5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised.
I have been using this for a month and so far it performs as advertised. For your information, my computer is Windows 7 and my "mouse pad" is a 300 x 300 x 1 mm PTFE sheet.

Sensor: no detectable tracking errors at 16400 cpi, no detectable cursor drift or angle snapping, no acceleration by default (can be changed)

Weight: too heavy for me with...
Published 4 months ago by Peter Lau

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price
The mouse works fine, there's no issues with the sensitivity, the shape feels good, the buttons are in the right places and it looks pretty stylish. For the price it's a decent mouse. But there are some drawbacks...

Published 4 months ago by waofy

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep Calm (Literally) and Carry On Gaming, 1 Nov 2014
This review is from: Redragon® Centrophorus 2000 DPI Gaming Mouse, 6 Buttons, 8 built-in weights, 3 Speed Gear (Electronics)
As someone on a tight budget, I chose to purchase a mouse which was good looking, promises good performance with a relatively cheap price tag. This mouse ticked all these boxes, so eagerly I ordered the Red Dragon Centrophorus, despite advice from family members to bide my time until I could afford a "proper" mouse from more well-known brand, such as Razor or Steelseries. It's a very good good thing that I am renowned for being stubborn and headstrong, otherwise I wouldn't of discovered the truly underrated potential that this mouse possesses, at such a good value for your money too.

The pros of this mouse is that, for me, ticked all the three standards that I set. The appearance of this mouse is visually pleasing, with a red LED back and side lights give this mouse a professional look, though given that the large glowing dragon on the back, in some eyes, looks rather tacky, but given the price I paid for this, I am more than willing to forgive that opinionated flaw. However, the mouse itself is not the only part that is aesthetically pleasing, as the USB wire is actually a fabric cable, with a very nice looking red and black pattern along the length.

The Centrophorus promises a wide range of functions for the best performance it can offer, and it sure does deliver. The adjustable DPI settings is just a click away from finding your comfortable speed for gaming, with a small button below the scroll wheel allowing you to quickly adjust your settings with ease. The two programmable buttons on the mouse can be changed in game or on a driver you can download from Redragon's website, allows you to allocate keys to each button for swifter actions as your disposal. Adjustable weights inside the mouse are easily accessible from the bottom, allowing you to remove as many as you wish to achieve your ideal weight, and the smooth gliding motions you can make with this mouse is certainly impressive, even to the point that when compared to my brother's Razor Abyssus, he admitted that he preferred the performance and feel of the Centrophorus over his Razor brand mouse. Overall, an impressive mouse.

But however, as much as I like this mouse, I would be a liar if I were to say that it didn't have its flaws. There are a few problems I have with this mouse to which I will talk about now.

Problems concerning the design on the mouse is that I find that the right and left mouse buttons seem to be positioned a bit too far apart for my comfort. I tend to find that my fingers feel slightly uncomfortable after a while of playing, though this is probably down to the fact I have small hands myself, this mouse wasn't designed for us size impaired folk in mind.

This factor is the one that is definitely worth pointing out is the physical factor of this mouse. This mouse does not feel sturdy, and the plastic does feel 'cheap'. While this is not a problem for me, since I do not tend to get angry whilst gaming, I can certainly recognise that there are many people out there who tend to take out pent up frustration on their mice. I would imagine once this mouse is slammed, something inside would be damaged, guaranteed. I would not recommend this mouse for those who are prone to 'game rage'.

So all in all, this mouse has really impressed me, with the pros outweighing the cons by a long shot, I would definitely purchase the Centrophorus again, despite the button distance. The performance this mouse offers is unbelievable compared to the amount of money you're paying for it. I would definitely recommend this to new and experienced players who can keep a cool head on while playing. For those who tend to animated during gaming, I would recommend finding a sturdier mouse that can withstand your wrath.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised., 7 Aug 2014

Weight: too heavy for me with removable weights but centre of mass slightly too far forward without removable weights, since the cartridge for removable weights is quite far back.

Feet: very slippery from day one to now. No perceptible change in shape or slipperiness due to wear, after one month..

Surface: different to the other kinds of non-slip found on other mice, but does its job. I don't recall ever having slipped my hand in this month.

Cable: the outer layer looks like and feels like nylon or some other kind of fibre which can be hold force. Feels very durable. Only problem is that its surface is rough and sometimes catches the edge of my mouse pad.

Buttons: Side button 11 is quite stiff. (requires about 4 times as much force to activate, compared to other side buttons) All other buttons click well. The side buttons are slightly angled so gripping the mouse tightly is unlikely to activate them by mistake, but if you angle the direction of push then not a lot of force is needed to activate the button.

Driver: macros you record yourself have a long delay when activated (about 1.5 seconds), making them unusable in games; standard actions (left click, right click etc) and built-in macros (triple click, Ctrl, Shift etc) have no detectable delay. Package comes with a small CD with driver software; it is also available from the official website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for poker grinders, 24 Jun 2014
I grind 8 hours a day @ 1200 hands per hour and this mouse is perfect for the job. Here is a list why.

1. Comfort. Just feels great.

2. Not too many buttons. The choice is either a non heavy duty mouse, or one built specifically for gamers with too many buttons that get in the way.

3. Build quality. Solid case, no sign of any problems with buttons so far after a month and the heavy duty cable. Great for those tilt induced rages.

4. Price. As cheap as a "standard" mouse.

I only have one problem with it though. LED under the logo is a bit too bright. But I think that's just me being too picky. Managed to fix that with a permanent marker anyway so not a problem any more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Redragon® Centrophorus 2000 DPI Gaming Mouse, 23 July 2014
First of all this is one sexy looking mouse, and the price is VERY good, more than reasonable.

I really wish more gaming mice put the DPI switch button easily click-able on the top of the mouse, IDK how I lived without it, I sure hope this mouse starts a trend of this with other mice.

It has a nice weight to it, adjustable weight of-course, the adjustable weight compartment also makes a sneaky hiding place to hide encrypted Micro SD cards ..amongst other things ;P

It glows very bright red, not distracting when ur hand is covering it though, the bright red glow looks dope :)

The side switches make it easy for me to flick back and forth between web-pages on websites.

One thing I can't praise this enough on is that it requires no special drivers or ridiculous software unlike other 'gaming mice', just plug and play and it all works, even on Linux (I use a Linux OS (Xubuntu).

So why did I knock off a star?: well maybe knocking off a whole star was a little harsh but this means a fair bit to me, the buttons are way too curved-up where they meet the center, and they are also far apart so I have-to really stretch-out my fingers, this effects my gameplay quite negatively. still usable though.

I'd recommend buying this mouse, even with that last minor fault, as after looking at a-lot of the other gaming mouses on the market, this one is a sure winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars it is amazing. I picked this mouse up for a number ..., 17 Oct 2014
For the price, it is amazing. I picked this mouse up for a number of reasons:
- The sensor is an Avago ADNS-3080 which is a high quality sensor used in various Razer & other much more expensive gaming mice
- The DPI - this mouse starts at 400 DPI which is perfect for FPS games. Low sensitivy = higher accuracy. Anyone wondering if 3500 DPI is enough compared to other mice with 8k DPI, I have NEVER put this mouse past 1600 DPI, and that is for browing on a 1080p desktop
- Switchable polling rate - being able to set the polling rate to 500hz or even 1000hz is essential for higher accuracy (polling rate is how many times a second information is sent from your mouse's sensor to the computer)
- Software - easy to use and set everything you'd want
- Quality - very solid mouse, textured (not rubberised as I thought it would be) buttons and nice solid mouse wheel & side buttons. Also the cord is braided and looks like it was built to last.

The only couple of negatives about the product which are entirely subjective are:
- LEDs - I don't know why it is impossible to get a plain mouse, I don't want a mouse which looks like a space ship! As I use on 400 DPI the lights turn off anyway so it's not too big an issue
- Size - I have quite a big hand and would have prefered the more rounded Centophorus shape, but that mouse didn't have as good features as this one

That's it! For the price I don't think you will get much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars INSTA-BUY!, 18 Sep 2014
Let me start by saying that this mouse is an amazing piece of hardware!
I was expecting something..."low-ish" quality due to the much lower price when compared to the Naga/G600, but oh boy...was I wrong.

The whole mouse feels durable and well made. Does NOT feel like a plastic mouse that will break if you push the buttons too hard.

It clicks well, it slides well. It grips well!

The weights on the bottom are a great adittion as well, as they allow you to choose how heavy/light you want the mouse to be.

The profile setting software is SO easy to use! You can change the dpi, the keybinds, the colour of the pulsing light, and much more.

It's very user friendly!

The ONLY Con i've found, isn't even a big deal, as it is more of a personal thing: The mouse is a bit high in the middle, which leaves my hand hanging in a weird position, BUT this is when compared to my old Naga.

I'm sure i'll get used to it in no time!

Bottom line: If you are short on cash and want a GOOD, reliable, well built mmo mouse, Get this! You will not regret it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, 16 Aug 2014

1. I don't see the point of the weights, they seem to make it more difficult to slide the mouse around. Fortunately they are easy enough to remove.

2. The light from the dragon logo is too bright, especially given the fact it faces the user (even glancing at it is enough to cause blotches in your vision). Easily solvable by putting a white sticker over it, although this obviously negates the "stylish" factor.

3. My mouse and keyboard are on a slide-out part below my desk and the cable from the mouse runs over the back. This was no problem with my old mouse but because the cable was smooth, but the cable of this mouse is a fabric material so there is a lot of friction from it catching on the edge. I solved this by putting some gaffer tape around the cable.

So in conclusion, it's a fine mouse if you're good at making improvised solutions!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 24 Jun 2014
Steven Crossman "Steven Crossman" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought for my teenager son who does a lot of gaming. He loves it. Good price, good product, good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value!, 23 Jun 2014
I looked at this mouse after my Razer Naga had stopped working. I must say that I don't regret my choice in the slightest as this mouse is great! At just the fraction of the price compared to other mice of it's kind you can't go wrong! Will definitely look at many of the other products that BlueByte stock!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great responsive gaming mouse, 23 Jun 2014
First of all I would like to say how well this mouse performs.It is perfectly responsive and to be honest I haven't had any problems with it at all. The programming menu is completely understandable and easy to read. The buttons on the thumb side felt pretty natural to use. The huge variety of mouse DPI (sensitivity) was cool to have, however I dont think 16000 is quite necessary!
I do really like all the colour customization and the brightness levels.
If I had to make an improvement then I would explain what everything on the menu does because a few of the options, I had no idea what they meant,..just so people can better understand what they are getting into.