5.0 out of 5 stars The Enid Blyton Book of Fairies, 21 Dec 2013
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: A Book of Fairies (The Enhchanted World) (Kindle Edition)
I was delighted to come across this new, kindle edition, of a book which was one of my favourites as a child and which I cannot wait to read with my daughter. First published in 1924, this early Blyton book has had many reprints over the years and has been enjoyed by generations of young readers. The stories included are:

Fireworks in Fairyland
The Tenth Task
Off to the Land of Tiddlywinks
The Land of Great Stupids
The Prisoners of the Dobbadies

I enjoyed re-reading the first story, which I still remembered clearly, about some knife grinding gnomes, who try to get revenge at the Fairy Queen's party. Then there is Betty, who doesn't believe in fairies and has to be shown the error of her ways. This is a book full of magical people - fairies, elves and brownies. There are delightful magical shops, talking animals and naughty gnomes. Enid Blyton is often criticised for her old fashioned views, but if you consider that this book was written over eighty years ago, it is remarkably fresh and entertaining to read and I am pleased that this lovely book has been re-printed in a kindle edition to discover a whole new audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book of Fairies - Enid Blyton, 17 April 2012
I remembered my daughter enjoying this book when she was a little girl and I thought my granddaughter would love it just as much as she did. I was not disappointed as she was very excited at getting the book and keen to have the stories read to her. I would recommend this book for all of those little girls who still believe in fairies!

4.0 out of 5 stars SLW, 9 April 2012
Another one of my favourite childhood stories, again in good condition and delivered really quick, it is not the cover I remember, but the stories are still there, I will look forward to reading this to my future grandchildren, along with The Book of Brownies.

5.0 out of 5 stars For a friend, 14 April 2013
A girl I work with remembered this book from when she was a child so we ordered it for a very cheap price and it came very quicker well packaged and when we opened it instead of being "used" It was in perfect condition it didn't even look like it had been opened before! Needless to say she was over the moon with this purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars gillian, 29 Oct 2009
Mrs. G. Murphy (bolton, lancs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Book of Fairies (Hardcover)
was pleased to get this book in hardback.
as you can not buy them now. i used to read them to my
daughter, so i have bought this to read to my granddaughter.