5.0 out of 5 stars Marissa!! Why did I not hear of you before this ......
Sensational album. Best thing I've heard this year. I'm now off to check out the back catalog!!
I strongly recommend this fine disc.
Published 1 month ago by Ireland Alive!

3.0 out of 5 stars Marissa Nadler - July
Published 2 months ago by A. G. Keeling

5.0 out of 5 stars Marissa!! Why did I not hear of you before this ......, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: July (Audio CD)
I strongly recommend this fine disc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Earily Beautiful, 21 April 2014
This review is from: July (Audio CD)
Boston based, Marissa Nadler is an American Indi/Folk singer/songwriter, who with "July" presents her sixth full length recording.

Marissa's hypnotic like falsetto vocals showcases an album of earily beautiful textures, luring the listener into an album of personal painful emotions. With her ghostly backing vocals, superb musicianship and gorgious production, you can't help but fall for this record.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD vinyl sound., 23 April 2014
This review is from: July [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I got this vinyl (Bella Union) with the CD in it. The sound from this vinyl LP is outstanding - totally full-bodied and totally analog. Enjoy every second of playing this vinyl LP!

3.0 out of 5 stars Marissa Nadler - July, 26 April 2014
This review is from: July (Audio CD)
I read a review somewhere about this album. Someone (a classical composer, I seem to remember) also wrote another review so I decided to buy it. It's taught me one serious thing: never buy albums on the strength of a review. The production values on July are good - and probably THE thing - but, like so many current albums I hear, the actual musical content is very limited indeed. We're living in an age were re-making/re-modelling is the general currency. There's one band who do this exceptionally well: Blood Ceremony. July, however, is just passable; the acoustic guitar playing, adequate (not great as the review I read implied). It seems to me that if it wasn't for technology (i.e. ProTools and related computer recording software) many albums simply wouldn't exist. If only critics (and the reviews written on the front of the album laud it as exceptional) had some kind of musical education we'd be in a better position to pre-assess today's music. Maybe I'm expecting too much?

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely CD, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: July (Audio CD)
Really like this CD but was disappointed there weren't many songs on it. She is a lovely artist but next time I would check that is a few more songs on the CD somehow

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: July (Audio CD)
Don't buy many DVDs these days but read the reiews.
Buy it it is beautiful even for an old codger like me.

July [VINYL]
July [VINYL] by Marissa Nadler (Vinyl - 2014)