on 5 April 2014
This is a cute AM/FM radio that is water resistant. You can use it in the shower, outdoors, camping to listen to the news, weather or music. The antenna for the radio is ingeniously inside of the carrying strap. The unit operates on two AA batteries and I used rechargeable eneloop batteries in mine. The radio's reception was good and the sound quality was fair. It is a simple and easy to use radio and it reminded me of my childhood days when we all had a transistor radio we used. I like that this one is water resistant. Just remember that it is rated to IPx4 which means splash proof and not submersible. That means they spray it with 10 liters of water per minute for 5 minutes.

The controls are simple and old fashioned just like the old radios I used to own. You twist the knob and tune the station. The center dial is the on/off switch and the volume switch. It is my only issue in that it has a small dip in a smooth plastic dial and my slick skin made it hard to turn. If it was wet it would have been worse to control the volume. The tuning for me was a little better because of the extended knob coming out of the dial.

I liked the size of the radio and it makes a nice portable radio for going camping, hiking or any outdoor purpose. It is always nice to have a radio around for emergencies and bad weather. I liked this radio and I thought it was priced properly. I rated it as a 5 star item.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
on 2 April 2014
There are no bells and whistles on the Ivation AM/FM splashproof radio, but it's a good basic radio that's ideal for damp conditions as well as in the shower. For the shower, I hung it over the handheld showerhead support and played the radio while I took my usual ten-minute shower. It was protected from direct spray, but it got soaking wet from the splashing. The water didn't appear to affect it. Afterwards, I shook the water off the radio and wiped it dry with a towel, and left it hanging in the shower.

This is a very basic radio. It has analog tuning, no presets, no clock or alarm functions, and no weather radio - just AM/FM. But it brought in AM and FM stations very well, with more than enough volume to be heard over the shower noise, and pretty good clarity for voice and music, especially with FM stations. In our area, there are dozens of radio stations, with a number of them coming through very well even at night. I did try picking up a few of the weaker signals, and the radio did a decent job of separating them from the more powerful stations, although there was some bleeding over in a few cases. But overall, I was very pleased with the radio's reception. My only suggestion for improving the radio concerns the controls. The tuning is by a plastic ring with a knob on it. Inside the tuning ring is a circular disk that controls on/off and volume. The disk has a small dimple where you place your fingertip to rotate the disk. With wet hands, it would be easier to rotate if there was a raised knob instead of the dimple. But it's not a big deal, since the disk is easy enough to turn.

It's not a big radio. At 3½"x3½"x1½" and weighing about 7 ounces, it would be convenient to carry while hiking or camping or any outdoor activity, and rain or humid conditions shouldn't bother it.

The bottom line: The Ivation splashproof radio is a good choice for any kind of outdoor activities, especially when rain is in the forecast. It's also a nice radio for home when you need an inexpensive, basic radio. And of course, there's the shower.

A product sample was provided by the manufacturer for review purposes.
on 11 July 2014
Although this radio looks and sounds good, The problem I have is switching it on and the volume, which is all in one, as it is turned on it always puts the tuned in station out of sync, it is just a nuisance having to tune it in every time I use it. This may not sound like a big deal but it is an irritation.
on 26 May 2014
I watched the video accompanying the advert as a guide to the products quality. Overall it has a good tone and sound quality.
on 15 August 2014
Very pleased with this - having previously bought a cute but useless shower radio (for half the price, but I did get a refund)!

The design of the aerial/strap is very clever, as long as it doesn't get damaged (or let water in through the entry holes on top). The sound quality is excellent for the size of the speaker and the volume is sufficient to clearly hear speech radio over the sound of my power-shower (although our pump is in the attic above).
Mine luckily does NOT suffer from the report of one user that use of the on/volume control moves the tuning dial - which would be very annoying as I only listen to Radio 4! Tuning is quite easy though - not too sensitive. Of course AM means Medium Wave - no chance of Long Wave reception for Test Match Special!
Too soon to report on battery usage.
on 19 June 2014
I didn't want this to dangle form the shower so cut the cord - stupidly as it's the aerial!! However luckily it still works. I used a detachable waterproof Velcro to stick it to the wall and it looks very neat. Very good quality sound as the speaker is at the back and it bounce off the wall.
on 23 June 2014
I am so happy with this radio, ideal for taking on holidays or picnics.
The sound and quality is perfect for my use.
on 31 July 2014
always have a problem with reception in this area but this little radio exceeded expectations. Great value for money.
on 17 September 2014
You have to spend too much time tuning it back in. It seems to drift off if someone breathes heavily
on 3 July 2014
My daughter finds this rubbish She tells me Its awful and as I bought it for her what Else can I say

See one answered question