Shop now Shop Now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 23 April 2015
I was a little taken back when the speaker arrived as it is so small. Initial thoughts were that it couldn't possibly be any good... was I wrong!

Charging via the supplied USB cable did take longer than stated in the instructions but the light did eventually go out indicating a full charge. Pairing the speaker with a bluetooth device was very simple and takes a minute at most. There is a small sliding on/off button on one side at the bottom. Once turned on, the speaker immediately tells you that it is waiting for bluetooth connection. Simply find the speaker in the bluetooth settings on your phone or tablet, click connect and you're done.

The play/pause and volume controls are underneath the speaker and are easy to use. I pair mine to a Nexus 5 phone and use Spotify Premium to listen to my music. The sound quality from such a small compact speaker is ridiculously good, and surprisingly loud! I love it! I found that standing mine on top of the metal bread bin actually added a little more bass to the sound but don't worry, it sounds great wherever you put it.

I have had mine a few weeks now and it has only been charged once so the battery life so far is impressive. There is a built in FM tuner which works quite well but seems to have a preference for Radio 2. To access the tuner you press and hold the play button for a few seconds until the voice announces "tuner mode". You can scan for channels using the fwd/back buttons. Radio reception is good (considering there is no external aerial) once you find a sweet spot. I haven't used the MicroSD card slot but it's another useful function built into this little beauty. There is also a headphone socket which I assume allows you to use a pair of conventional headphones as bluetooth connected headphones but I haven't tried it.

I would definitely recommend this speaker (and already have to friends and family) if you're looking for a good quality, well priced bluetooth speaker to use with your phone or tablet.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2014
Very loud and impressive! Can turn it up without distortion, fills my living room – 7.2m x 3.4m. Sound is mainly treble, so all you base junkies won’t be very happy, however you have to appreciate its size in comparison to output.

Works well with Samsung Galaxy s3 and s4 – pairing over Bluetooth with no problems.

Accepts 64gb Sandisk micro SD card and can play music off it.

Instructions are poorly documented, screams cheap far east import – but come on, its £15 – keep in mind bang for buck and you’ll be happy.

Although it supports a microphone, using it with your phone as a hands free device is not so good – callers get a loop back.

Overall, fantastic product. Cannot fault. Very happy.
on 11 April 2014
Like others have said in their reviews the sound out of this tiny (tiny not tinny) speaker really is astounding, it can easily fill a decent size room on full volume and for the money it's an excellent buy.
The addition of a radio is great and reception is usually good considering there is no telescopic antenna like you would normally see on a standard radio.
My only gripes are that if you put a lot of albums in folders on the micro SD card there only seems to be an option to go forward and back by track not by folder so everything at the end of the card is probably too much hassle to ever play. If there is a way go to forward and back by folders and it's just not in the instruction sheet (which is pretty basic) please let me know.
Also when turning on for the first time everything comes on at full volume, if the micro SD is inserted it defaults to this activating first if not it looks for a bluetooth pairing first.
And finally I'm getting a half second audio lag from both my tablet and laptop when connecting via bluetooth, using the audio input lead it syncs perfectly.

I bought this to get better volume from my tablet as I like to watch TV when soaking in the tub and the standard speakers can be a strain to hear at times so it will do this fine, all the other features are a welcome bonus, this will also make a good radio I can listen to when outside working on my car.

For the price this is a great buy and I can't see many people being unhappy with it, especially the sound as it's excellent.
on 17 September 2014
This is great value for money, the sound quality and volume exceeds my expectations and is clear with a decent balance of base tones - in fact an exceptionally good base response given the size of the speaker. The MP3 Micro SD card player works very well and you can step through tracks but with no display then of course it is best used to play a random collection of you favorite music so you don't need to know exactly where you are in a particular album or set of albums. Play time is good at around 8 hours and it recharges in a couple of hours - you can play music while charging. It also works well as a hands-free for my iPhone if I am in a car with no blue tooth hands-free installed. If you have a car with a radio that is not set up for hands free, then this is one way to get it without changing your radio and if you like playing downloaded voice programmes such as "In our Time ", The Afternoon Play, BBC Click, Crossing Continents etc and cant connect your smart phone to you radio - the sound quality and volume of this little speaker is perfectly adequate for spoken word programmes - not sure it would do Beethoven full justice in a car though as its not stereo !!

Overall a great little speaker with excellent sound quality and volume with the bonus of a built in MP3 player which can also provide you with hands-free calls on your mobile if you are in a car, workshop etc. Batter ife is very good and build quality is excellent.
on 16 May 2015
The sound quality for such a tiny box is truly amazing, both the quality and volume, and the Bluetooth range worked all through my hotel rooms and bathrooms - a great way to listen to the radio in the shower, or get quality sound from a laptop. The heavy Chinese accent of the lady takes some getting used to, but eventually you work out that there are only three messages and what each one means! I also found it invaluable when using my phone as a satnav, allowing me free access to the car audio for radio and CD playing. The FM radio is a bonus, but very hard to tune as there is no way of knowing what frequency it is tuned to. It was easier to use my smartphone as a radio and relay the sound across. There is no mains adapter, but as it recharges from any USB socket that does not seem to matter. I have not tried the microphone.
on 5 February 2014
What A Fantastic Speaker So Powerful I Have Told All My Friends Will Be Having Another One Soon For The Car thanks
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 November 2014
Our Stereo in our work van stopped working so i was looking for a temporary, cheap, portable music player and came across this on Amazon.
Firstly I ordered it on the Friday evening and to my complete surprise, arrived the following day.
I genuinely didn't expect much considering the price and so when it arrived i put it on charge and left it for a couple of hours before taking it out on the van.
My phone couldn't find it through bluetooth but my co workers phone did, but i noticed an sd slot so used that instead, the sound was incredible!! Very loud and clear. I expected it to be quite tinny sounding but it isn't.
I am really impressed with this product!! Would recommend to anyone.
on 11 March 2014
All good thing comes in small packages, this is certainly the best quote for this little number. Best thing I've bought
on 15 September 2015
I saw one in my sisters house and ordered it. Fantastic sound. Connects quickly to my phone's Bluetooth and streams music as expected. Better still I put ALL my music on a memory card and slotted it in. The device now acts as a stand alone music player. Even better it has an FM radio build in. Even better than better it charges from USB and lasts for ages. Plenty volume, plenty base, easy controls on the bottom, tiny size, beautiful design, great price, sturdy construction ...

I've not tried the microphone. I expect with the Bluetooth headset profile you can use this for a conference phone. Perhaps I should try that next.
on 5 February 2014
I'm absolutely satisfied with the product and the seller.
This Bluetooth speaker has all features what necessary for travelling or make an instant party anywhere. Amazing loud and nice sound with such a long battery time.
In these times most of the phone manufacturers providing their phones with a standard USB - Micro B USB. It would be better to have an Micro B USB plug on the Bluetooth speaker to charge (connect). In this case you wouldn't have to take an extra cable with you.
I recommend this product!