5.0 out of 5 stars Good Generic RAM
Published on 15 Sep 2010 by Jim

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all...
Published 5 months ago by Mr. P. Saunders

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Generic RAM, 15 Sep 2010
Bought 8GB as 2x4GB chips as I am short of cash and this was the cheapest DDR2 PC5300 RAM I could find, I was a bit nervous but the RAM arrived in reasonable time and has bedded in well. I can not identify the chips or the boards so this is truly generic RAM, the manufacturer does not even show up in CPU-Z :) However it passed every test I could run and I ran the full suite of Lenovo RAM tests on this memory.

I also ran speed tests on my old RAM before inserting the new chips and the results were identical for old and new so all in all I am very happy.

It's now a week later and I am running several Virtual Machines on my laptop and taking full advantage of the extra RAM, I am running VMware Server on a Windows 7 64 bit host and have a Windows Server 2008 R2 VM running at the same time as 2 Ubuntu VM installations and still have RAM to spare for the host operating system, so I am pretty sure that the full address space available is being well tested.

For background information I am a software developer, I've been in the industry for over 20 years, I would use these guys again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all..., 13 May 2014
This review is from: Komputerbay MACMEMORY Apple 4GB Kit (2x 2GB) PC2-5300 667MHz DDR2 SODIMM for iMac and Macbook Memory (Accessory)
We are a Mac repair company and tried Komputerbay memory due the price. Plus is was geared as Mac specific. Sadly it's is not good at all. I'd say we had a return rate of about 20% initially, straight out of the box! But over the past couple of months, more has come back from customer upgrades as faulty. Fear we will be seeing more coming back too. Not reliable in the long term, let alone the ones with immediate failings. Stick to Crucial...

5.0 out of 5 stars Komputerbay 4GB DDR2 SODIMM (200 pin) 667Mhz PC2 5400 / PC2 5300 CL 5.0, 17 Jan 2012
I purchased Komputerbay 4GB DDR2 SODIMM (200 pin) 667Mhz PC2 5400 / PC2 5300 CL 5.0 before the Xmas period and it arrived in good time. The product has been in my dell latitude d630 or 3 weeks now and I have had no problems. The installation went smoothly and the laptop is working well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible memory, good price, 13 Jan 2012
The memory works great! I'm using it in my iMac 24" (late 2007) with Kingston memory (2GB, same specifications). Nowadays it's a bit hard to find 4Gb 667Mhz memory modules, so I was happy to find Komputerbay modules!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mac Memory, 2 April 2014
Got this for an early 2009 white MacBook and it works flawlessly. Considerably cheaper than any other brand of memory - would definitely buy Komputer Bay memory again and again without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laaptop memory, 29 Aug 2013
My wife's laptop was running slow as over the years she piled in programs related to her hobby which was genealogy. At times she would have several applications opened and running simultaneously which would use up a lot of memory. As there was a vacant slot in the memory chamber I decided to increase it by purchasing a 2 gig sdram module. Now in the past I've found the memory modules had little or no info on it at all. After sifting through a selection of sticks I came across the Komputerbay offer. The module was labelled and packed with info that I needed to know and the price was agreeable as well. After ordering the product it arrived in jig time...slotted it in place and its running like a dream with no holdups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Komputerbay, 9 April 2013
Exactly as ordered very quick delivery. I liked using their website it allowed me to select what can be a different process with so many different types of memory available, got it right first time. Excellent will definitely use again. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 X 2 GB, 17 Jan 2012
The memory arrived on time. I installed them on my 5 years old Dell Inspiron 6400. As it is an old model, only 3.3 GB are available, but this is a problem of a 5 years old motherboard, not the memory itself.

1.0 out of 5 stars RAM faulty, 17 Nov 2011
The RAM caused kernel panics on my macbook pro after installation, and so I ran a software test - it was faulty and I had to return it. Perhaps just my bad luck as other reviewers seem happy, but overall the waste of my time was not worth the £8 saving on Crucial prices.

2.0 out of 5 stars Had to return this item, 9 Aug 2014
The memory speeded the iMac, but after installing it the machine frequently failed to wake from sleep mode, either displaying the grey apple screen or a black screen. The memory had to be returned. I obtained alternative memory from another supplier.