4.0 out of 5 stars Captivating
Would definitely recommend a read. A captivating read which is packed with action despite a slow start. Nicely set up for a sequel, but also self-contained with a sufficient ending.
Published 6 months ago by brefardan

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow start but gets better towards the end
This has an interesting premise but I did find the writing style rather turgid. Also the characters were not that likeable nor particularly distinguishable for that matter, especially the government types.

Published 6 months ago by Robosquid

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 2 Jan 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow start but gets better towards the end, 5 Jan 2014
Robosquid (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phase Four (Kindle Edition)

For a book that was described as 'all action all the way' there wasn't that much action, especially since our hero spent much of his time being led around in handcuffs and dumped into holding areas. There were quite a few psychotropic trips described and I did become a little bored with the repetitiveness (lizards, insects crawling up walls, a giant eye in the sky, etc. etc.)

Strangely enough, the book got really interesting right towards the end (epilogue - 96%) and I'd have liked to read more of what happened in the 'new world order' with the resistance movement. I would have preferred much more of that and far less of the earlier detail.

As for spelling/grammar, there were a number of typos but not too many to distract. The one thing that particularly grated was the irritating north American habit of missing 'of' after 'couple', e.g.
"a couple hours ago", "we shot a couple guards", "a couple hundred of them", "he made a couple calls". This happened every couple OF pages or so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unstoppable, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Phase Four (Kindle Edition)
I read this in a single go, finishing at 2am...
Downloaded for free i hadnt anticipated how good a read this was going to be.
The most awesome twists and turns, with a fabulous ending to it. If you read one book this year, make it this one

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Phase Four (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is very well written and keeps you interested from cover to cover. I couldn't put it down - read it in three sittings!

2.0 out of 5 stars Nope, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Phase Four (Kindle Edition)
Standard "Illuminati" releases psychotropic virus that goes out of control. I really did not enjoy this book, it was extremely hard to read, flitting between governmental characters who had no real character and then descending into random "oh we've lost our mind due to the drug" trances, that don't add anything to the story.

Not a good book at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Phase Four, 17 Dec 2012
This review is from: Phase Four (Kindle Edition)
This is the second of Carson's books I've read. Well, I say read but I didn't quite finish it. His writing style is different and, in places, hard work. I really enjoyed Hot Wire but struggled with Phase Four and abandoned it towards the end. The storyline is original and interesting but in the end it just bcame too much

4.0 out of 5 stars Thriller with a difference, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Phase Four (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book and wasn't actually expecting much from it as I thought I would give it a try when it was on the free books list. I am certainly not disappointed with my choice.

When I started it I thought it would follow the usual well trodden thriller route but this went in a very different direction. The story remained interesting and hooked me to the very end and the characters were believable and engaging throughout the book. The writing was also very good and on the whole I was very impressed with this book.

I would definitely read more from this author and would also like to see how the characters and his world progresses in future books.

Recommended from me, well worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars riveting, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Phase Four (Kindle Edition)
Amazing imagination needed to come up with this frightening story line.
A follow up story line should follow we hope!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phase Four by Gary Carson, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Phase Four (Kindle Edition)
Well structured and believable story. Enjoyable read. Characters are real in how they relate to each other. Can see this made into a movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so sorry Gary - I won't be using Amazon again ( expensive postage) I'll go backto book stores, 20 Feb 2014
Phil Price (Lancaster , UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phase Four (Kindle Edition)
Not had chance to read your book yet, but I won't be using. This service again because Amazon charges too much for their postage of other goods

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›