5.0 out of 5 stars Review
Wow, this book was amazing! ARV-3 was full of action, suspense, and romance. I could barely put it down! The story was a roller coaster from start to finish. The book itself was well written, and Cameo really knows how to make you jump. There were plenty of unexpected turns here and there.

The story was awesome, and totally original, especially compared to...
Published 6 months ago by Hayley Guertin

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't read if you're looking for a good book.
Honestly couldn't make it through this book, something I normally force myself to do. I struggle to understand how or where it apparently won an award for best dystopian novel of the year.

Here are a few reasons why I didn't enjoy this book, and why I think you may not either.

1. Anytime the group have to discuss anything (ie the author has to give...
Published 8 months ago by Samantha Driscoll

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 31 July 2014
This review is from: ARV-3 (The After Light Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

The story was awesome, and totally original, especially compared to other post-apocalyptic novels out there. It was fresh, new, and I loved it. I immediately fell in love with the characters. They were fun to get to know, and together, made the story perfect. My favourite character has to be Finn, the main character's friend, because he's so cute and funny.

The book itself was really well written. It felt like I was in the story experiencing the same things rather than feeling like I was just reading about it. The way the book was written made it easy to read, and I absolutely love the fact that it makes you feel like you are in the story with everyone.

ARV-3 was a wonderful book, with a huge cliffhanger at the end. I can't wait to read the next one! I am definitely giving this book 5 out of 5 stars! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 24 Mar. 2014
This review is from: ARV-3 (The After Light Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Right from the start this book had me hooked. Abigail Park was 17 years old when they first ventured outside after the apocalypse and the book is so well written it actually felt as if I was there with Abigail on her journey and I couldn't put it down it was full of plot twists and had me on edge I am definitely recommending this to my friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Dystopian, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: ARV-3 (The After Light Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Well I did warn you this month would be dystopian heavy didnt I!! Today's review is ARV-3 from an author whose work I have not read before, Cameo Renae.

So the one thing I noticed straight away at the start of the book, sorry it should be the second thing - I love the cover!, is that one thing I never hear mentioned before at least not in the books I read about is the fact that there is a lot of nuclear power stations in the USA, what would happen to them if something bad happened?, well in this case bad is solar burst from the sun knocking everything out, then it all goes to hell afterwards with the nuclear power stations exploding.

Abigail is one of the lucky ones, her dad is a prepper and together with her parents, some more of her family and their friends they make their home in a bunker to ride out the next 13 years hoping one day they can return topside.

Abigail is anxious about leaving her home but she is in good hands, especially with her best friend Finn who is starting to turn from a boy in to a man, at the beginning of the book she is almost shy to talk about him but yes friendship does turn to a lovely romance. She is such a fiesty character, barely remembering the outside world she embraces her underground home becoming incredibly fit and becoming an expert shot!

Her father is in charge of their below ground home and he has learned from his friend in another bunker that there are survivors above ground but they are not friendly, killing anybody they come across and infecting those who get away, convinced that nobody could have survived the radiation in the last 13 years their thoughts turn to the last minute barely tested vaccine that was given out to the unlucky ones who did not have a safe haven to go to when things got rough.

They do leave the bunker and no sooner than the hatch is open they come across their first arvy - their name for the people who have been left outside, thankfully it is just the one but they are left shaken by the experience of this barely human milky eyed creature, they start making their way to the safe zone by foot, facing a trek of over 1000 miles they travel by night and try and rest by day.

The threat of the arvy's gets worse as they travel through areas infested with them but hope comes to them in the form of a government helicopter and they are whisked away to the safe zone - but do they get there?

ARV-3 is a fast moving novel, actually my only critiscm is that its maybe a little too fast paced a couple of times I wanted to experience more of their surroundings but hey if that was real life I might have got eaten - you snooze you lose!

I am hoping there will be another book as I would love to hear more from the characters, Abigail and Finn are great plus there is a host of supporting characters that are lovely such as Tina.

I really enjoyed ARV-3 and I am awarding it 4 out of 5

5.0 out of 5 stars try it i bet you will like it, 20 May 2014
This review is from: ARV-3 (The After Light Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I would not usually have chosen this type of book but I am glad that I did and thoroughly enjoyed it. I disagree with the author when she says that she is not a good author. The author knows her reader and her book uses language appropriate to the intended age range.

A post apocalyptic tale unusually told through the eyes of a 17 year old girl.

This story grabs you straight from the start; it is well paced and difficult to put down. My mistake was that I started reading this in the early hours of the morning and the 5.30am call to prayer made me realise the time and forced me to close the book so I could get some sleep.

A short amount of time (a couple of chapters) was spent on the back story, describing the characters and their relationships. There was even time for the intimation of a developing love story. Although the time spent on the back story was short it was adequate due to the concise nature of the prose which allowed the reader to instantly engage with the characters especially the heroine and hero.

There is an excellent balance between narrative and dialogue. The characters are extremely well written and developed and you cannot help but root for their survival.

During the course of events in the book there is a slight lull but this is really so that the reader can catch their breath before the next onslaught.

As you are engaged with the characters the cliff hanger is interesting and I cannot wait to read book 2. If book two is as good as book one this could well become one of my favourite books even though I am well above the book’s target age.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 3 April 2014
This review is from: ARV-3 (The After Light Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Ok so Im no YA but the reviews for this book were good and I love books like this so gave it a try. I was hooked from page one. The writing is so strong I fell
in love with all the people. Abi is such a strong girl. I would recommend this book to any age dont be put off that it is aimed at YAs it really is for all. It just grabs hold of you and your pulled into the story almost like you are really there. At times my heart was beating so fast worrying about what would happen next. I cannot wait for the next book. Please Cameo dont make us wait to long. Great name by the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: ARV-3 (The After Light Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. It is very action packed. I loved the fact it was zombies with a twist. Hurry up and write the next book!!!!!!.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting sotryline!, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: ARV-3 (The After Light Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a unique storyline in that it deals with mutants after the apocalypse. The balance between dialogue and narrative was superb. The characters were very well written and I fell in love with them. I did however get annoyed with Abi when she breaks a rule. It goes completely against the character and seems to only serve to make a story for later.
The ending was a bit strange in that it seems to be abrupt but having said that it clearly leads onto another book so clearly that is why. I did really enjoy this book and the criticisms are very trivial to be honest.
I would recommend anyone to read this book, I was slightly worried as i am not a zombie person but the story goes far beyond them. It is a great book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff^.^, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: ARV-3 (The After Light Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Was a great read - the concept of love during a war is so beautiful however, just a bit of a disappointing end

4.0 out of 5 stars Great apocalyptic story., 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: ARV-3 (The After Light Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Really great read. I found the book very fast paced and difficult to put down I read it all in one sitting!
My only problem with the book is it ended very abruptly and not on much of a cliff hanger. I'm still looking forward to the next one but it doesn't have you thinking about it after you've finished like some do.
I'd definitely recommend this book especially to people that like
Apocalyptic books and this one is individual the author has had some unique ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: ARV-3 (The After Light Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
When Abi was small the Apocalypse happened. Her father and mother and some close family and friends went into a fall out shelter. They had enough provisions to last years but with resources running out they are now finally about to hit the topside. They are excited and nervous all at once but a few days before they are scheduled to leave something happens to make them scared. They can receive messages from other hives and they are told that when the Nuclear Fallout happened the government made "vaccines" but never tested the product properly. A side effect of the vaccine was that they created these mutants that are now topside. What will the family do? How will they manage to go to the Government safe zones which are surrounded with thousands of mutants? What will happen if they get there?

I have to say that I loved this!!! For me Abi and Finn made this book so much better. I loved their relationship. They have been best friends since they went to the shelter and always have each others back. They would do anything for each other. I loved seeing their friendship develop into more.

Abi was kick ass with a side of kick ass!! She is the hives best shooter and rarely misses. She is well able to pack a punch too. They were taught how to shoot and fight since they were old enough to hold a gun. She is thrust into this unknown world with these things and she really shines. She is the first person Id want on my Zombie fighting team. She is a strong, intelligent character and was by far my favourite.

Finn is Abis best friend. Its only by accident that he ended up in the hive but Abi would be lost without him. He keeps her sane and they know each other so well. Finn was also kick ass and someone else you would want at your side in a Zombie attack. He looks out for Abi and cares deeply about her. He is kind, honest and hawt ;)

For the first half of ARV-3 we see the gang struggling to reach the government safe zones and having to fight the Arvies. It was action packed and kept me on the edge of my seat. The time they were in the town was so scary and heartpounding. The author had a way of describing the scenes that completely emersed me into the action and had me breathless with anticipation.

The second half has not as much action but plenty of anticipation. Are the safe zones really safe? Will they be the best thing for the group? Who makes it? Well you will have to read it to find out!!!

Overall ARV-3 was awesome. The authors writing style just grabbed you and pulled you into the story. Its the type of book that when you are reading it you don't want it to finish. Its a pulse pounding read and one Id highly recommend. I cant wait to jump back into the lives of Abi and Finn and see what happens.

ARV-3 (The After Light Saga Book 1)