5.0 out of 5 stars You Need to See This
I watched this first before the film starring Tom Hanks. In my opinion this rates a 5+ wheras the film would be 3-. If you want to watch a film of this incident - WATCH THIS ONE!!
Published 1 month ago by Alan527

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong order my fault
It was not the one I wanted. I ordered this by mistake as I wanted the film and not the discovery version. My mistake but did not find this at all interesting sorry.
Published 26 days ago by Ms L I Hart

5.0 out of 5 stars You Need to See This, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Captain Phillips The True Story - Somali Pirate Takedown (please note this is not the film but a documentary) [DVD] (DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Captain Philip, 31 Mar 2014
I watched this prior to watching the documentary. It very interesting through out the picture and life like which surprised me as I often think 'based on true stories' will steer away from reality

4.0 out of 5 stars Somali Pirates, 17 Mar 2014
It was a present for my husband who said it was very good. It gave a good and true account of the facts helping him to understand the situation much better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong order my fault, 23 Mar 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Captain Philips DVD, 14 Mar 2014
I was very disappointed as I thought I had ordered the recent full length feature film. The DVD was interesting but not what I was looking forward to.It maybe my fault for not reading the small print.

4.0 out of 5 stars Zippy and fast paced., 1 Mar 2014
Yvonne N (Wiltshire England) - See all my reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed this film. I don't normally go for action type films or those based on true stories. However in this case I'm so glad that I listened to the reviews,rather than my own bias as far as genres go. The pace is kept up really well and the tension is built up perfectly, particularly in the early part of the film. Good performances all round. Tom hanks is a particular favourite of mine and he certainly does not disappoint here. The direction is brilliant too. I would thoroughly recommend this film to anyone. A classic not to be missed. The pace drops just slightly mid-film and there is a smidgeon of cliché in some of the lesser characters which is why I haven't given it a five. However I'm being picky here. It's so face paced during the early part of the film that there is bound to be a slight drop at some point which is therefore more noticeable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, 12 Feb 2014
This product, although very well made, is heavy and not suitable for people suffering from any arthritic condition of hands, arms or shoulders.

ARRAY(0xa80f57e0)