on 4 February 2014
My particular requirement was to print dvd's and this printer does that really well. My previous Pixma loaded paper from the top and I quite liked that wheras this one loads it from the bottom which is a bit of a faff. However I can see that this enabales it to fit on a smaller shelf which would suit a lot of people. I makes a lot of noise setting up and printing but is reasonably quick and produces good quality prints.
on 2 February 2014
This inkjet printer is cheap, straightforward to use, and prints documents and photos well enough for all my needs.
I bought it to replace a PIXMA IP4300. That had given me several years of good printing and trouble free service.
on 5 March 2014
This printer gives excellent results for both photo and standard document prints. It is easy to set up and worked wirelessly first time.
on 17 March 2014
The printer arrived promptly, was easy to set up and install on my WIFI network. It has all the features I want and does the job of printing stuff really well.
on 11 July 2014
Bought this literally to print CDs, and it's really good at it.

It took me a while to figure out how to print CDs... thankfully a video on YouTube solved everything for me.

Just search "Canon: How To Print Directly onto a CD/DVD from my PC" on YouTube. It's made by the channel "CanonUSA"

Hope this helps someone.
on 24 March 2014
Easy to set up. Quality printing of both photos and documents (using Canon inks - expensive but worth it.) Wireless facility worked first time. Good looking machine............what's not to like? Not quite 5* due to flimsy paper support and small capacity paper drawers but I would recommend this printer to anyone.
on 6 April 2014
Well it seem that no one wants an old style desktop printer any more.
So now you can have this neat piece of kit for small change. It's the real deal with all the extras and the print quality is top draw.
So if you want something the size of the old betamax video recorder this is the one for you.
on 19 April 2014
I would recommend this printer, easy to set up and very good in printing letters not tried to print photograph but confident it will be good. Also the ink cartridges are not expensive
on 12 December 2015
Have had this now for a couple of years + and it's fabulous. Unlike my old Canon printer, this one happily works with compatible inks without any clogging or continually having to clean the heads. The direct-to-disc CD/DVD printer function is excellent. Not too happy with the Print Garden software which comes with this machine, a bit clunky and not very intuitive. I ended up using my old Canon printer's software with this so the UI would be better and it all worked with the right driver update. Print quality is excellent and photos are stunning.
on 12 January 2014
Good printer hi res I use it for work with my iPad. Using the iPad print function did not work
Found it works well if you download the Cannon iP7250 app which also give you different sizes etc