5.0 out of 5 stars transcend 32 GB jetflash drive
Much smaller than I expected but this is not a criticism. I used it to download music files from my laptop and now use it to play via my Nexus 7 tablet. It does this very well indeed and saves taking up space in my tablet's memory. Overall very pleased.
Published 7 months ago by D. G. Shelley

Very small size which may be a plus or negative.It is difficult to put in a key ring and becomes difficult to pull out of usb slot of computer.Key ring attachment is very flimsy and broke within a week in keyring so now I keep this in my purse.
Published 10 days ago by orthopod

5.0 out of 5 stars transcend 32 GB jetflash drive, 19 Mar 2014
D. G. Shelley "denshelley" (Bewdley, Worcs.U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transcend 32GB 380S USB On-the-Go JetFlash Flash Drive - Silver (Personal Computers)

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and Useful, but it gets very HOT!, 10 Jun 2014
Having had the flash drive for a month now, I can that it is a small piece of kit, delightfully small. It has reasonably fast read and write speeds for its purpose, made from solid materials, it feels like metal but could be really well treated plastic, and we'll priced compared to some of its competitors.

My criticisms are that it gets very hot in use. I just transferred 4gb of data from my phone to it, and it was hot enough to be a burn hazard. I accept that improvements to reduce its contact heat would lead to less attractive product. But this gets HOT. So don't leave it plugged into your phone/tablet with young children around.

Secondly, a method to attach it your key ring would be useful, the cap is tiny and far too easy to lose, but shouldn't impede functionality if you do.

I can't dock it a star for the lack of attachment options but it will lose a star for how hot it gets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 3 April 2014
When I ordered this flash drive I expected to be like any others but it's better. It has a very tiny size and it fits even in my pocket. The item will be used for a backup and sync drive and I think it'll fit its purpose. The drive is very solid build also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant solution combined with Nexus Media Importer, gets hot..., 14 Oct 2014
Plugged in downloaded Nexus Media Importer app, and bingo works straight off the bat. But if you play say music files off it and play an app game at the same time, it can get very hot an then the music stops and when you go back in the Nexus Media Importer app it reloads but the music you queued up disappears and you have to re queue the music you want to listen too. Works fine if the only app playing and I guess the environment you are in as well. For instance sitting on the train with the tablet on my lap this happened about 4 times in an hour. But in the air conditioned office I work it is cooler and it works fine, it is rather hot but not as hot as it was when I was playing a game at the same time. So not up to the job with the Nexus Media Importer when using other apps at the same time in a warmer environment but fine for listening to music whilst doing some else....I guess it could be the app or the stick, who knows

Putting that aside, brilliant solution to store music on the memory card and not on the tablet. Effectively you can store masses of music for instance and not touch the memory on your tablet. Super, no lag or anything

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my best purchases ever, 22 Jun 2014
I travel a lot (business and pleasure) and this little gadget is just amazing. I can load hours and hours and hours of video and films on it, and either watch it on my phone, my tablet or my chromebook. Long gone are the days where we used to have to drag a portable DVD player with us on our travels, plus DVD collections. I think its wonderful. Bought partner the silver one so we can differentiate - I don't want to watch episodes of Smallville and Lord of the Rings and I'm sure he doesn't want to watch the girly things I enjoy, so everyone's a winner!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good while it works but very flimsy micro usb side stopped working after 2-3 months, 20 Oct 2014
works quite well with samsung note 3 and and note 10.1 2014 edition but gets very hot.Other issue with the microusb side is that it is very flimsy as well and became a bit loose after 2-3 months of occasional use with my phone and stopped working completely on micro usb side.Contacted transcend who suggested to contact the seller.Amazon customer service have been brilliant and replaced the item.I do not know how long it is going to last.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very versatile device but its small size means it gets hot and can be awkward to extract., 25 Aug 2014
Great to use although its small size and fact that the bulk of it fits inside a standard USB port means that it gets quite hot when used. I threaded some chord the ring on the cap and body to keep them together. With only a small part sticking out it can be difficult to pull it out of a standard USB port after use (no problems with micro USB ports). I used the cord to pull it out of the back of my TV and, in doing so, broke the ring on the body.

2.0 out of 5 stars The stick was overheating when writing or reading. I ..., 13 July 2014
The stick was overheating when writing or reading. I had to sent it back and get it replaced by another brand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive!, 21 Feb 2014
I am very impressed with this device, it is smaller than I expected, which is good!
To copy a 1080p 2.87GB video to the Flash Drive it took: 3 Minutes 45 Seconds.
To copy it from the device to my computer took: 1 Minute 40 seconds

I could not test how long it took to import onto my phone as it does not have enough ram. None the less, it seems to have strong read speeds. I tested this flash drive using my Nexus 5, however I believe that it has to be rooted in order for the OTG aspect to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 2 July 2014
Neat little flash drive. Good value