5.0 out of 5 stars So far pleased
I bought these gloves mainly for dog walking. There seemed to be a bit of a mixed review but I decided to take the plunge. I am more than happy with them.

I am a size 10.5 glove so ordered the XL size, according to the packet this is a UK size 11. The fit is generally good. They are marked as close fitting, which is perfecty true, the only part which is a...
Published on 22 Nov 2012 by D. W. Lightfoot

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not warm
I do circuit training outdoors and in all weathers. I bought these gloves in the hope they would make my reynaud's syndrome (numb fingers from cold) a little less painful during winter.

These gloves are great if all you want is to keep your hands dry.
However, they're not warm at all, they absorb moisture in their outside neoprene-like layer and that just...
Published on 21 April 2012 by Ms. Scott-farrington

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for my job, 2 Dec 2014
Bought these to wear outside at work (I'm a postman). Firstly when you look at the glove, it looks like someone has guessed the shape of a human hand and got it wrong. There is just a straight line from the base of the index finger to the base of the little finger; if you look at your hand, you can see this is not the case. So I find myself yanking them back down onto my hand as my wee finger keeps sliding down the glove more often than I would like.

Wearing them in a heavy downpour for a long period of time, as with (probably) most water proof gear, the water soaks up the glove and back down the inside. I can also confirm, these gloves are not warm.

Why the 4 stars then? Because they're great for my job. My hands are still warmer than they would be in finger less gloves and because of the grips and closeness of the glove, I can sort through the mail as I walk around and even get a pen out of my pocket and write a note without a problem. I can open a frozen gate without getting ice cold water on my hands. They are very practical and I bring them to work with me everyday. They look good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for cycling, 1 Dec 2009
I think the comments about using these in the workplace in another review would be spot on - they might be difficult to use for some tasks. However, for commuting on a bike in low temperatures these are wonderful: warm and dry, indeed I'd avoid using them in anything but the coldest weather as they are so toasty that your hands might sweat. They are very expensive, but a good purchase if you're a regular foul weather cyclist (they are available in fluorescent yellow).

1.0 out of 5 stars sealskinz, 6 Aug 2013
i am extremely disappointed with these. i bought them for a person who wanted robust waterproof gloves. he wears them occasionally and only as little as possible because the water penetrates and they are not very comfortable. i would have sent them back and reclaimed my money, but he said no, and they were a present so i couldn't do that.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 10 April 2013
I use these as a window cleaner on a daily basis and whilst they are good to put through the wash, the general strength is poor, they have lasted just a month. Pity because they could be designed to last with a little input from someone like me, given my previous manufacturing experience. Perhaps SealSkinz need to do some field studies during the R&D process?

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!!!!!!!!!, 7 Mar 2013
I gave this product full 5/5 as they are very warm, I have bad circulation and my fingers need to be warm or they hurt badly. Delivery was very quick and they are very comfortable as well as well as have excellent grip for driving . Good buy all round.......

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy, 13 Dec 2012
P. Jackson (Hull, East Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Had these glove for a week and the inner lining stitching of one of the gloves has come undone. very disappointed. would not buy these again. ill be stitching these glove up myself for i cant stand the hassle of returning them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed!, 11 Dec 2012
F. Ma - See all my reviews
Due to the winter conditions suddenly hit my local area, I thought I should really invest in a decent pair of gloves. I was introduced to SealSkinz from one of my friends so decided to have a look on Amazon and came across these. I read the reviews and was really positive these were the gloves I need. Now that I have purchased it, I've been thinking to myself I could of used that money and bought about 10 pairs of cheaper gloves that will keep my hands warmer. I am very disappointed in these, as my hands are freezing with them on (not much of a difference using them or not!). I haven't tried whether they are waterproof yet, but if they don't do what gloves are suppose to do, I guess waterproof or not, doesn't matter.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dry but not warm and with sizing/fitting issues., 5 Dec 2012
A. B. Mcmullon "Skypilot" (Sedbergh, Cumbria) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Clearly there is a difference of opinion on the efficacy of these gloves as people review them both ways. I'm certainly in the dry but cold camp as I don't find them either comfortable or warm to wear and have gone back to ordinary fleecy gloves unless I really need the waterproof element.

I'd also say that for me the fit isn't great. I bought a large as suggested by their size guide and the fingers are a little tight but I've rather too much room on the palm of the hand. This causes the material on the palm to ruck up when the hand is closed. I could go for an XL size to help the fingers but then I'd have even more material on the palm. So if you have, like me, large hands but with short stubby fingers then check the size - you may not be able to get a comfortable fit as the material isn't very accommodating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves, bit big around the palms, 26 Nov 2012
Wasn't too sure after seeing all the mixed reviews, esp regarding the waterproof-ness of the cuff. Having used these gloves for a few weeks in the London rain, I can say that these gloves never let a drop of rain through, even when the cuff was exposed. Even though they are not reflective, they still show up well in the night against headlights (good for indicating) and keep my hands nice and warm. My only slight complaint is that the size of the palm in relation to the fingers is a little big, but given that i have long fingers that was to be expected. Also arrived very quickly. In summary, good gloves, definitely waterproof, definitely worth a try (or buy...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably one of best, 26 Oct 2012
Excellent fit and allows normal dexterity even under dry gloves. Would recommend these to anyone looking for warmth and dryness even if not diving

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›