4.0 out of 5 stars Keep Calm (Literally) and Carry On Gaming
Published 4 months ago by Rachel

2.0 out of 5 stars 10 day service...
Basicly its an alright mouse, sensitive, good reactions, BUT

-No rubber cover anywhere, hard plastic everywhere, feeling like climbing a mountain so hard to hold in hands after some hours of gaming.
- Weight balance is someone might like or hate. I am in the second clique. Its way too far to that backside.
- Defected. Worked alright for 10 days, led...
Published 5 months ago by Gergely Fülöp

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep Calm (Literally) and Carry On Gaming, 1 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Redragon® Centrophorus 2000 DPI Gaming Mouse, 6 Buttons, 8 built-in weights, 3 Speed Gear (Electronics)
As someone on a tight budget, I chose to purchase a mouse which was good looking, promises good performance with a relatively cheap price tag. This mouse ticked all these boxes, so eagerly I ordered the Red Dragon Centrophorus, despite advice from family members to bide my time until I could afford a "proper" mouse from more well-known brand, such as Razor or Steelseries. It's a very good good thing that I am renowned for being stubborn and headstrong, otherwise I wouldn't of discovered the truly underrated potential that this mouse possesses, at such a good value for your money too.

The pros of this mouse is that, for me, ticked all the three standards that I set. The appearance of this mouse is visually pleasing, with a red LED back and side lights give this mouse a professional look, though given that the large glowing dragon on the back, in some eyes, looks rather tacky, but given the price I paid for this, I am more than willing to forgive that opinionated flaw. However, the mouse itself is not the only part that is aesthetically pleasing, as the USB wire is actually a fabric cable, with a very nice looking red and black pattern along the length.

The Centrophorus promises a wide range of functions for the best performance it can offer, and it sure does deliver. The adjustable DPI settings is just a click away from finding your comfortable speed for gaming, with a small button below the scroll wheel allowing you to quickly adjust your settings with ease. The two programmable buttons on the mouse can be changed in game or on a driver you can download from Redragon's website, allows you to allocate keys to each button for swifter actions as your disposal. Adjustable weights inside the mouse are easily accessible from the bottom, allowing you to remove as many as you wish to achieve your ideal weight, and the smooth gliding motions you can make with this mouse is certainly impressive, even to the point that when compared to my brother's Razor Abyssus, he admitted that he preferred the performance and feel of the Centrophorus over his Razor brand mouse. Overall, an impressive mouse.

But however, as much as I like this mouse, I would be a liar if I were to say that it didn't have its flaws. There are a few problems I have with this mouse to which I will talk about now.

Problems concerning the design on the mouse is that I find that the right and left mouse buttons seem to be positioned a bit too far apart for my comfort. I tend to find that my fingers feel slightly uncomfortable after a while of playing, though this is probably down to the fact I have small hands myself, this mouse wasn't designed for us size impaired folk in mind.

This factor is the one that is definitely worth pointing out is the physical factor of this mouse. This mouse does not feel sturdy, and the plastic does feel 'cheap'. While this is not a problem for me, since I do not tend to get angry whilst gaming, I can certainly recognise that there are many people out there who tend to take out pent up frustration on their mice. I would imagine once this mouse is slammed, something inside would be damaged, guaranteed. I would not recommend this mouse for those who are prone to 'game rage'.

So all in all, this mouse has really impressed me, with the pros outweighing the cons by a long shot, I would definitely purchase the Centrophorus again, despite the button distance. The performance this mouse offers is unbelievable compared to the amount of money you're paying for it. I would definitely recommend this to new and experienced players who can keep a cool head on while playing. For those who tend to animated during gaming, I would recommend finding a sturdier mouse that can withstand your wrath.

4.0 out of 5 stars Redragon® Centrophorus 2000 DPI Gaming Mouse, 23 July 2014
First of all this is one sexy looking mouse, and the price is VERY good, more than reasonable.

I really wish more gaming mice put the DPI switch button easily click-able on the top of the mouse, IDK how I lived without it, I sure hope this mouse starts a trend of this with other mice.

It has a nice weight to it, adjustable weight of-course, the adjustable weight compartment also makes a sneaky hiding place to hide encrypted Micro SD cards ..amongst other things ;P

It glows very bright red, not distracting when ur hand is covering it though, the bright red glow looks dope :)

The side switches make it easy for me to flick back and forth between web-pages on websites.

One thing I can't praise this enough on is that it requires no special drivers or ridiculous software unlike other 'gaming mice', just plug and play and it all works, even on Linux (I use a Linux OS (Xubuntu).

So why did I knock off a star?: well maybe knocking off a whole star was a little harsh but this means a fair bit to me, the buttons are way too curved-up where they meet the center, and they are also far apart so I have-to really stretch-out my fingers, this effects my gameplay quite negatively. still usable though.

I'd recommend buying this mouse, even with that last minor fault, as after looking at a-lot of the other gaming mouses on the market, this one is a sure winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for poker grinders, 24 Jun. 2014
I grind 8 hours a day @ 1200 hands per hour and this mouse is perfect for the job. Here is a list why.

1. Comfort. Just feels great.

2. Not too many buttons. The choice is either a non heavy duty mouse, or one built specifically for gamers with too many buttons that get in the way.

3. Build quality. Solid case, no sign of any problems with buttons so far after a month and the heavy duty cable. Great for those tilt induced rages.

4. Price. As cheap as a "standard" mouse.

I only have one problem with it though. LED under the logo is a bit too bright. But I think that's just me being too picky. Managed to fix that with a permanent marker anyway so not a problem any more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for videogames: map key combinations to each button, 5 Aug. 2014
Lo Zeno (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a typical MMO gamer mouse, but I didn't purchase it for the intended purpose:
a few months ago I had an accident, I broke my left humerus and my radial nerve was damaged; as a consequence, for a good while I won't be able to move my left hand's wrist and fingers properly. Unfortunately, I work as a software developer, so being unable to use both hands when typing prevents me from using several key combinations (even something as simple as Ctrl+Alt+Del is hard for me to press).
This mouse helped me a lot: I mapped my 15 most used key combinations on its buttons, plus three macros on its top buttons, and it really helps! I can't say my productivity is back to what it was before my accident, but it definitely improved.

I would suggest any software developer out there to look into MMO mice, as they are probably more useful for our job than for games, actually

5.0 out of 5 stars Its works - zip - zoom - click - click, 8 Feb. 2015
I have had the Redragon® Centrophorus 2000 DPI for about 2 weeks now, enough time to get a decent feel for the mouse.

I use this mouse for normal web surfing, document editing, image editing and more PC gaming than I should be playing ( I should be working ).
I do have a slightly larger then average hand, but nothing special and I also tend to move the mouse with my fingers and do not rest my hand on the mouse. I mention this since there are different ways everyone seems to handle their mouse.

First Impressions : Its a long mouse, that feels fairly solid although on shaking I did hear a rattle noise ( This was is the DPI button )>
I have a similar mouse, that is identical in layout although the shell differs slightly. I do like that the side buttons are quite long and I have no problems clicking. Another nice bit about the side buttons is one is smooth and the other is roughly textured, so I know which button is under my thumb when I press.

Now this mouse comes with weights, and perhaps its just me but take the weights out and the mouse simply becomes to light. I think it is a tad gimmicky since you will probably either leave them in or take them out, but hey nice to have.

Movement is smooth and button clicks are easy and effortless, with a nice click noise <click,click>
The mouse itself has a rough texture over its entire surface, I honestly do not notice the texture when handling, but it does feel less slippery in my hand.

About DPI I choose the lowest since I cannot see an common everyday use for the higher DPI, I have a nice simple mouse-pad and this beats a high dpi every-time. Now since my previous mouse was very similar in design and layout and worked very well for 5 years.

The only downside, if I have to mention anything is the red lights. They lights are quite bright and if you are easily distracted by something like this then perhaps have a little black tape on hand. The light does not bother me, although I am conscience of it and I have seen other reviews that mention it

5.0 out of 5 stars it is amazing. I picked this mouse up for a number ..., 17 Oct. 2014
For the price, it is amazing. I picked this mouse up for a number of reasons:
- The sensor is an Avago ADNS-3080 which is a high quality sensor used in various Razer & other much more expensive gaming mice
- The DPI - this mouse starts at 400 DPI which is perfect for FPS games. Low sensitivy = higher accuracy. Anyone wondering if 3500 DPI is enough compared to other mice with 8k DPI, I have NEVER put this mouse past 1600 DPI, and that is for browing on a 1080p desktop
- Switchable polling rate - being able to set the polling rate to 500hz or even 1000hz is essential for higher accuracy (polling rate is how many times a second information is sent from your mouse's sensor to the computer)
- Software - easy to use and set everything you'd want
- Quality - very solid mouse, textured (not rubberised as I thought it would be) buttons and nice solid mouse wheel & side buttons. Also the cord is braided and looks like it was built to last.

The only couple of negatives about the product which are entirely subjective are:
- LEDs - I don't know why it is impossible to get a plain mouse, I don't want a mouse which looks like a space ship! As I use on 400 DPI the lights turn off anyway so it's not too big an issue
- Size - I have quite a big hand and would have prefered the more rounded Centophorus shape, but that mouse didn't have as good features as this one

That's it! For the price I don't think you will get much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised., 7 Aug. 2014
I have been using this for a month and so far it performs as advertised. For your information, my computer is Windows 7 and my "mouse pad" is a 300 x 300 x 1 mm PTFE sheet.

Sensor: no detectable tracking errors at 16400 cpi, no detectable cursor drift or angle snapping, no acceleration by default (can be changed)

Weight: too heavy for me with removable weights but centre of mass slightly too far forward without removable weights, since the cartridge for removable weights is quite far back.

Feet: very slippery from day one to now. No perceptible change in shape or slipperiness due to wear, after one month..

Surface: different to the other kinds of non-slip found on other mice, but does its job. I don't recall ever having slipped my hand in this month.

Cable: the outer layer looks like and feels like nylon or some other kind of fibre which can be hold force. Feels very durable. Only problem is that its surface is rough and sometimes catches the edge of my mouse pad.

Buttons: Side button 11 is quite stiff. (requires about 4 times as much force to activate, compared to other side buttons) All other buttons click well. The side buttons are slightly angled so gripping the mouse tightly is unlikely to activate them by mistake, but if you angle the direction of push then not a lot of force is needed to activate the button.

Driver: macros you record yourself have a long delay when activated (about 1.5 seconds), making them unusable in games; standard actions (left click, right click etc) and built-in macros (triple click, Ctrl, Shift etc) have no detectable delay. Package comes with a small CD with driver software; it is also available from the official website.

5.0 out of 5 stars INSTA-BUY!, 18 Sept. 2014
Let me start by saying that this mouse is an amazing piece of hardware!
I was expecting something..."low-ish" quality due to the much lower price when compared to the Naga/G600, but oh boy...was I wrong.

The whole mouse feels durable and well made. Does NOT feel like a plastic mouse that will break if you push the buttons too hard.

It clicks well, it slides well. It grips well!

The weights on the bottom are a great adittion as well, as they allow you to choose how heavy/light you want the mouse to be.

The profile setting software is SO easy to use! You can change the dpi, the keybinds, the colour of the pulsing light, and much more.

It's very user friendly!

The ONLY Con i've found, isn't even a big deal, as it is more of a personal thing: The mouse is a bit high in the middle, which leaves my hand hanging in a weird position, BUT this is when compared to my old Naga.

I'm sure i'll get used to it in no time!

Bottom line: If you are short on cash and want a GOOD, reliable, well built mmo mouse, Get this! You will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Build Build Quality & Design Perfect for Gamers (Personally ..., 25 Feb. 2015
Good Build Build Quality & Design Perfect for Gamers (Personally find it great for MOBA's however it does have a number of buttons for various uses.

With a good product like this there is very little to comment on but I'll tune in on the design to give some clarity - First is the overall texture of the mouse which almost feels rock like allowing for extra grip (Feels better than certain rubbery mice which can slip), Second is the buttons design & placement which makes it extremely easy to navigate (Last thing you need whilst playing a furious game is to be bothering on your peripherals) & Finally is DPI function which is built directly onto the mouse (2 Buttons below the roller) which allows you to decide between 5 Settings in just a matter of milliseconds.

So if you're looking for a high quality product (Made by the researchers behind some of the more expensive peripherals out there) which looks great and comes with a brilliant price - This product is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing mouse. No problems after about a month of use., 23 Mar. 2015
Honestly have no complaints. I'm currently using this on Windows 8.1 and I can confirm it works fine.
The side buttons are helpful, but I don't use them all. I use about 6 of them, being 1,2,7,10,8,12. It's a very light mouse, and very comfortable. When the weights are in the center of gravity is a bit far back, so you end up lifting the front of the mouse slightly sometimes, but it's not too much of a problem. The cable is well-made, about the thickness of a thick shoelace meaning that it is very hard to break. I currently use about 4000dpi of the 16400dpi available, and that's enough for me.
Overall I would recommend this mouse. It's very comfortable in the hand, looks very nice (with all the customisable colours. Not sure about 16 million, but you can use a wheel to select what you want.). It moves very nicely (currently using a cloth mouse pad) and has exactly 0 problems so far.