5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding..
Published 5 months ago by Mr T J Price

3.0 out of 5 stars first listening
Published 4 months ago by Nikolaos Oikonomidis

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding.., 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Other World (MP3 Download)
This is not an easy album to listen to, but as a follower of the works of Hammill and VDGG for many years this is what we have to come to expect and admire. After a couple of plays, I can honestly say this is one of the best Hammill albums I have heard for a long time. The guitar work is very distinctive of other Hammill work, but has a much crisper feel, and the collaboration with Gary Lucas gives the album a complete uniqueness.

3.0 out of 5 stars first listening, 13 Mar 2014
Nikolaos Oikonomidis (Thessaloniki Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Other World (Audio CD)
I'm not sure what I expect from Peter Hammill anymore;I own more records of him(and VDGG) than of any other artist(everything up to Enter K and about ten to fifteen works after that), and though I still hold a great admiration for him, and get really excited whenever I get the chance to watch him(and listen to him) live, it's been a long time since I found some of his new records I keep buying really interesting.The sound seems repetitive, the lyrics too, as if there is a lack of true inspiration.The same feeling I have with the first listening of this collaboration of his with Gary Lucas;I think I have listened to these songs a hundred times before and the sound landscapes had been present in other loops and sonix I own, or remind me of many Eno or Fripp records.I'm sorry to have this feeling, and I will give Other world more chances(maybe I miss something at the moment or I was in a short of mood) but I doubt things will change dramatically;if they do, I promise to come back with another review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works really well, 4 Feb 2014
Tim (sheffield, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Other World (Audio CD)
I didn't know what to expect from this and was prepared for something "difficult". But in fact its surprisingly accessible and full of songs - with a couple of semi-ambient pieces. The combination of guitars works really well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality collaboration, 8 Feb 2014
N. Dutton (Newcastle, Staffs, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Other World (Audio CD)
Peter Hammill is my favourite artist not only because of his long history of high quality releases but also because of his refusal to stand still. These qualities are amply demonstrated on this collaboration with guitar whizz Gary Lucas; it's very good and sounds like nothing Hammill has done before. Some of the songs are relatively straightforward guitar and vocal tracks (for instance Spinning Coins, Of Kith and Kin, the Kid) while others feature Hammill's vocals backed by atmospheres and soundscapes (mostly created with guitars) that make the album title very appropriate indeed ( for example Reboot and Some Kind of Fracas). At times the ambient/dark or just plain weird sounds feel as if they could have come from a specialist electronic outfit, such as RMI. PH's voice, quite restrained in this outing, is as magnificent as ever. Five of the 14 tracks (one third of the album) is comprised of instrumental pieces in which Lucas shines. For those who prefer songs to instumentals that leaves 40 minutes to remind us that, at 65, Mr Hammill remains the best of the lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great CD from Hammil, 14 April 2014
G. B. Owen ""Necromancer"" (Swansea Valley) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Other World (Audio CD)
The CD arrived very quickly and was well packed, and with Amazon's cloud player I was able to download and play straight away. Another great CD from Hammill, much easier to get into than i anticipated.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Master, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Other World (Audio CD)
Another great offering from the master. The contrast is balanced and as always the dark moments are haunting. Well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars??!!, 14 Feb 2014
Mr. J. Shotts "Jeremy Shotts" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Other World (Audio CD)
Hammill and Lucas - sounded like a Star wars reunion. In fact a combinition of creative talent that works wonders. Neither one thing notr the other but something new combining the best of both. Looking forward to seeing the live incarnation presently. Expectations are high!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Mr. Hammill - Fantastic Mr. Lucas, 17 Mar 2014
Francisco Carvalho "Francis" (Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Other World (Audio CD)
Mr. Hammill in excellent duet with Gary Lucas and as always accustomed us, made ​​more brilliant work ... sometimes brings us to the progressive sound of 70 ... as the classic "Pawn Hearts" Van Der Graaf Generator but here and there reminding many of his best solo albums.
No doubt the years increasingly refined Peter Hammill, because the patient is in excellent shape matching very well your experience with innovation that has accustomed us.

The symbiosis with Gary Lucas is perfect, keeping intact the Universe Hammill.

Great Album .... I heartily recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Titanic!!!, 8 Feb 2014
K. Phillips "entity" (Glasgow,Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Other World (Audio CD)
sorry my astronomy is not so good...?is this a moon of juptiter on the cover?This is as strange and wonderful as you could have wished for.The combination of pete's voice and other wordily instrumentation works really well....as usual ham mill is not afraid to tell it like it is, even if that is not at all comfortable.It goes without saying that the average person will hate this..but us in the know realise that this is the real deal (Faustian though it maybe).Come to think of it this is a little further out than our solar system.For Hammill fans...a must!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album., 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Other World (Audio CD)
Have only played this twice so far but it is guaranteed many further listens. Peter and Gary compliment each other superbly and have produced some lovely music. I only have the autorip download at present as I await the arrival of the c.d. so I don't know to what extent Gary is involved in the writing. Whatever, to paraphrase a previous album, GTRS / VOX / MAGIC !! More work planned together, chaps? I, for one, certainly hope so.

Other World
Other World by Peter Hammill (Audio CD - 2014)