chocolate etc. Be warned this is using processed milk powder and personally I don't think they have perfected the taste of the processed milk just yet. Therefore I prefer to heat fresh milk in the microwave and add the Tassimo coffee to it.

Lastly, the product support for this machine is excellent - easy to get through on the phone and very knowledgeable, helpful staff. So if you do have any problems, you can rest assured they will be resolved. Overall I would definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, quiet. The Vivy is a more refined Tassimo experience, 22 April 2014
I left a comment on another review, the point of which was purely comedic. I have since purchased this machine and felt the need to review this incredible little machine.

Previous Tassimo

Having owned another Tassimo machine (TAS4012GB) for almost 4 years, I realised that I am fairly committed to the brand and have found a number of coffees that I enjoy: Carte Noire Voluptuoso Colombia, Carte Noire Latte Macchiato, Milka Hot Chocolate, Twinings Green Tea & Mint and Mastro Lorenzo Espresso.

I did my best to keep the previous model clean and I de-scaled it on a regular basis, however, it started to lose some of its water pressure. At times I found there was a combination of water+coffee left in some varieties of pods. Pressing the add water button to push the coffee out resulted in a watery drink.

New Tassimo

This Vivy (TAS1202GB) seemed like the right model for an upgrade. I was getting a smaller machine, with auto-off, a new cup stand, but the same Tassimo functionality.

When it arrived I did notice that it has a smaller water tank, this is made clear before purchasing so is no reason to deduct any stars. The water tank is enough for 3 or 4 drinks before a refill, the fourth is probably going to have to be an espresso!

Turning it on for the first time, and running the machine is a completely different experience when it comes to noise level. This thing is quiet, the machine is almost drowned out by the sound of coffee hitting the cup. It takes up a smaller footprint than the other Tassimo I had, and this along with the quieter operation complements the feeling that this machine is less clunky and more refined.

Improved Coffee Flavour

In the last 12 months, the Tassimo I owned began to "burn" the coffee, there was a strong burnt coffee smell when preparing a drink and this inevitably tainted the overall flavour.

Over the last four years Tassimo must have tweaked the internals of the system because the black coffee (Voluptuoso) comes out smoother and the flavour is cleaner. It's the perfect drink and much improved by this new model.

There is not much more to say, buy the pods you like, pop them in, and enjoy a proper drink at home.

To paraphrase another reviewer, this particular one...is a cracking coffee machine.

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 units replaced, 10 Jan. 2015
I was super excited when I got this for christmas from my mum and dad, however that soon faded away. For me it seems to have a pump issue. in that it doesn't take up water properly from the reservoir meaning that the pump is straining. I promply returned it for a replacement and yet another pump issue. I know this is a newer model so I am assuming its either teething problems or a bad batch. The second unit was sent back and I ordered a 3rd which was a different model here http://amzn.to/1BMpFzu and I couldn't be happier. It sounds like its running much smoother than the previous model which is ace!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little machine!, 11 July 2014
Jo (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Firstly the instructions are a little unclear as just pictures - so spent a little time looking at them. Most people would prefer written instructions. Plus some details missing.

First - to set up the machine for first use you must clean it by running water through and using a little yellow/greenish disk. Now I started to panic that I'd got a duff machine as when I pressed the cup button nothing happened. It asks you to run 3 lots through and when I finally ran 1 lot through I couldn't get it to do a 2nd. I waited 2 mins, then 5 mins and 10 mins... nothing. Was getting quite frustrated so took the yellow disc out and popped it back in, pressed the cup button again and this time it worked. But alas, when I tried to get 3rd cup again the button did nothing. I went online to have a look and see if reviews said anything about having to wait half an hour between making drinks (which would be absurd) and nothing. However I eventually came across some test reviews on 'mumsnet'. One woman said that her machine didn't recognise the code on the yellow disc. I tried removing the disc again and popping it back in and finally got the 3rd run through.

Now to start making drinks. I put a pod/disc in for espresso and it worked! HURRAY! Then tried a hot choc and again it worked... so must just be an issue with these yellow discs. Don't let yellow disc deter you - There is no downtime between making drinks.

Some people have said it doesn't make drinks hot enough... this is absolute rubbish! If you know anything about coffee you make it too hot and you burn the coffee. The drinks come out of this machine too hot for me to drink straight away (but i can't take freshly made drinks from kettle anyway) but I don't think it needs to make them any hotter. Seems right to me!

Machine looks good, and works well. Not plasticky, actually seems quite sturdy and looks lovely on worktop. The water holder is absolutely fine easy to pull in and out. Can't fault it.

Oh - something thats not mentioned in the instructions... if you want to make the drink a little longer by adding extra water:
Press and hold the drink button for desired amount of time as the drink is finishing, the water will continue until you release button.

It is cheaper to order the discs from the Tassimo website than anywhere else, and if you wait until your machine arrives you get vouchers with it to order from the website. Delivery on drinks from Tassimo is next day if you order early enough.

Cheap, compact and does the job. I'm getting a milk frother hot/cold machine so I can add real milk to the black coffees. This is preferable to the milk discs Tassimo sell. Now we just need them to expand the range of flavoured espressos. They seem to sell hazelnut/vanilla etc. discs in USA, who knows why not in the UK?

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect machine, good looking and compact, 15 July 2014
Mrs. N. King "N King" (Kent) - See all my reviews
I have had my Bosch Tassimo for a few years and it was big and bulky, but had also started to slow down on the water pressure, SO i ordered this Vivy and it is fantastic!!! small compact but does the job and I love it!! perfect - just need the Tassimo Costa pods to come down in price now then I will be even happier!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great coffee machine and I have used it loads, 13 Aug. 2014
A great coffee machine and I have used it loads. I am in the process of trying all the different types of drinks that can be made with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should come with a warning, 31 Aug. 2014
So, I ordered this last week just to see what all the fuss was about. It arrived on Friday and by Saturday afternoon, an order for more pods went in. I don't think I can survive until they arrive this afternoon (Sunday) so we've got an interim pack at Asda to tide us over. This is highly addictive, be warned!
The machine is simple to set up and use. The pictures may be difficult for some but the gist of it is
1. Remove water tank and take drip tray out.
2. Place drip tray in one of the slots or leave out depending on your cup size.
3. Plug machine in and turn on at the power switch on the side of the machine so the light is on.
4. Rinse the water tank out and fill to max level line.
5. Replace tank then push the the top of the machine backwards and upwards to open.
6. Place yellow cleaning pod in pod slot and close lid.
7. Press water button to run through and make sure you have a large enough cup to catch the water. A standard mug is big enough.
8. Run the cleaning pod two more times, making sure to open and close the lid each time as it will not register the pod if you don't.
9. Coffee time!

If you want a little more coffee, once the water has stopped pouring but while the light is still blinking, press and hold the cup button. More coffee will come out until you let the button go. It continues to run for a few moments so be careful.
I am dreading going to work tomorrow and being separated from my new best friend. It's so small and quiet that I could probably get away with hiding it under my desk though.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE MY TASSIMO, but not the pods on Amazon., 11 Jan. 2015
I LOVE MY TASSIMO! It's so nice to get good coffee at home at so easy, I enjoy a Costa latte every morning at home now.

One word of warning though - Don't get the pods on Amazon get them from Tesco or Asda they are a lot cheaper (£3-4 as opposed to £6-7) & the ones off Amazon are sometimes fake.

5.0 out of 5 stars The high street at home, 11 July 2014
T. C. Clark - See all my reviews
This a terrific and SIMPLE coffee maker that makes different drinks using the t discs in one or two minutes,the water compartment is a little small so best or small households .The t discs are quite expensive but make a drink on a par with any high street chain.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cup of pure joy, 2 Dec. 2014
T. Bunting "TaBunny" (London) - See all my reviews
I understand some people are complaining about taste as taste is a personal thing. I myself have tried the Cadburys the latte Machiato and the cappuccino and think they are all yummy especially the latte in fact I've had 2 this morning they're that nice. As for cup size, that to is relative, if you are using a normal house mug as is the preference of most households these days, then you will fall short of a full cup. However if you use the appropriate drinking vessels widely available to purchase online and in shops, then you will get a full cup. I bought 2 latte glasses as you would get in a proper coffee shop ie Costa and they fill to the brim. I have photos but can't upload them here. Personally i feel if you can afford a luxury like a coffee machine and want the full experience then you can afford to splash out on the correct cups. If not then you can still enjoy the drinks in a normal mug should you choose. 😊 as i said taste is personal and if you don't like it then return it but the machine is a wonder as far as I'm concerned and always the perfect temperature. Easy to clean and set up even with my arthritic hands. So it's a definite 5 star from me. Cheers.