I absolutely love this little speaker, it fits comfortably in my satchel but can easily fill a room with loud undestorted music! The sound quality is great, the best little speaker I have ever had the pleasure of using.

Published 7 months ago by Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK
It's not awful, but at the same time doesn't deserve the gushing reviews.

Sound quality isn't great, although plenty loud enough to have on in the bathroom when getting ready without needing to be on full volume.

Published 13 months ago by DP

5.0 out of 5 stars The best little speaker I have ever had the pleasure of using!, 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Anker® A7908 Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker with Super-Sized 4W Driver & up to 20 Hours of Playtime - Black (Electronics)

Obviously Bluetooth sucks between rooms as it doesn't work through walls, but I can walk around the office (it's not a big office mind you) and enjoy uninterrupted music.

Also small devices aren't built for bass (science brah) but it still does justice to deep gravely voices and guitar solos.

Also, the speakers are so much better than those on my MacBook Pro it's silly. I used it for a presentation yesterday (at time of writing lol) and worked a treat on about 35% volume!

The packaging is high quality and it comes with a little carry bag, a USB charge cable and a male to make audio cable so that you can wirelessly attach an older model MP3 player / music device.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good portable speaker with exceptional battery life, 1 Aug. 2014
A very good portable speaker with exceptional battery life! Having read some of the negative reviews you do wonder if you are making a good purchase or whether you should spend the money on a more expensive portable speaker. I do wonder what some people expect from a PORTBALE speaker and the demands of sound. If you want your home to sound like a nightclub, then perhaps you will be disappointed with this speaker. If you want a small portable bluetooth speaker which you can take outside with you or take on your travels, then this is speaker is the one to go for - it has plenty of volume and punch. For the price and size, this speaker has great volume and sound. If you want to spend £170 on a Bose ® SoundLink ® Mini Bluetooth Speaker and then compare it to this speaker, then clearly the Bose will win, but this speaker will beat most of the competition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small Speaker, Big Sound, 9 April 2014
I am a bit of an audiophile, however I'm by no means a perfectionist in terms of superhuman hearing. The Anker Cube Bluetooth Speaker is a wonderful, dynamic sounding, little speaker that delivers a surprising punch. The speaker itself measures just 3x3x3" so it's not a spacehog by any means, leaving plenty of room on your counter, desk, bureau, etc. The Anker Cube has a non-slip silicone rubber footing on the bottom to help keep it from sliding around, though it does collect hair, dust, grass or other foreign matter which may be under it when you set it down. Not an issue, just brush off the bottom when you pick it back up.

Pairing the device is a simple and necessary step. However my iPhone easily recognized the new device and it was simply a matter of selecting the speaker to get it to pair. The device shows up as "Anker MP141" which is easily identifiable amongst the myriad of Bluetooth devices I have paired to my iPhone already. Pairing it with my iPad was just as simple, and the same can be said for my wife's Venue 8 tablet, our Samsung tablet, Toshiba tablet, and my wife's Samsung Galaxy SIII phone. Essentially if your chosen device is Bluetooth capable, this little speaker will pair easily with it and deliver an unexpected punch to the gut in terms of sound quality.

The Anker Cube, for what it is, is the best deal in portable Bluetooth speakers around. I've tested and reviewed many of these before this one, and even purchased a few others to give as gifts (but not before testing them!). While this speaker delivers a rich sound it's not a 500 watt system and you shouldn't expect tinnitus-inducing volume from this speaker, nor bowel rattling bass. However, the Anker Cube delivers a very crisp high range and a smooth, deep bass rich enough to please most discerning music lovers. Testing this device with Netflix and the BBC iPlayer on my iPad was great, too. Sometimes the Bluetooth on these little speakers are off by a split second when you watch a video which makes the person speaking look like they're out of sync with the audio. Not so with the Anker Cube. To that end the Anker Cube has an impressive 30+ feet line-of-sight transmission. To actually break the transmission I had to walk around a corner and slide my iPhone into my pocket and place my hands on top of it to disrupt the Bluetooth signal enough to get it to cut out. Doing this only caused a brief drop in the signal, it never went totally out until I went into another room and closed the door. There was no line-of-sight to the speaker at this point and the signal finally dropped out completely. That IS impressive. I have a Jawbone speaker which doesn't have as reliable a Bluetooth signal as this. No kidding.

Using the speaker is fairly simple, just slide the power switch into the "On" position and play your music, or watch something, or whatever it is you want to use it for. The Anker Cube has 3 buttons on the side “+”( Volume up), “>” (Play, Pause), and “-“ (Volume down).
The Anker Cube comes with an auxiliary cable and a MICRO -USB cable. Charging the speaker requires you to either plug the USB cable into your computer, or a wall jack that produces 5W maximum output.

Here's a brief list of some great features on the Anker Cube:
* Small and compact
* Great sound when paired with any device
* Micro USB charging from a computer, or wall jack
* Pairing the device is quick and easy
* Battery life rated at 20 hours (I have not played it until it fully discharges yet, up to 11 hours so far!)
* 3.5mm line-in jack for devices which aren't Bluetooth capable (you can plug it into an old CD player, or something!)

Things which could be improved:
* Bass, while rich, isn't as fully developed as it could be. However for the price of the Anker Cube, this is easily forgiven. The overall sound is still fantastic and when compared to my Jawbone it holds its own. The Anker Cube is a total keeper.
* The power switch. It should be changed to a button, the sliding switch is dated and looks a bit cheesy on an otherwise gorgeous device.

Overall impression:
1) Function: 5 stars
2) Design: 4.5 stars (Power Switch should be a button rather than a slide-type switch)
3) Ease of Use/Installation: 5 stars
4) Durability: 5 stars
5) Price: 5 stars

5 out of 5 for this little Anker Cube Ultra-Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker. While the design flaw of the power switch is an annoyance and I rated it 4.5 stars in that category, the rest of the device makes up for this failing which easily pushes the overall rating to 5 stars. That’s the only issue I have with this speaker and it’s something I can easily overlook. It’s beautifully crafted, feels weighty and durable and sounds superb!

I was provided a free sample from Anker for a fair, honest and unbiased review.

5.0 out of 5 stars great but lacks bass., 12 April 2014
I have to say, for the money, this speaker is great! The looks of the speaker is similar to the BEM cube speaker I mentioned above except it looks quite well. The outside looks very sleek and modern the only part that does not look good is the bottom of the device, but who looks at that. The speaker comes with a single LED and charging ports and on and off buttons on the side of the speaker along with volume controls on the front. This device is not heavy like the Bose as it is made of a matte plastic material and due to the price I feel comfortable bringing it around with me in the included carrying bag. The size of the speaker is great, it is half the length of the Bose and a little bit higher which easily fits in a smaller corner of my desk. As far as battery life goes, the Anker claims to get 20 hours of battery life, which may be true due to the massive rechargeable battery pack it contains, but I have yet to use it continuously for that long, so as I use it I will update this post. I am not sure if the battery is replaceable but it comes with an 18 month warranty and for the price, it is easier to obtain a replacement.

The sound on the Anker is just a step below the Bose, but then again it is still quite good for the price and size. Unlike other similar small speakers that I have tested at Costco, such as the Jawbone and BEM speaker, the Anker does not crackle at high volumes and high bass, but instead reduces the bass level so that the sound that is coming out is clear. Unfortunately this speaker lacks bass, it sounds great playing songs without any bass but once a song with bass comes on, it sounds just like the song without bass, the quality of the music is the same just no bass. This speaker like the Bose, does not vibrate or move around my table with bass. This speaker is LOUD, I mean LOUD, when it is turned up all the way it is perfectly clear and there is no distortion at all which I am super impressed with. It is incredible how such a small device outputs such a big sound, I mean it is even loude then the Bose without any I found that placing this speaker where the output is facing me produces a better sound then putting it so that it is sitting upright. This speaker is great when it comes to usability and features, it has some of the missing features of the Bose. The Anker speaker contains a speaker phone and USB charging which were missing from the Bose. I have tested the speakerphone and have found that it works perfectly with my iPhone 5s, the person on the other line is able to hear my clearly and the sound coming from the speaker is extremely clear when talking on the phone. I like how I can go from listening to music to using the speaker to answer my phone calls without being disrupted and having to grab my phone like I do with the Bose. The speaker also contains a usb port which I can plug into any computer or charger which will charge the speaker up. Once again this speaker is missing some features of the UE Boom, such as a mobile app, and since these speakers are so small, I wish it had the feature of the UE Boom where two of them can be paired up together and be used as a set instead of just a single speaker. Oh yeah, just to note, Siri works perfectly hands free with this speaker.

The price of the Anker is $36 with a coupon right now, and sometimes even lower such as $30 with coupon so look out for that as this speaker is exceptional for the price. I would highly recommend this speaker if you are looking at several bluetooth speakers within this price range. It’s better then the $40 iHome sound dock which I purchased a few years ago and much smaller too. This product, like the Bose, is worth every penny that is spent. I mean the play time is incredible, I have yet to find a similar sized speaker with the same battery life.

Anker Pros:

Great price
Loud
18 month warranty
Great support
Clear sound at high volumes
Small and portable

Lacks Bass
Mono sound?
No AC adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker, 19 Aug. 2014
I wanted a speaker system to take on holiday that wasn't expensive but also not too large, and that had good sound quality. After looking at the PC World offerings they all seemed to be expensive if you wanted a 'decent' sound, so I checked on Amazon and found this little baby. The unit is small but heavy/solid, which indicates quality components, and is also well made. The sound quality/volume was a concern but I was very surprised - we used it in a large room 8 x 2.5M and on a roof terrace and it was more than loud enough for us - its not going to be great for a full on party but was loud enough for a sing-along. Well worth it and I suspect as good as much more expensive 'trendy' products. It also lasts for hours on one charge.

A couple of points to note:

1) The volume buttons don't work when your device is plugged in via the 3.5mm jack.
2) Suggest if you are using multiple devices to provide music disable the Bluetooth when not in use - I had mine linked to a device upstairs on the other side of the house and it was still syncing up with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sounds, 18 July 2014
Awesome sound from something so small. I have been looking for a small bluetooth music player to carry around for a while, but have been massively underwhelmed by those readily available in stores. I did not want to pay a small fortune, but wanted value and sound for my bucks.

I have to say that at ( the sale price) under £25 this little box is astounding. It produces a much better all round sound that the Beats PILL which is over £100 more expensive.

Anker have, as always, produced a piece of kit that does what it sets out to do, with minimum fuss and lovely clean design. I have roamed around my music collection trying it out with tracks from Gorillaz to Elton John to Kay Rusby, to Genesis to Burial and they all sounded remarkably good.

Add to this the fact that you can use is as a hands free speaker as well.......what can I say

Well impressed and look forward to many happy hours of listening, and when necessary speaking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Be aware of what you are buying, 16 Sept. 2014
Mr. A. Padley "apadley2" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
Just bought one of these on the strength of the reviews.

Pairing, size etc are all great as is the quality of the unit but be aware of what you are buying. It is a small bluetooth speaker. There is virtually no bass and songs that have a nice bass line like Phil Collins (Day In Paradise) miss out on the lack of lower range.

That being said - the sound is still fairly loud (would fill a kitchen) and clear in the mid-high range but with the lack of bass, it's not going to take much talking to overwhelm these speakers (i.e. people talking).

Paired well with a Lumia 635 and a Mac Pro (2009) via Bluetooth so I'm using the speaker as a computer speaker for now.

It's a great small speaker (hence the four stars) but not a replacement for a larger system (bass wise) if that's what you are after.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 30 Jun. 2014
It's not awful, but at the same time doesn't deserve the gushing reviews.

For what I wanted (something to throw in the suitcase when on holiday that's better than the built in phone speaker) it is ideal, but by no means is it anywhere near Hi-Fi.

The bluetooth connection was a little flaky now and again (phone was close), and the blue light is very bright (when you switch off your phone, it flashes rapidly, which was a bit annoying when we planned on just leaving it overnight once the music finished, but it lit up the room like there was an ambulance at the window).

Just to re-iterate, the speaker is fine, ideal for what it's designed for, and I'd recommend it, but all the 5* reviews about its sound quality built up my expectations far too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, only issue is the USB charger cable., 4 Jan. 2015
The product was of the highest quality as expected from Anker. I do have other Anker products and expect really good quality from them. I did have issues with the order being delivered and had to reorder the items before they eventually got delivered but I cannot hold Anker responsible for this as it.

The speakers were of really good quality. I got the black ones, just as seen on many video reviews the black does have a matt like finish. The speakers came a advertised accessories in the box USB cable, audio cable for aux input and a travel pouch.

The speakers were compared with another brand of portable speakers in the same price range and the difference in audio quality was easily noticed. The speakers paired very easily over bluetooth and controls on the speaker worked without any issues.

The cables provided were standard issue audio jack for aux input and the USB cable for charging the speaker unit. This is the standard Anker USB cable which from previous experience is of average build quality. Image is attached below.
Thisis not going to be an issue in the near future thanks to the number of non-Anker usb cables currently in my possession.

The travel pouch is of really high quality and is good enough to hold the speakers and a few cables ( unlike the one with my e3 10000 which is just right for the battery pack).

Overall I am quite happy with the purchase and will definitely recommend this product. Hopefully the USB cable provided is of improved design and quality in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars CUBE portable Bluetooth speaker, 9 April 2014
The Cube 4 watt speaker from Anker is slightly over 8cm square and less than 6cm tall but it packs in a 4 watt driver and enough battery capacity to play all day long--at least 18 hours at moderate volume. The minimalist case has a soft-touch finish with a metal grille and a nonslip base.

Bluetooth pairing as "Anker MP141" is fast and easy. Most Bluetooth devices have a range of 10 meters or even less, but the Cube maintains a signal over a longer distance and will re-pair automatically if the connection is interrupted or when the speaker is turned on again.

The built-in microphone supports not only receiving calls but also voice-dialing when paired to a smartphone. The three buttons on the front panel control pairing, stepped volume, pause, and calls. On the right side are the power switch, 3.5 mm audio jack, and micro-USB power port.

There are LED indicators for Bluetooth as well as battery status, including an unobnoxious, intermittent low power warning. The instructions recommend not charging the battery while the speaker is in use, but it easily recharges overnight in a computer USB port or in just a few hours with a USB wall charger.

How does it sound? Audio quality is quite good for such a small package. The 4 watt speaker has a definite bass emphasis (without muddiness) that most other mini-speakers can't match.

A 3.5 mm audio cable, a USB-to-micro power cable, a pamphlet with clear instructions, and a grey velveteen drawstring storage pouch are included.

A sample was provided by Anker for testing and unbiased review. The Cube is a very handsome mini-speaker with unusually good Bluetooth range, battery capacity, and bass that make it stand out from the pack and easy for me to recommend.