5.0 out of 5 stars not only for your adult children
Published on 17 May 2010 by eleftheria

2.0 out of 5 stars book of prayers or biography?
Prayers are all scripture based but far too much personal experience stuff about 'me and mine' I wanted a book of prayers not a biography
Published 11 months ago by Mrs. M. Leach

5.0 out of 5 stars not only for your adult children, 17 May 2010
eleftheria "Althea" (Tsotili, Greece) - See all my reviews
This is a wonderful book which gives parents an organized method of covering every area of their children's lives in prayer. I found the prayers and insights useful for my own life as well, especially the chapter on discerning. I wish my parents had read a book like this and prayed these prayers for my life. I find the author very knowledgeable in biblical truths , and she backs up her points with scripture. The book has depth and can prepare an adult child to enter the world with its temptations, struggles, and pitfalls spiritually prepared.

4.0 out of 5 stars A valuable addition to books about prayer, 17 Mar 2010
Stormie Omartian deals with topics that are important to Christian parents whatever age their children are. She shares her own experiences and is loyal to the teaching of the Bible. Reading this book is encouraging and it opens many new perspectives.

5.0 out of 5 stars There is no one so poor as someone who is not held up in prayer, 23 Mar 2011
The best thing you can do for your adult children is start by supporting them in prayer every day using the Biblical scriptures. The Word of God is powerful because it is the Word of the living God - Stormie's prayers are rooted in firmly in scripture. You will see God at work in the lives of your children and in your own life in a new way and through your prayer God will help you to see what else you can do. Imagine a world where every parent prayed purposefully, scripturally and daily for their children.
Susannah Wesley was just one woman who knew the importance of this.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL BOOK, 30 Oct 2013
I'm not religious but I believe in sending out positive thoughts to the universe because I know what we think, we create. My problem is I'm a worrier, so those 'worry thoughts' are what, unconsciously, go out from me and of course they bring back trouble. So putting my positive thoughts and desires for myself and others into words is difficult for me- but this book solves that beautifully. As I read through it I found myself not only reading, but FEELING the emotion of Stormie's words, which is very important in the great scheme of things. Then I stopped just reading and feeling, and then I began to read the prayers for my adult children out loud and with heartfelt emotion. There was NOTHING at all in this book that I did not wish for my adult children and their children and in fact, anyone else's children. Her words are truly what any loving parent would wish for their child. Thank you Stormie.

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 27 July 2013
Not all our children grow into loyal and loving young people, no matter what or how you have tried to teach them. At times when they cause heartbreak to those who love them, especially the parents, this book is excellent. The prayers inside can be chosen just by scrolling (or turning pages) until you come across a prayer that touches the very place you are at, at the time. Not only will you find yourself praying for your adult child (who you name in your personal prayer) but at times the words are relevant to yourself and other memebers of the family too. An ideal book at times when your own words of prayer won't come

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 28 Oct 2009
Amber (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
Bought for a friend who has a son in his twenties. A much loved author and an update on her praying for children books.Friend loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Help with Prayer!, 9 Jun 2013
P. Smith (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
An excellent book small enough to slip in a bag and always have with you. A great help when you aren't able to work out the best way to pray for loved ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Power of Praying® for Your Adult Children (Kindle Edition)
well written book, author very knowledgable and helpful, gives confidence in advising how/what to pray and I would definately reccommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 Oct 2011
Great book, bought it for someone else. Came quickly and great service. The person liked it very much, still reading it I think. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The power of praying for your adult children, 15 Feb 2014
The power of praying for your adult children book of prayers is an excellent book, any book by Stormie Omaritian is always good. Thank you Stormie