5.0 out of 5 stars Acer does it again
I always buy Acer when I buy a laptop and I am pleased with it yet again. I was a bit dubious when I first tried out Windows 8 as I had heard it was not as good as 7 but I find it fine .The laptop is all I expected and more. For the price I paid, I would recommend it to all.
Published 8 months ago by david

failed after just a few months - blank screen also required continuous discharge of battery -impossible to remove battery - small hole requiring special tool to remove. overall poor performance and irritation of no lock light on caps key. still using my old toshiba which is much mopre reliable and easier to use.
Published 2 months ago by Jane B.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer does it again, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Acer Aspire E1-530 15.6-inch Laptop (Iron) - (Intel Pentium 1.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1) (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars It was easy to set up as was the wifi, 3 Aug 2014
John I. Hill (Darlington, England) - See all my reviews
This machine is just what I wanted. I don't do a lot of work on a computer, I wanted to store my photos and access the internet quicker than my ageing desk top. I was a bit nervous of windows 8.1, being used to XP for many years, but I soon got used to it for what I want. It was easy to set up as was the wifi. The back lighting on the screen is really good, it puts a bit more life into my pictures. The keyboard has a nice feel to it, though the touch pad is very sensitive. I've learned to keep my fingers away after I have chosen the function I want. I'm chuft with my purchase, and recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire E1-530 15.6 inch Laptop (Iron), 14 May 2014
H. Wilson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I ordered this Acer Laptop to replace my previously reliable HP desktop PC, which after 6+years of constant use, decided to go wonky and depart to wherever computers go when they expire. My Acer arrived promptly, securely packaged and I found it surprisingly straightforward to set up, being as I am in my 70s and only moderately computer literate. Unfortunately at times like this, my exceedingly computer literate 2 sons and 7 grandkids all live well away from Perth, so unless I get remote help from them over the phone, they are unavailable to help me with immediate "hands-on" assistance.

Anyway, my new laptop is working well (touches wood) and apart from my finding Windows 8.1 a bit fiddly and getting used to the touch pad instead of a mouse (I keep losing the damned cursor, when it decides to hide in various corners of the screen!) it is a great improvement on my old HP PC. I recommend this Amazon seller to all prospective customers, and the Acer Laptop too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 22 May 2014
Aside from coming with WIndows 8.1 this laptop is okay. I wish it had come with a choice between Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 but after tweaking it and purchasing Start8 I have my old windows look back. Sucks I can't run Google Desktop on it but that is Windows fault not Acers. The laptop is not very fast but does play 1080 HD video. The HDMI output looks a little washed out compared to the last Acer I ran before this.

4.0 out of 5 stars my Acer aspire, 21 Mar 2014
I found it a bit hard at first but I am really enjoying it now very good value my second computer from Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars overall poor performance and irritation of no lock light on caps ..., 11 Sep 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Things have certainly moved on...................., 5 April 2014
I got my first laptop in 2005, a Fujitsu Siemens, for around £600. I used to switch it on in the morning to log on when broadband was in its infancy, and I was lucky if I was online by lunchtime. I've since switched to a Macbook Pro.

However, got this Acer for my stepdaughter last Christmas and really, technology for entry level laptops has leapt so much that I was quite surprised. My experience of the computer is based on setting it up from start to finish, visiting a few sites and setting parental controls.

Setting up WiFi was a doddle. Switching on takes a matter of seconds and logging on, under 30 seconds. The screen isn't the brightest I've seen though you can tweak this, but as yet I have not seen a control for contrast. Tilt it at a certain angle, though, and the view is more than adequate. There is no indicator light for Cap Lock, but there are power options to prolong battery life which is good anyway.

Navigation of functions and sites is snappy considering it is classed as a budget laptop and is certainly a whole lot better than my first experience of a laptop which really wasn't fit for purpose. It has a full keypad, including numeric keys. On balance, it is not as heavy as some. It has 4 usb slots and it's nice to see that it loads DVD discs, bucking the trend of some latest machines. All-in-all, a basic but functional computer ideal for everyday tasks.

Taking into account the functionality of this machine at such a low price, it's a basic, few-frills laptop which does the job, and as such is lovely. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Laptop, 5 April 2014
This is a great laptop, had no problems and has everything I need on it, would definitely recommend buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Laptop Manufacturer, 19 July 2014
I was recommended to buy an Acer Laptop by some friends & I've never looked back. It's a fast powerful & reliable Laptop that does everything i need for both home & business.

High recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very simple to fell in love, 28 Feb 2014
Works great is fast enough for everyday use, and we can get it to do all the basic fun stuff.
I strongly recommend it because, the price is very attractive for the powerful machine you get at home.
No, it's not ultra-fast... that's not what I'm saying, but to get for 1/4 of the price 1/2 the performance from ultra-fast to faster is a quite smart decision in our days.
Has a resistant look & feel, and is also great for my wife and kids.
Buy it and don't spoiled it too much ;-)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›