Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 16 April 2014
With Fantasy books I often take a chance on Authors and books I've never heard of. As a result I'm often disappointed with what I download, so it's always nice and worthy of review when I stumble across something worth reading.

The book starts of in Edinburgh, where Anthony the main character in the book is starting back university, he quickly discovers that his ability to see sound as colour is actually more than a medical condition, it lets him manipulate the world around him. He finally reaches the world of Alloria, a setting almost as trippy as that created by Lewis Carroll in "Through the looking glass".

The best thing in this book is the cast of creative creatures, no more Witches, Warlocks, Orcs and Ogres, the depth and breadth of the world in this book is gripping. I'm looking forward to the next book as much for the plot as for the expansion of the insane world of Alloria and the evolution of the bizarre, and at times, quite unsettling creatures coming out of their creators mind.

All in all a great book and a promising start to a good series, can't wait for the next one.
on 27 November 2013
A beautifully written book with colourful characters and a gripping storyline. Hooked from the start. Can't wait to read the next installment.
on 27 November 2013
You won't regret buying this book. It's an incredible story that grips you from the start and will stick on your mind for days after reading. I was hooked from the beginning. Look out for King Julian, he's hilarious, plenty of giggles from him! A truly fabulous read, you wouldn't think that this is a debut novel!
on 27 November 2013
Brilliant book! Hard to believe it is a debut novel! Funny, gripping and very moreish; almost impossible to stop reading once you have started. Can't wait for the next one Ry!
on 12 December 2013
This is a wonderful story with very believable characters. Have to admit, King Julian was my favourite! I'm not normally a very quick reader either but I finished this in less than a week, it's a story you can't put down. It's definitely something new and different as well, unlike a lot of what's currently out in the young adult/teen market. Cannot wait for the next one!
on 31 December 2013
This book is well written and gripped me from the moment I started reading. The story is so intense and keeps you guessing through out! For q first time novelist, it was outstanding work. I really enjoyed reading it, and am dreading the wait until the next book is released. It is a book that will draw you in and keep you wanting more.
on 23 July 2014
This a great book and I could not stop reading it even though I didn't want it to end. It's really easy to read and I was hooked as soon as I started reading. The characters are all unique and interesting and I can't wait for book 2.
I would definitely recommend this book for anyone who loves fantasy.
on 14 January 2014
Great book and easy to read, finished this book in about 2 days and I'm not a quick reader. I was sucked in from the beginning and couldn't put it down, will definitely be recommending it to my friends both in the UK and overseas!! Can't wait for the next book to be released!!
on 1 December 2013
Really clever story using some fab characters. Would appeal to the teenage reader and those who enjoy stepping out of reality for a bit. I like the easy style of the authors' writing. Great first book and looking forward to the next one.
on 24 April 2014
It's very imaginative and exciting, still reading my way through it but the imagery is really good! A great fantasy ride!