Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£21.98+ £1.26 shipping

on 29 March 2014
I have always liked the OHIO PLAYERS, & have bought a lot of their albums since I got into R&B in the seventies. They were a curious sounding 'Soul super group', quite distinct with their laid back jazzy, loose fitting groove, with distinct vocal harmonies. Often critisized in the music press at the time. After their purple patch SKIN TIGHT, FIRE, GOLD etc. along came ANGEL (an album, I liked) circa1977.However, the press were not keen, & they seemed to fall out of favour.
This album hails from 1979 & I did not pick it up at the time, but I can really enjoy this now. 'Take da funk off, Fly'. & 'Everybody up', are killers.
In view of the drivel around today, you have to really appreciate how good these Guys were.
It really takes me back, now where did I leave that pint of Harp?
on 7 June 2014
A great album from one of the best 70's bands around. I've had this on LP for years and been unable to get the CD until now. (Amazon was showing unavailable until recently). Can't stop playing it. The title track and Don't Say Goodbye are highlights for me.
on 14 October 2014