5.0 out of 5 stars Small but Mighty Impressive!
I was a little taken back when the speaker arrived as it is so small. Initial thoughts were that it couldn't possibly be any good... was I wrong!

Published 2 months ago by R. P. Cunningham

Published 8 months ago by Mikhy

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but Mighty Impressive!, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Portable Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker , Wireless Speaker for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, Mobile Phones, Tablets PC, Laptops, Ultrabook & more devices(with microphone) (Black) (Electronics)

Charging via the supplied USB cable did take longer than stated in the instructions but the light did eventually go out indicating a full charge. Pairing the speaker with a bluetooth device was very simple and takes a minute at most. There is a small sliding on/off button on one side at the bottom. Once turned on, the speaker immediately tells you that it is waiting for bluetooth connection. Simply find the speaker in the bluetooth settings on your phone or tablet, click connect and you're done.

The play/pause and volume controls are underneath the speaker and are easy to use. I pair mine to a Nexus 5 phone and use Spotify Premium to listen to my music. The sound quality from such a small compact speaker is ridiculously good, and surprisingly loud! I love it! I found that standing mine on top of the metal bread bin actually added a little more bass to the sound but don't worry, it sounds great wherever you put it.

I have had mine a few weeks now and it has only been charged once so the battery life so far is impressive. There is a built in FM tuner which works quite well but seems to have a preference for Radio 2. To access the tuner you press and hold the play button for a few seconds until the voice announces "tuner mode". You can scan for channels using the fwd/back buttons. Radio reception is good (considering there is no external aerial) once you find a sweet spot. I haven't used the MicroSD card slot but it's another useful function built into this little beauty. There is also a headphone socket which I assume allows you to use a pair of conventional headphones as bluetooth connected headphones but I haven't tried it.

I would definitely recommend this speaker (and already have to friends and family) if you're looking for a good quality, well priced bluetooth speaker to use with your phone or tablet.

4.0 out of 5 stars One Happy Bunny, 11 April 2014
Like others have said in their reviews the sound out of this tiny (tiny not tinny) speaker really is astounding, it can easily fill a decent size room on full volume and for the money it's an excellent buy.
The addition of a radio is great and reception is usually good considering there is no telescopic antenna like you would normally see on a standard radio.
My only gripes are that if you put a lot of albums in folders on the micro SD card there only seems to be an option to go forward and back by track not by folder so everything at the end of the card is probably too much hassle to ever play. If there is a way go to forward and back by folders and it's just not in the instruction sheet (which is pretty basic) please let me know.
Also when turning on for the first time everything comes on at full volume, if the micro SD is inserted it defaults to this activating first if not it looks for a bluetooth pairing first.
And finally I'm getting a half second audio lag from both my tablet and laptop when connecting via bluetooth, using the audio input lead it syncs perfectly.

I bought this to get better volume from my tablet as I like to watch TV when soaking in the tub and the standard speakers can be a strain to hear at times so it will do this fine, all the other features are a welcome bonus, this will also make a good radio I can listen to when outside working on my car.

For the price this is a great buy and I can't see many people being unhappy with it, especially the sound as it's excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a No-Brainer - get one now!, 23 July 2014
I don't normally write reviews as I expect things to do what is required of them. However with this item I feel that I have to comment........

Absolutely brilliant! Incredible clarity of sound from such a small bit of kit. The two-way functionality of this is massively useful - a microphone allows Bluetooth 'phone calls to be received whilst listening to music and the controls allow you to skip through tracks without your 'phone being near you.

So we have a powerful, clear sounding speaker that allows you to receive 'phone calls, remotely controls your music player, coupled with an FM radio, Mini SD card reader and headphone jack (converts your own headphones to Bluetooth ones in effect) all for fifteen quid!

Don't waste your time reading any further - click "Add to Basket" now - I promise that you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, great sound quality, 17 Sept. 2014
This is great value for money, the sound quality and volume exceeds my expectations and is clear with a decent balance of base tones - in fact an exceptionally good base response given the size of the speaker. The MP3 Micro SD card player works very well and you can step through tracks but with no display then of course it is best used to play a random collection of you favorite music so you don't need to know exactly where you are in a particular album or set of albums. Play time is good at around 8 hours and it recharges in a couple of hours - you can play music while charging. It also works well as a hands-free for my iPhone if I am in a car with no blue tooth hands-free installed. If you have a car with a radio that is not set up for hands free, then this is one way to get it without changing your radio and if you like playing downloaded voice programmes such as "In our Time ", The Afternoon Play, BBC Click, Crossing Continents etc and cant connect your smart phone to you radio - the sound quality and volume of this little speaker is perfectly adequate for spoken word programmes - not sure it would do Beethoven full justice in a car though as its not stereo !!

Overall a great little speaker with excellent sound quality and volume with the bonus of a built in MP3 player which can also provide you with hands-free calls on your mobile if you are in a car, workshop etc. Batter ife is very good and build quality is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound - loud - in a reasonable price, 5 Feb. 2014
I'm absolutely satisfied with the product and the seller.
This Bluetooth speaker has all features what necessary for travelling or make an instant party anywhere. Amazing loud and nice sound with such a long battery time.
In these times most of the phone manufacturers providing their phones with a standard USB - Micro B USB. It would be better to have an Micro B USB plug on the Bluetooth speaker to charge (connect). In this case you wouldn't have to take an extra cable with you.
I recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER THAN EXPECTED, 12 Mar. 2014
Phil (Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
When this little speaker arrived I thought Oh No, another waste of money. I shouldn't have been so hasty. It was quite simple to pair with my Tablet, and when Igot it going I couldnt believe how loud such a little gismo was. For its size its also very good quality sound. I recomend this item 100%. one last thing it does not look cheap and nasty, it looks quite robust and well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 3 Sept. 2014
Very loud and impressive! Can turn it up without distortion, fills my living room – 7.2m x 3.4m. Sound is mainly treble, so all you base junkies won’t be very happy, however you have to appreciate its size in comparison to output.

Works well with Samsung Galaxy s3 and s4 – pairing over Bluetooth with no problems.

Accepts 64gb Sandisk micro SD card and can play music off it.

Instructions are poorly documented, screams cheap far east import – but come on, its £15 – keep in mind bang for buck and you’ll be happy.

Although it supports a microphone, using it with your phone as a hands free device is not so good – callers get a loop back.

Overall, fantastic product. Cannot fault. Very happy.

3.0 out of 5 stars I was keen to replace it as it was amazingly good! I decided to go for this different brand ..., 21 Oct. 2014
I previously had a simular bluetooth speaker cube which unfortunately took a knock and distorted the sound quality. I was keen to replace it as it was amazingly good! I decided to go for this different brand but similar style due to the choice of colour and the fact that it also had a built in radio. When I received it I found the pairing with phone and computer straight forward and fast although it took a while for me to hear music paying from the computer even though all the other controls were working. Eventually it did but I was a little disappointed with the sound quality. I previously owned a "Magic Cube" which although did not have a radio or come in flash colours, it had a far superior sound quality. This is alright and does what I wanted it to do but I had hoped it would be better for greater use. OK if you only want to use it occasionally about the house or traveling etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 Feb. 2014
What A Fantastic Speaker So Powerful I Have Told All My Friends Will Be Having Another One Soon For The Car thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Feature, 27 Jun. 2014
Has anyone discovered another use for the speaker?...............Connect your favourite headphones to the speaker and it converts them to bluetooth wireless headphones.