5.0 out of 5 stars Takes you into another world
I really enjoyed reading this book despite a feeling that I was reading a children's book ... Perhaps it is? Anyway I was drawn into this page turning world that mixes myth and magic with a new twist. An enjoyable read that demands nothing of the reader except to enjoy it!
Published 17 months ago by Jane Cooper

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather formulaic fairy story
OK, not fairies but dragons, but the genre is the same. I got this because at the time it was free (that is how this author got himself established), but I didn't find it particularly gripping. James Oswald's detective stories are far, far better.
Published 14 months ago by Hootsmon

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes you into another world, 14 Nov 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome surprise!, 23 Dec 2012
I really enjoyed James Oswalds crime series and was in need of something complely different andthis is wonderful. It is well written and so very unusual in its portrayal of the main characters, no stereo typical dragons here. So pleased I tried this book....many more please.

4.0 out of 5 stars Here be dragons, no, not the kind some of us married!, 24 Dec 2012
I only read this because Mr. Oswald wrote it, not my scene usually, but I was well hooked on this from about the third page!.This really a sort of fable, and I have already read the second in this series, and the third awaits on the Kindle, and will be next in line for me to read. Well done yet again, you sure can write up a storm.

5.0 out of 5 stars DreamWalker, 13 Dec 2012
Excellent read. The story world is complete and hangs together well. The characters are well developed; good guys are likeable and bad guys are detestable with a few characters in between. I can't wait for the story to unfold...

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, 20 Sep 2013
S. Rolt "Sogs101" (UK) - See all my reviews
A marvelous story in 3 parts. This is a story of magic and adventure, richly described. The story is about 2 races, dragons and men and the parallel lives of the two central characters, Sir Benfro, a dragon and Eric Ramsbottom, a boy. Their destinies are closely linked.
At first I couldn't get my head to accept the idea that in this world the dragons walk upright like people but once I accepted the imagery I couldn't put this book down and quickly went on to next books in this trilogy.
A brilliant read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous fantacy, 8 Nov 2012
I realy enjoyed this story. Each book in the trilogy ends in a cliff hanger and I could not wait to read each book. Real page turners once you get used to the story jumping between the main characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Jun 2012
This book blew me away, I could not put it down. What a writer Mr Oswald is, I have since bought The rose cord and read it...this series just goes from strength to strength, takes you through every human emotion and then takes you through them again. How you only pay 1.94 for two books of this quality is beyond belief. My advice to everyone........
READ THESE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 19 Mar 2012
darla (buffalo, ny) - See all my reviews
This book is wonderfully written....the author has command of a wonderful vocabulary and imagination. It is suitable for both teens and adults as it isn't full of racy trash. I highly recommend this book if you enjoy the fantasy genre. Looking forward to the next in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreamwalker, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dreamwalker (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book, it kept in interested until the very last page. Con't wit to read the other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 4 Mar 2014
teenagers would love it, keeps me wanting to read more. please keep writing I like your style. thank you better than the tv

ARRAY(0xa3417174)