5.0 out of 5 stars Conde Nast
I am well-traveled, but I haven't been on the road much in recent years. To satisfy my cravings for the other side of the Atlantic, I subscribe to Conde Nast Traveler magazine and I read Susanne O'Leary's novels. Each of them take me to another place, or rather, many places. Hot Gossip is no exception.

O'Leary paints a landscape with every chapter then glosses...
Published 17 months ago by Doug Carlyle

2.0 out of 5 stars A promising read that went a bit flat
The characters sounded interesting and there was tension building at the beginning of the story but it was soon lost in an easy-going and predictable romance. A good holiday read though.
Published 1 month ago by Sassylassy

5.0 out of 5 stars Conde Nast, 15 Feb. 2014
Doug Carlyle (Utopia-Tarpley) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Gossip ( An Irish romance) (The Kerry Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

O'Leary paints a landscape with every chapter then glosses it with colorful characters and a plot that pulls you in. This is a novel you have to finish in order to see experience its value. As with many of her novels, she writes with a duality of time and setting. This adds a touch of mystery along with multi-faceted romance. Tastefully steamy in places. I highly recommend this author and I look forward to her next novel!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story, 27 Nov. 2013
Janine has changed her name and moved to a remote Kerry village, leaving her past life of glamour in France behind. She tries to keep aloof, but is slowly drawn in to local life, even as she tries to reach closure with her past.
She becomes friendly with a young girl who reminds her of herself, then finds herself getting involved with Mick, the girl's father, who has a dark past of his own.
The tale weaves her past life with her present as she tries to come to terms with a new life. But things become complicated, especially as the past begins to catch up with her. A great story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Gossip, 1 Dec. 2013
I had the privilege of being asked to read Hot Gossip as an arc and I am truly delighted that I did. I have read a number of Susanne O'Leary's books and I always come away from them happy and with a warm glow inside.

Hot Gossip is a beautifully written, easy to read, feel good female fiction novel. The story and characters are complex enough to seem realistic yet the narration is delightfully straightforward allowing you to enjoy this novel in a few sittings.

Hot Gossip is the second part of a collection of stories in which Hot Property is the first. Each book is stand alone however set around the same village and mostly the same characters. I find this a refreshing take on a series and allows the reader to engage with a different character and to see the same locations and characters from different perspectives and in different situations, giving the reader a multifaceted image of the village and its residents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Gossip, 30 Nov. 2013
I was gifted this book for a fair and honest review. This is the second book in this series and for me I enjoyed it so much more. It has a great balance of both the romance and intrigue. Janine has moved to the Irish countryside to start a new life, the is quite a bit of intrigue in Janine's old life the way this author has described some of the scenes made me feel as if I was right there. Like I said earlier this is the second book but can be read as a stand alone and one would not feel as if they are missing half the story. I was able to dive right into this book and I just love when I can do that, if you are just looking to escape from your life for a bit then pick this book up you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars This author never ceases to bring me great pleasure in my reading, 26 Nov. 2013
read-along-with-sue "sue" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is Susanne O`learys latest book which I've had the greatest of pleasure in reading as an ARC.
Isn't the cover great!
I love this author as she's taken a different chance on this story, more intense and romantically raw in my opinion with things to hide that come out later as you read further on into the pages.

I liked this one as much as I loved her previous book Hot Property. This isn't a carry on from that, its a stand alone book in its own right.
Its taken me today to sit down and read this lovely enjoyable read.
Susanne never disappoints her readers, yet another thumbs up from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Gossip by Susanne O'Leary, 20 May 2015
jofromoz (Victoria, Australia) - See all my reviews
A fast moving and enthralling story from cover to cover. The characters are very credible and real. The story is interesting and not the usual romantic type. The back story is interesting, exciting and keeps the reader wanting more. I can't wait to read the next in this trio sent in beautiful Kerry.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved this, 11 Jan. 2014
this was a great read wish I had read Hot Property first though both books are really good could not put them down lots of good charactors in them will watch out for next book by SusanneO leary

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot Gossip, 23 Dec. 2013
Early on it is clear that Janine, the heroine in Hot Gossip, has a dark past she's trying to escape and is doing this by living a hermit's existence in rural Ireland. As her past dribbles out the main story conflict comes into sharper focus as the reader starts to ask a few questions. Will she be able to avoid her ex-husband and his minions (putting that failed relationship behind her isn't as easy as she'd like)? What happened to Jake, who Janine had fallen in love with before his death, and will she be able to move past her memory of her almost-too-good-to-believe memories of their romance to find love again? And if she does, will it be with Mick, the handsome single father with a dark past of his own, or Brian, the friend who would obviously be interested in more?

All of these questions and working toward the answers combine into a solid story. However, it is another storyline, Janine's relationship with Mick's daughter, Nelia, that I found the most interesting and, in many ways, their interactions drove the rest of the story.

**Originally written for "Books and Pals" book blog. May have received a free review copy. **

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantically tense, 9 Dec. 2013
I had this book gifted to me in promise of a review ... I was looking forward to reading this one after I read hot property , this is the second book but can also be read as a stand alone ....
The characters in the book were really fitting to the story , Janine hasn't had the best of lives and I felt really sorry for her and when Nelia came into the story very early on you could tell they were going to have a good relationship. As the story goes through her life you learn about the men .. Jake I really thought he was going to be the one that came back for her , then mick came along and it was anybody's guess ... Her ex husband what a horrible man!!! ... The story kept me reading till the last page with many tense and thrilling parts .. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone ... The ending!!!! Well you'll just have to read it yourself

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Story Set in Ireland, 9 Dec. 2013
I really enjoyed reading "Hot Gossip" by Susanne O'Leary. This is the second book I read by this author. This book is a follow up to "Hot Property" but can be read as a stand alone book.

The story takes place in a remote village on the Atlantic coast of Ireland. The story is about Janine Marchand who left her native France to start over in a new place. She mets Mick O'Shea who is handsome and she knows she shouldn't get involved with him if she wants to keep her past a secret. Janine is afraid that once people know about her past people will judge her. Will Janine be able to keep her past a secret? Will someone in the village alert the press? Will her true identity be revealed?

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. I look forward to reading more books written by this author. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a quick and easy read. The book was well written, held my interest, and the cover was what made me want to read the book.