5.0 out of 5 stars This Mob Rules Heaven & Hell, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Triumph and Power [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I am nearly 57, not adorned in leather, not covered in badges, pins and patches and I have no earrings or tattoos. So why have I become a slave to this album?

It has spine-tingling, anthemic choruses, awesome melody and total power over my volume control
....I see rampaging hordes of Vikings pillaging across my room
....I feel the cold breath of Ronnie James Dio on the back of my neck

Hell, in the words of a review elsewhere - this album is so metal I had grown a beard by the time it was finished...and so had my neighbours.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a TRIUMPH., 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Triumph and Power (Audio CD)
Folks - If I where you I would get the CD...!!!!

Why...?

Because it is Classic Rock at it's best, but don't take my word for it buy it and listen to the album. The time just flies by, but believe me when I say you will want to play it again, and again, and again...

Well done lads, a cracker of an album.

The packaging is great as well, great cover art, great lyrics and great production.

Grand Magus have achieved for me the album of the 2014 so far...

Alex

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic sound, 4 May 2014
N. UNWIN - See all my reviews
This review is from: Triumph and Power (Audio CD)
This was "risk" purchase based on Amazon recommendation and the preview snippets on the product page. A very unpretentious, uncomplicated, straight ahead metal sound, reminiscent of the '80s NWOBHM era. You'd have thought that these avenues would have been well trodden over the years, especially when you look at somem of the track titles. but somehow Grand Magus manages to avoid cliche and sound fresh and exciting. For a three piece they don't sound like they're missing anything from the soundscape either. If you like post-Ozzy Sabbath or early 80s metal this should be right up your street. I'll have to see if I can pick up some of their back catalog now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerfully triumphant, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Triumph and Power (Audio CD)
Grand Magus have been refining their style over the last couple of albums.
While there are obvious nods to Manowar (think classic Manowar, not the parody they became after Ross the Boss left) the band is easily recognisable, not in the least because of JBs voice.
This is as good as heavy metal gets in the 21st century.

4.0 out of 5 stars old school METAL, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Triumph and Power (Audio CD)
I'm not sure what the definition of old school is in metal - I wasn't there at the start - but this certainly isn't no new age post-metal cerebral show offs album. it's heavy, chuggy with robust vocals that make the whole thing sound a lot bigger than any 3 man band I've ever seen. including muse.

great album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Magus Triumphs!, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Triumph and Power (Audio CD)
Grand Magus have gradually over the years become one of my favourite bands of all time. Starting with their old albums; Grand Magus and Monument (Which I highly recommend picking up) of doom metal and slow heavy riffs, they have developed their style into proper hard and heavy metal. Their recent album Triumph and Power is one of their best albums to date. At first I was expecting it to grab me straight away like their previous album The Hunt did. However, after my first whole listen of the album I didn't quite appreciate what I had heard. How wrong was I after I had a few more listens, the album latched onto me and never let me go with it's heavy riffs and awesome lyrics. The album is very heavy metal focused, with deep powerful lyrics backed up with a strong and sturdy riffs which will get you banging your head and singing along with pure enthusiasm.
I give this album 5/5. Definitely worth buying, Grand Magus continue to 'Triumph' the heavy metal scene, bringing back classic heavy metal that the pioneers of the genre first developed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Metal!, 3 Mar 2014
mr spencer a bullen (Ruislip, Middlesex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Triumph and Power (Audio CD)
I review for an independent site, and despite being sent a free download from the label, I still bought the CD; that is how much I enjoyed the album. Check it out..........

[...]

Triumph and Power
Triumph and Power by Grand Magus (Audio CD - 2014)
Click for more info