on 23 April 2015
I was a little taken back when the speaker arrived as it is so small. Initial thoughts were that it couldn't possibly be any good... was I wrong!

Charging via the supplied USB cable did take longer than stated in the instructions but the light did eventually go out indicating a full charge. Pairing the speaker with a bluetooth device was very simple and takes a minute at most. There is a small sliding on/off button on one side at the bottom. Once turned on, the speaker immediately tells you that it is waiting for bluetooth connection. Simply find the speaker in the bluetooth settings on your phone or tablet, click connect and you're done.

The play/pause and volume controls are underneath the speaker and are easy to use. I pair mine to a Nexus 5 phone and use Spotify Premium to listen to my music. The sound quality from such a small compact speaker is ridiculously good, and surprisingly loud! I love it! I found that standing mine on top of the metal bread bin actually added a little more bass to the sound but don't worry, it sounds great wherever you put it.

I have had mine a few weeks now and it has only been charged once so the battery life so far is impressive. There is a built in FM tuner which works quite well but seems to have a preference for Radio 2. To access the tuner you press and hold the play button for a few seconds until the voice announces "tuner mode". You can scan for channels using the fwd/back buttons. Radio reception is good (considering there is no external aerial) once you find a sweet spot. I haven't used the MicroSD card slot but it's another useful function built into this little beauty. There is also a headphone socket which I assume allows you to use a pair of conventional headphones as bluetooth connected headphones but I haven't tried it.

I would definitely recommend this speaker (and already have to friends and family) if you're looking for a good quality, well priced bluetooth speaker to use with your phone or tablet.
11 comment39 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 November 2014
Our Stereo in our work van stopped working so i was looking for a temporary, cheap, portable music player and came across this on Amazon.
Firstly I ordered it on the Friday evening and to my complete surprise, arrived the following day.
I genuinely didn't expect much considering the price and so when it arrived i put it on charge and left it for a couple of hours before taking it out on the van.
My phone couldn't find it through bluetooth but my co workers phone did, but i noticed an sd slot so used that instead, the sound was incredible!! Very loud and clear. I expected it to be quite tinny sounding but it isn't.
I am really impressed with this product!! Would recommend to anyone.
on 15 September 2015
I saw one in my sisters house and ordered it. Fantastic sound. Connects quickly to my phone's Bluetooth and streams music as expected. Better still I put ALL my music on a memory card and slotted it in. The device now acts as a stand alone music player. Even better it has an FM radio build in. Even better than better it charges from USB and lasts for ages. Plenty volume, plenty base, easy controls on the bottom, tiny size, beautiful design, great price, sturdy construction ...

I've not tried the microphone. I expect with the Bluetooth headset profile you can use this for a conference phone. Perhaps I should try that next.
on 11 April 2014
Like others have said in their reviews the sound out of this tiny (tiny not tinny) speaker really is astounding, it can easily fill a decent size room on full volume and for the money it's an excellent buy.
The addition of a radio is great and reception is usually good considering there is no telescopic antenna like you would normally see on a standard radio.
My only gripes are that if you put a lot of albums in folders on the micro SD card there only seems to be an option to go forward and back by track not by folder so everything at the end of the card is probably too much hassle to ever play. If there is a way go to forward and back by folders and it's just not in the instruction sheet (which is pretty basic) please let me know.
Also when turning on for the first time everything comes on at full volume, if the micro SD is inserted it defaults to this activating first if not it looks for a bluetooth pairing first.
And finally I'm getting a half second audio lag from both my tablet and laptop when connecting via bluetooth, using the audio input lead it syncs perfectly.

I bought this to get better volume from my tablet as I like to watch TV when soaking in the tub and the standard speakers can be a strain to hear at times so it will do this fine, all the other features are a welcome bonus, this will also make a good radio I can listen to when outside working on my car.

For the price this is a great buy and I can't see many people being unhappy with it, especially the sound as it's excellent.
0Comment41 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2014
All good thing comes in small packages, this is certainly the best quote for this little number. Best thing I've bought
on 5 February 2014
Very happy. Bought for my son and he loves it. Easy to use, great sound quality. Recommended! 5 stars all the way.
on 23 July 2014
I don't normally write reviews as I expect things to do what is required of them. However with this item I feel that I have to comment........

Absolutely brilliant! Incredible clarity of sound from such a small bit of kit. The two-way functionality of this is massively useful - a microphone allows Bluetooth 'phone calls to be received whilst listening to music and the controls allow you to skip through tracks without your 'phone being near you.

So we have a powerful, clear sounding speaker that allows you to receive 'phone calls, remotely controls your music player, coupled with an FM radio, Mini SD card reader and headphone jack (converts your own headphones to Bluetooth ones in effect) all for fifteen quid!

Don't waste your time reading any further - click "Add to Basket" now - I promise that you won't regret it!
11 comment43 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2014
I'm absolutely satisfied with the product and the seller.
This Bluetooth speaker has all features what necessary for travelling or make an instant party anywhere. Amazing loud and nice sound with such a long battery time.
In these times most of the phone manufacturers providing their phones with a standard USB - Micro B USB. It would be better to have an Micro B USB plug on the Bluetooth speaker to charge (connect). In this case you wouldn't have to take an extra cable with you.
I recommend this product!
on 12 March 2014
When this little speaker arrived I thought Oh No, another waste of money. I shouldn't have been so hasty. It was quite simple to pair with my Tablet, and when Igot it going I couldnt believe how loud such a little gismo was. For its size its also very good quality sound. I recomend this item 100%. one last thing it does not look cheap and nasty, it looks quite robust and well made.
on 26 February 2014
This unit is the best value for money yet. I have bought five of these Bluetooth units recently (four as presents) but this one beats the rest.

Ordered late Sunday it was waiting for me when I got home on Monday. Speedy.

I bought this one for its SD card capability which works a treat as does the Bluetooth and line in but I got a surprise tonight.
Messing around with its settings I discovered it has an Auto tune FM radio built in that sounds great too.

All-in-one unit. Highly recommend it.