on 3 February 2014
This series has been by FAR the best set of books I have read in a long time, and I'm not ashamed to say that I sat down and read all 8 of them over a 24 hour period. The only drawback I have is they aren't long enough..lol. I reached the end and wanted more, but I'm so glad there are more books that continue the saga. Glen Johnson has become my new favourite author, and I can't wait to read more of his books.
I can honestly see this doomsday type scenario happening, and I won't spoil the storyline, but I will say this: BUY this set of books, and you won't be sorry!!
on 28 November 2013
(i am going to do my best to avoid putting any spoilers in here.) What can i really say about the sixth extinction series other than simply brilliant!! Mr. Johnson takes us on a ride that will have you on the edge of your seat the whole time and make you not want to put the book down. In the main 4 books he takes us through a world wrecked by a pandemic that threatens to end the human race forever. we get to see the main characters struggle and fight to survive. then in "The first three weeks" stories we get to take a look at the lead up to the main story and get to know the main characters even more than we did. If you are anything like me you will not be able to put this book down till you are done!Then you will be look for more that Mr. Johnson wrote!

The books are fast paced, well written, thought out, and full of some of the best twists and turns that you will never see coming (i am not often surprised by twists and turns in a book but Mr. Johnson did a great job and i didn't see most of em coming)

I highly recommend The sixth extinction series to any reader, especially anyone that likes apocalyptic tales and the like but i think these books would appeal to most any reader they are that well written. I can honestly say after reading these books Mr. Johnson has made it into the top of my favorite authors list.
on 31 January 2014
Highly recommend Glen's books.
Love this series a lot, really couldn't put them down.
I said the same in another review that it's so nice to read a book based in England and not Gun obsessed America!
on 14 October 2014
We look at life in a zombie infested United Kingdom, this is set in Newton Abbot and centres around 3 main people, Noah, Red and the Doctor Melanie.
Noah lives above a fish and chip shop and works at Asda, a normal everyday person. Red has had to leave University due to the death of her mother, she is the only bread earner in the family, here step-father just drinks himself to death each day, and her sister is at school. One day whilst at work her step-dad rapes and kills her sister. Red kills the step-dad and runs away.
Doctor Melanie, a clever person who is trying to find a cure for the virus that is starting to sweep the country.
This is the start of the series, buy it and read on to find out how they all get on in this zombie infested kingdom.
on 23 March 2014
If you enjoy zombie-style apocalyptical stories, this is well worth reading.
Good characters; fast paced adventure. really enjoyed reading this series.
on 5 December 2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and hope there is more to follow. It is a real page turner from start to finish and doesn't disappoint. Well written and the plot twists and turns and takes you to places you didn't expect.
After reading the first three parts and waiting for the next instalment ,I sought out some of the authors other books which are also highly recommended.
Don't hesitate, read this and you will be looking for more!!
Good to see all the books in one volume and at an incredibly low price.
Glen Johnson, I thank you.
on 31 January 2014
An apocalyptic tale with world coming to an end in a gruesome way.

I liked the back stories, which show how the main characters got to start of the main story.
on 30 October 2014
Read this book before the Sixth Extinction as it develops the characters from the beginning of the outbreak. Glen Johnson writes a really good story and keeps you hooked all the way through. Enjoyed the books even though I should of read them first.
on 4 June 2014
I read a lot of Zombie fiction Novels and these certainly dont dissapoint, story line is great and it's interesting to hear how the ZA started for all of the main characters,- loads of reading for the price too!
on 27 May 2014
This is my first set of zombie books....now I'm hooked ...hurry up and write the last one....please.... leaves you wanting to know.. Well what's next!