Size: Home Phone|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 8 July 2015
Brilliant phone. Have put my Sainsbury's sim in it and works well. Nice to hold & nice and light. Yes it is large at 275mm including antenna but that does not matter to me as I usually wear cargo trousers and the phone fits the pockets on these no problem. Phone has good signal, good loud and clear quality sound during calls. Good loud ring tones and loud message alerts. Good battery so far. Fun to test my skills with its only game Snake. Calculator good. Radio is clear and loud but not stereo hd quality and picks up lots of fm stations. Cannot comment on Blue tooth as I will not need to use it. Screen is colour and you can see it quite well outside in sunlight provided you turn the brightness setting up high. Would like to have seen the antenna made of rubber as in a rubber duck antenna as the phone's antenna is sturdy-ish plastic and could be venerable to getting snapped off if you catch it hard on something but i'm not going to mark it down for this as it is a good phone. For the money I paid I think it is a bargain and you can't go wrong if you like me like the old retro 80's- 90's and phones with simple features that is a breath of fresh air to use compared to modern smart phones with rubbish batteries that are a waist of time for your brain and sanity. It's good to just turn the brick on for 9 hours a day, make some calls and not have to wet nurse it. I certainly get noticed walking about with it and when I'm having a pint down the local everyone asks about it and has to pick it up with a smile on their faces and have a go. I sense they are yearning for times gone by. They want one.
on 10 July 2015
In my efforts not to repeat what others have said, i'll keep this short. This is quite possibly the best 'old boy's toy' I've ever bought! I'm actually old enough to remember the original & this is a very good replica (with a modern twist) The phone is very light & I personally would prefer it to be much heavier........more like the Motorola originals. Part of the reason it's much lighter is that battery technology has moved on. The old ni-cad batteries where big, heavy & for the most part useless!.

I have made a discovery in the short time I've had this & I hope it helps all those looking for a replacement or higher capacity battery. The battery used in The Brick is an exact copy of the old BL-5C 3.7volt 1020mAh job that was originally supplied various Nokia models. Any cell labelled BL-5C will work (including cheap 3rd party ones)......, I know this as I'm using one now!

These put a big stupid grin on your face & are worth the ridiculous low cost for that alone........enjoy one while you can!
on 16 July 2014
Had an original of this over 20 years ago
Those were the days !
Does exactly what it says
Better than the original
Amazing battery life
Best on bluetooth to your own phone
A steal at £30 for a bit of fun
on 9 November 2015
The Binatone will work with any bluetooth enabled device, allowing the user to drag data from the connected device, data such as contacts and music. The Binatone is sim-free, though it will only work with standard size sim cards. If you have a micro sim card it will required an adapter.
review image
on 26 November 2014
A superb looking Phone that was very easy to set up and very easy to use. I have not called anybody (i never do) but i love texting and it's easy with predictive text (like my Nokia). It's nothing like a smartphone, good job, can't stand them...
Top marks for looks and it's very light weight. SD card is now filled wth music but down side is it sorts the music in to not long list of tracks so don't worry about putting them in folders. One thing I WANT to know is what is the default security code?? I can't change the pin unless I know the old one which isn't in the manuel! Bar that it's clear and great fun a must buy for a retro collector or fashion user. 10 stars.
on 3 April 2014
Yep, I am the man, pulled this baby out at the gym, and all the muscle Mary's were miring me, strutting around Like Gordon Gecko after a buy out of a small company, Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel !!!

torch, snake, Bluetooth to smartphone, radio, what more do you want?

just get it, you wont regret it.
on 12 December 2013
I have an iphone 5 and yes its amazing and yes it does everything bar wash the dishes, but this Retro phone is just fantastic! It takes me back to the time that you could clamp a phone to your ear with your shoulder.

Its battery lasts for days, it gets a great signal, its surprisingly light for its shape and size. The very best bit though, is that i actually feel im using a phone and not just talking into a small slab of very expensive plastic.

Get one as a second phone or just for fun.......you wont regret it!
on 4 April 2016
I've not really had a chance to use this yet, but I know from one I've seen that they pretty much do what is claimed and covered by other reviews.
I thought it worth mentioning though that The Brick came in 2 mobile varieties, a standard (rrp £50) and a power edition (rrp £100).
The one I just received is the Power Edition with a 2000 mah battery that is claimed to give you up to 3 months standby time and 28 hours talk time. It also come with a charging cradle and mains charger.
At the price, it's an absolute bargain, and as I notice that the price has dropped another couple of quid, I think I'll grab another for my parents who stare at mobile phones, like a dog being taught physics by a chicken and have a habit of of turning their's off (so that the battery doesn't run down).
review image
on 8 March 2015
Words cannot express how much I love this phone. The sheer absence of apps, cameras, internet access, gps and any other non-phone related functions is a sheer joy. It's a great phone, the text messages work just as well as on any other phone and because it isn't constantly telling the whole world exactly where you are, whom you are with and what you are doing, it has fantastic battery life. I'm looking forward to the release of the XXL Battery and the charging cradle, but even without these, this phone is fantastic.