Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Colour Name: WhiteChange

on 29 June 2015
Best headset I have ever owned. Been a PC gamer for a while now and tried all manor of headsets including the famous Razer Tiamat 7.1 headset and the Astros A50's along with many, many Turtle Beach headsets. I won't even bother rating the G4ME ZERO headset against the Turtle Beach headsets because they are not even in the same league. Sound quality, build quality, design, value for money, comfort, the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO just stomps on anything Turtle Beach could ever make.

Anyway, enough about Turtle's. Compared to the other high priced headsets I have owned, this is truly the only one that has ever made me feel like I was listening to the sound as it was originally intended. Pair this headset with a high end, high performing sound card and the difference will be night and day. Sound never sounded so good! Even without the performing sound card, the difference will be there. The high, mids and lows on this set are perfectly tuned. Most gaming headsets these days have either too much bass or too little but that is a problem I thankfully need not deal with anymore since turning to Sennheiser

The comfort of this headset cannot be emphasized enough. They have XXL head cuffs that fit perfectly over my ears (and I have big ears) and they are super light weight. They never get in the way and they allow you to concentrate on your game instead of constantly messing with your headset.

The build quality. What can I say? They are German. Go throw them out of your window in front of a bus and they would probably still work. They are not cheaply built at all and you can see and feel that. The design of them is superb.

The mic has got to be one of the best you can buy. Everyone will be able to hear you crystal clear and the great thing about the mic is you simply push it up vertically when not in use and it automatically mutes. Awesome!

I know they are expensive but you are not just paying for the name. You are paying for the best. Right now, this is one of the best gaming headsets you can buy. It has pretty much everything you could want in a headset. Great build quality, superb sound, comfort, unique design and a fantastic mic.

Remember, these are labeled as Pro headsets and I will give you a few reasons as to why. First off, the volume control will not mute the sound completely when at it's lowest. They have done this to accommodate for the lack of mic monitoring which I will discuss below. Remember, the idea of this headset is to immerse you in the game and keep outside noise from distracting you.

As I mentioned above, they do NOT have mic monitoring. This is a definite plus in my book. Mic monitoring causes horrible feedback looping that results in a constant background noise in your headset. It is very distracting while gaming and to get the best audio quality, this feature had to be done away with. If the game is too loud and you need to speak to your fellow comrades, turning the volume down to the lowest it will go will still provide you with the ability to know what is going on in the game but will also allow you to hear yourself while speaking. As soon as you are done you can turn it back up again.

Despite what Turtle Beach will have you believe, true pro gaming headsets do NOT have mic monitoring.

And that concludes my review. Do not let the price put you off. You get what you pay for and this headset does not disappoint. It is Sennheiser after all. Most if not all the games you play on had their sound reordered on a Sennheiser audio device. Just remember that.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

I’ll admit I’ve not had much previous experience with Sennheiser. Well, none really apart from when I was on holiday in Vegas. We had a helicopter tour over the Grand Canyon and the headsets we wore were made by Sennheiser. I could not tell you what model they were, but they were of a high quality and did an amazing job of blocking out the noise of the helicopter and allowing myself and the captain to talk to each other. So as you can imagine when I went to a computer trade show and saw that Sennheiser had a stand, I was keen to have a chat with them. They told me they were developing headsets for gamers, and it certainly looks like they have with their G4ME ZERO headsets. As soon as I opened the box I knew that these were premium headphones and should deliver the best in mic and audio quality.

What are Sennheiser all about? (from Sennheiser)

Discover true sound
For more than 65 years our name has stood for top-quality products, true sound and tailor-made solutions for every aspect of recording, transmission and reproduction of sound. We want people to not only hear all aspects of sound, but also to feel it, too. With German engineering, decades of experience in professional business, and innovative science, we stay true to the sound and set new standards for headphones, headsets, microphones, and integrated systems.

Being a fan of many online computer games, I am no stranger to headsets. My wife would go crazy if she had to listen to me and all of the related gaming noise. I have never really spent much money on headphones, normally going for un- branded, sub £20 headphones. I was under the impression that they all sound the same so why spend the money on expensive headphones. To spend even £100 let alone £199.99 on headphones was just something that I had never thought about. So when the G4ME headset arrived on my desk I was keen to try them out, and I haven’t thought twice about using any others since.

Firstly let’s take a look at the headset, what it features and what Sennheiser have to say about it.
“Gaming Headset for PC & Mac G4ME ZERO BLACK featuring Sennheiser’s “Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement” technology, the G4ME ZERO delivers the ultimate in sonic accuracy and clarity. The updated closed design provided by the custom-made painted steel ear cup grids lets you hear even the faintest detail of your game.”

Supreme Comfort
Introducing a new era for professional gaming headsets.
“With G4ME ZERO we have gone back to where we started and completely rethought the concept of comfort for gaming. Our aim was to design the most comfortable and best sounding closed professional headset on the market. We think we’ve done just that.”
So with all that in mind let’s have a look at the G4ME ZERO headset and see if it lives up to its name.

What do you get?
One of the first things that you notice with just the box in your hands is how premium it looks. The packaging is well constructed and contains the premium look to the graphics and design of it. On the back of the box you will find the specifications for the headphones and upon opening, you will see the headset tucked neatly away in its carry case.

• TAILORED EAR PADS- the first ever gaming headset to feature multiple layers of fitted ear padding.
• SENNHEISER TRANSDUCER TECHNOLOGY- extreme clarity and accurate, developed at our own labs.
• "ERGONOMIC ACOUSTIC REFINEMENT"- Sennheiser technology delivers ultimate sonic accuracy and clarity by channelling signals directly into your ears.
• XXL EAR PADS- Plenty of space around your ears for best fit and comfort.
• NOISE-CANCELING MICROPHONE- Professional-grade noise-cancelling microphone with intuitive mute function.
• CLOSED DESIGN- The closed design blocks out all outside noise allowing you to focus on your game.

• Headset and Microphone
• COLOR black (Article No. 506079)
• COLOR white (Article No. 506064)
• IMPEDANCE Headphones: 150 Ω
• WEIGHT 312 g
• PICK-UP PATTERN Microphone: Noise Cancelling
• SENSITIVITY Microphone: -38 dBV at 94 dBSPL

The Headset
With the headset out of the box and in your hands, the first thing you will notice is their light weight and feel. The headset feels really sturdy and looks like it would stand the test of time through many hours of gaming and playing music. One of the many features is its travel friendly design which allows you to fold the headset away for storing when not in use or for travel to LAN parties etc. The included hard case is a godsend and allows the headset to be safely stored when not in use. Connecting the G4ME ZERO to your computer is so simple with just a pair of 3.5mm connectors- one for the headphone and one for the microphone. Just plug them into your sound card and you are away. You can use the headset on other devices but you will need an adaptor that isn’t included.

The cable is made from a really high quality braided material and is around 3m in length. It is extremely flexible and I found that it did not get in the way. I would have to say that the headphones are the most comfortable headset that I have ever worn, lightly pressing against your head and covering your entire ear. I found that they stay securely in place with little movement at all. I was expecting the headset to feel heavier than it actually is and feel Sennheiser really have got the right balance here with the overall weight. The G4ME ZERO features a new ear pad design that they have developed for their professional pilot headphones. The ear pads are made with thick leatherette and triple layered memory foam. The case of the ear pads are thicker to ensure that the headset closes all around the ear. I found that this prevents the sound from escaping.

The controls on the headset are well placed with a volume control on the right ear cup- I feel that this works much better, rather than placing the control on the actual cable itself. The microphone features a convenient mute function as well where you just lift the boom in the air and you’re off air.

The microphone is a flip down boom located on the left ear-cup. Flipping it down activates the mic and vice versa turns it off. I tested the mic through Skype calls as well as game play, and even read some of The Hobbit book so I could hear for myself the amazing mic quality.

The sound is crystal clear and as mentioned before is totally out of this world. I will never again buy un-branded, cheap headphones. The headphones during game play really give you the edge, allowing you to hear all of that minute game detail and sound effects that I just cannot hear with my normal headphones. The sound was totally immersive but not overwhelming. Playing music was on a really different level and having tested the headphones with a great range of music, I was really impressed.
I think what really sets this headset apart is just how well it behaves when listening to movies and playing music. Maybe you would not necessarily spend so much money on this headset unless you were a gamer, but it does fit the bill for movies and music as well, and I definitely think it is worth the expense.

I have found reviewing this headset highly interesting. The G4ME ZERO headset is a fantastic gaming headset and with a price of £199.99, you would not expect anything less. Spending this type of money on a headset really buys you the very best that money can buy. I do feel that the price is little high, but you are also paying for the Sennheiser brand and design. I would like to see maybe a 3 year warranty on a pair of head phones that cost as much as £199.99. In terms of quality, I would recommend these to anyone and the extra expense is certainly worth the results.
on 26 October 2015
Been using this for two weeks now, this is so much better than everyone on the market, it provides great quality and balances with price, headsets that are around £400 or more are actually on par with this headset, the volume control is in a much better position than my old PC 350's making it much easier to change the volume and not worry about any kind of wire problems as its on the side of the headset.

The mic itself is great, perfect quality if not better than my old PC 350's and provides a fullness of voice rarely seen outside of high end headsets (studio headsets).
The on off switch is built directly into the microphone as well allowing for much easier control of turning off your mic when you need to. Simply move it up and it will automatically turn off, pull it down and it will turn back on. Brilliant.

Its extremely comfortable, admittedly it will feel a little bit tight on your head but frankly it wears in pretty quickly and its like you're not even wearing it, which is great I've never liked the idea of being wayed down or constricted by my own headset so this is a bonus.

The cable is quite strong, much stronger than earlier models and there are no volume controls or mic controls built on the wire so this provides much more strength to the cable itself. The only thing you need to make sure you don't do is twist the wire because it can become tangled easily due to the thickness of the wire itself but its easy to fix.

The headset is size adjustable as well so even if you have a big or small head its easy to tweak. They will feel quite big around your ears if you have small ones but overall big or small, thin or thick it will fit and even if it doesn't feel comfortable at first it will do after the first two days, the memory foam around the trim is particularly good so it wont forget the previous shape it took on your head unless you wear it in of course, meaning when you've found your comfort zone for it, you'll have it for a long long time :)

Also comes with a neat carry case allowing you to take it with you anywhere ^^

overall this is the best headset ive ever used. 5/5. Brilliant.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 16 April 2014
Colour Name: WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
They really look great and sound great but they don’t sound amazing which is what I actually expected. The mid and high frequencies were great but I felt that the bass was underwhelming.

However these are the some really comfortable gaming head phones, in fact the most comfortable I have ever worn. You can wear them for hours and hours without the usual aches. The external sound suppression is superb. It’s not true noise cancellation but even so these headphones far out perform my previous pair.

The way they fold makes transporting them very handy and they seem quite robust so little worries about breaking them.

The volume control does not cut the sound completely which is a little annoying as due to the sound suppression being so good you have to take them off to hear the outside world in the end.

The microphone is one of its best features in fact it is the best and clearest one I have used to date. Pushing it up mutes it, which is a cleaver feature. However you cannot remove it which is a shame because it would make them more versatile.

In conclusion are they worth the premium price tag (well, I think just about) but if you don’t care about the comfort of the fit or the microphone quality then there are cheaper alternatives. But if you want a very high quality mic and extreme comfort then these are well worth considering.
on 12 February 2015
I didnt really know about headsets untill a few weeks ago, i saw an advert about the new ASUS Strix 7.1 headset.

Just before Xmas I built my self a new Computer, ASUS Maximus 7 hero, i5 4690k, ASUS 780 DC II, 850 pro SSD, Creative Z sound card, Watercooling etc etc. I know about PC's, turns out Audio I am a Complete beginner.

So I have been using Turtle Beach p11 as xbox players always saying turtle beach best ever blah blah and why should I doubt them, they spend all the time living on those Console toys as most have no jobs and way to much time to play games....

I have since realised that turtle beach is like driving a Yugo compared with a BMW M5. I put headset on with my IPhone6 + (I Know that Iphone has to small Ohm rating to drive them properly, but I am at work and have no other audio source to hear the sweet sound)

"OMFG!!" was the words of my co worker who claims to be a audiophile..... I am still at work at present, but I when I get to hear BF4 later, and the 4 x hispano cannons on my Spitfire... well lets just say I picked up some Kleenex just incase!

whould give 10/10 scores but they ware worthless in my opinion

Feel.... not £200 worth, but that's not all the components. feels like a mixture of good with not so great. Cable is nice, mic looks like it comes from a sound studio. i whould say the cheapest feeling part is the actual cups and volume knob.

Sound... Cant give total opinion, but from what my iphone showed me.... Sounds like how I have never heard sound before, open /warm the sound feels like a big room correctly staged... I cant explain it better

Comfort... I can feel I have them on my head, but not overly. ears might get warm, but just air them once every 20mins should be good. very soft top and cups.

Conclusion........ £200 is expensive, but I like to pay good money for something and know that I am going to have a flawless product. because for me if I was to spend £100 on headset that are nearly as good, I would consider that a waste of £100, as I know I am not truly happy with them, and would rather spend the extra £100 knowing that I have the best which I wouldn't consider a waste.

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice.............. and with these I doubt ill need to buy again.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Colour Name: WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Sennheiser know how to pull out all the stops when they want to, and for the G4ME ZERO headset they pretty much have. The headset comes packaged in a very nice box, with a luxurious travel case included in case you like to keep things tidy if you travel to LAN events and so on. Because yes, this headset is marketed as being for 'pro gamers'.

The headset itself is well thought out and well constructed. The ear cups are large enough to fit right around the ears and form a seal against your skin which significantly reduces outside noise, but as a trade off will give you the same kind of experience of hearing your own voice that you get when talking under water. The most obvious result is that you will likely find yourself talking a bit louder than you might otherwise do. Perhaps surprisingly I found that the headset was perfectly fine to use when wearing glasses. The earcup seal still occurred but there wasn't any sense of squashing the glasses frame into the sides of my head. That's a very big plus point. A rotary volume control is located on the outside of the right earcup. The microphone is perfectly fine for the job, and can be adjusted for best placement easily enough. Pushing the mic boom into the upward position mutes the mic, which is a useful feature.

So far so good, but there are a couple of fine details that mark out this headset as above average. The cable is a non-tangle type having a feel a bit like a shoelace and has a velcro strap on it for keeping the cable length adjusted and tidy. Small touches like that show off the thought that has gone in and the attention to detail.

Sound wise, things are fine. It is a gaming headset and it has very obviously been set up to make voice comms clear. Game sounds come over fine as well, with no hyping of the bass end or any excess top end fizzyness. These are not that great for audiophile use though, which is to be expected considering the design and clearly stated intended application.

Some minor niggles. The blurb for the headset is a bit over the top for my tastes. Memory foam in the earcups? Who cares? Foam is foam. As long as they are comfortable I don't care what kind of foam is in them. The frequency response is listed as 10 - 26,000 Hz which is more or less meaningless. The small speakers in headphones are simply not capable of reproducing very low bass frequencies so listing a 'response' down to 10Hz makes me wonder exactly what they mean. Similarly for the top end, you aren't likely to be having much real life use for a supposed headphone 'response' up to 26kHz. But again, I don't much care about what they say about the audio specs, I care about what they are like to use, and in that regard they are perfectly fine and good.

The final thing to consider is how the headset stacks up against the competition. That's a problem. As lovely as this Sennheiser headset is, at the current price of roughly two hundred pounds I am not convinced that it is so lovely that it blows away cheaper models. You can get most of the features and completely acceptable audio and mic quality from a headset that costs as little as twenty pounds if you shop around. One of my regular gaming buddies has been recently using a Gamecom 380 headset for example, and the mic on them is good enough that his voice sounds very clear in game. He tells me that he finds the headset comfortable and the audio quality entirely acceptable for gaming too. So it would be a very good idea to try to test out a bunch of different makes and models if you are in any way price sensitive.

So overall there is much to like about the G4ME ZERO headset. They are well made and high quality. The presentation and style is there and there has obviously been a lot of thought and attention to detail gone in. But despite being very good in every department from comfort to audio quality the high price is a bit of a sticking point. At a more reasonable price point well below two hundred pounds I would not hesitate to give the G4ME ZERO headset five stars but as things stand now it's only the four stars.
on 25 July 2015
Great Headset, very happy with my decision to buy it. This headset is extremely comfortable, I thought people were just overreacting in reviews but they weren't, they're very lightweight and quite compact, the microphone quality is good, no horrible static in the background etc, no complaints about the mic, the sound is good, however not as good as my 7.1 headsets (corsair h2100 & logitech g930) this headsets bass is quite flat even after turning up the bass in the windows settings but in general the sound is GOOD, this headset feels professional and is built well, the rubber texture on the side of the cans to make gripping the headset easier is a great feature.

the packaging and carry case this headset comes with is top quality, overall I would recommend this headset!!

Fantastic product Sennheiser! 5/5
on 4 November 2015
This headset is great, and so it should be for the money! I used to use Sennhiesers HD 250's which cost me around 60 pounds. Those headphones are around the same audio quality as the game zeros they just didn't come with a mic so I used a seperate one. They blocked noise out better and were also more comfortable to wear (the Game zeros start to be noticed sitting on your head after around 3/4 hours, nothing a 10 minute break won't fix) The Game zeros make things easier and they have some cool features like the microphone gets muted when lifted up, my friends say the mic quality is good apart from sometimes it goes really quiet and does propell my voice loud enough despite being next to my face, this could be sound card issues or just a dodgy connection issues with my jacks, who knows! Only lasts a few seconds though! So all in all the headphones are great, the mic is good 99% of the time, the quality of audio is great as I can hear footsteps on the other side of the map on CSGO but for 170 pounds maybe they arnt worth it, all in all if you have the spare money and want a good headset without looking around too much I would recommend it but I'm sure there are better headphones for an even cheaper price!
on 19 December 2014
I think these are a fantastic buy. They do a great job of isolating you (You will not hear your wife/ partner / parent - which may be a good or bad thing depending on your point of view).

Sound quality is good, though maybe lacking a little mid range. The mic works very well, and i like the mute function (raise the boom).

There's an on-ear rotary volume dial, and it has a very long cable.

I also find them incredibly comfortable - they are very lightweight compared to other "high - end" gaming headsets, and although you get warm ears, I haven't found it uncomfortable.

If the mic boom was detachable I'd have given 5 stars
on 4 November 2015
This is the best headset I have ever used.

The noise cancelling is amazing, they're super comfortable and they sound amazing. The quality of the microphone is exceptional in-game and other programs.

One of the things I really love about this headset is the lead that comes with to connect to phones. I use this now as a headset for my phone and it is truly brilliant. I can hear them clearly, they can only hear my voice rather than a bunch of traffic. Whilst some people would say I look ridiculous wearing them and talking on the phone, I say you're an idiot. These look cool because they are cool and they sound even better