on 30 October 2013
I have had this camera for a while now . First off , let me say it developed a fault ..now resolved ..more on that later . The camera when it worked was a great little device . It has many great features . Here are the reasons you should consider this camera before others.
1 . The video quality is good and there are many options ..full 1020p hd ..down to 720 p and all the variants in between , including even 50/ 60 cycles choices and frame rate choices too . A selection for everyone .
2 It has a little clip on mic . Perfect when giving a commentary whilst driving so the cam records your voice and not engine noise .
3 It has many mounting options for all situations .
4 It is waterproof ( although I wouldn't go down to the Titanic ) but perfect if the rain starts when on your bike .
5 Stills quality isn't great , but that's not why you buy .
6 Sound from internal mic isn't good at all when cover is closed ( as it has to be ) ..but that has a bonus as all the wind noise is muffled ..and who wants to record that ?
7 It takes PROPER SD cards , not those microscopic micro SD cards ..( try finding one of those if it blows out of your hand in the wind )
8 It records a rattling sound when on bike for eg ..I have no idea why that is , maybe it has something to do with the orientation sensor ( as others have commented on ) as the camera can flip the on screen picture when upside down . It is irritating at first but when using the separate clip mic , it won't record it and it can be edited anyway as most people would do when compiling final film.
9 It has a feature that can allow it to do time lapse picture taking ..it's pretty basic but well worth having . It's nice to watch the moon traverse the night sky or the dawn arise ..
10 It has a motion sensor feature too .. It's also basic but works . I set out food for birds and it started filming as they got near ..but I also found that a passing bug would set it off too .. brilliant feature to have nontheless .
11 And possibly the best reason for buying this camera ; it has a detachable battery . This has many benefits . (a ) When the camera's battery starts to lose it's charge ( as all batteries do ) it does NOT have to be sent back to the manufacturer to have new battery fitted . ( at good expense I imagine ) You can simply buy another one ( I did ..for about £5 on Ebay ) . Nearly every other action cam I have seen use propriety batteries , meaning you either pay up and send it off or throw it in the bin . Absolutely ridiculous . I would NEVER waste money on a cam that had a built in battery . This is the best reason alone for buying this particular camera .( b) Also , with this cam , you can carry a spare , so if you run out of power just before that helicopter jump , you won't cry your eyes out if you have a spare in your pocket . ( and it's a good battery too , big and chunky with good staying power .( mine lasts ages ) Propriety battery cameras should be banned .
12.. I forgot to add , the camera can be connected to a TV with analogue cables ( supplied ) if you have an older TV set, and also it has an HDMI output to connect to a modern tv ( with micro to HDMI cable also supplied ) .This is an incredible feature set , especially with all cables supplied . They have given everything and all in one box . This makes it worth the money alone . Will you get all this with alternative action cams..I doubt it ?

Finally , a word about my fault . My camera blacked out ( no pic on screen ) after about three weeks ..I sent it off to BW Corp for repair , who were excellent and replied to emails immediately .. Unfortunately , my camera never arrived there ( China ) I am guessing it was stolen in the post . I also lost my postal receipt . Because of this Amazon would NOT reimburse me . I took the claim to them twice and phoned and called repeatedly . They dismissed me completely out of hand . I thought all was lost and I had written off about £100 , until Tom from BW Corp actually gave me a new camera free of charge at his expense . This was a truly wonderful gesture and I would recommend anyone to buy direct from Tom at BW Corp ..and stay as far from Amazon as they possibly can .
The new cam works well and I am up and about filming once again .. Thanks Tom ..FIVE stars to you ..ZERO stars to Amazon ..
Feel free to ask any other questions about this cam .. It has too many good things about it not to buy it, so don't hesitate ..GET ONE ..and buy from BW Corp.. Tell Tom I sent you ..
on 11 January 2014
Firstly, there are at least 8 listings in Amazon, each for the same product and each at different price.

Before purchasing I sent an enquiry to the vender regarding a technical point. In the ensuing discussion I was prompted by them to purchase directly from vendor for fast track delivery. Placing the order and payment in Amazon who handed the delivery processing on to the vendor. (You'll see how this becomes relevant later).

I was encouraged to make this purchase after reading various product reviews, one of which spoke enthusiastically about dealing directly with the vendor. There are a couple of reviewers who advise to look at alternative products instead. I wish now I had taken more attention to these.

The Cam arrived and as I unpacked it, checking over the items, I was less than impressed with the Instruction Manual. It's brief but includes most of the points you need to know at first, but it's more like a "get you started" leaflet run off a back office copier. Many of the questions on the finer details of operation are left unanswered.

The main point of my review is that I have no idea how good the imaging is because I cannot even fit the Cam to the mounts.

There are 4 slotted holes in the base of the Cam into which clawed feet on the mounting fit. The feet are supposed to slide forward and clip into place over little lugs. However, the design of the lugs has a tapered face but on the wrong side of the lug. Instead, the feet come up against a shoulder where the taper face up which they should move, is on the other side. No matter how hard I try to clip the mount to the Cam it will not move. Any more force and I am sure the Cam or the mount would be damaged. (Another reviewer talks of a damaged mount but gives no details). Fitting the clawed feet into the slots is not enough, the Cam falls out of the mount and has fallen onto the floor of the car a couple of times, before even testing it's video abilities.

Even if the mount clipped into place on the Cam, there is no way to positively lock the Cam to the mount. I am sure that if you were to fall over when skiing, or fall off your bike, the Cam would un clip and be lost or damaged. There are threaded collars molded into both the Cam body as well as the mount, but no way to screw them together. Wouldn't it have been obvious to provide such?

After a long drawn out discussion with the vendor throughout which they just claim not to understand my problem. I even sent photos but they claim not to be able to open them. In the end I believe they were just stalling, so I registered a Product Return with Amazon. Now comes the important bit ....... Because I made the purchase directly with the vendor, Amazon has no authority to accept a Return. The application is passed to the vendor who has to acknowledge the Return Request, issue Return Registration Number and inform of the return delivery address. Now, after almost 1month I have heard absolutely nothing from them, not even acknowledging disappointment at my dissatisfaction.

In my considered opinion and experience of the product so far, this is a badly designed item and typical of Chinese products where they have attempted to design and manufacture themselves. It has been designed by someone who has no idea of the finer details of how it operates. Now, again typical of Chinese business practice, (and I speak having spent a little time working in China) they deal with problems by ignoring them.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.
on 7 November 2014
bought this for use on the motorbike, the picture cannot be faulted but the sound is a waste of time. the engine noise at speeds over 25mph causes the recording to break up, connecting the external mic doesn't disconnect the internal mike so any commentary is drowned out by the external noise.
I went for this one because of the external mic but it's the wrong choice, there are other options available without sound recording that will do the same job as this one given that the playback volume has to be turned off. There is a youtube video available that instructs on how to dismantle your new camera and cut the wires to the internal mic, this must be where the 'Extreme' comes in. however, in order to get commentary that is what I'll do. It will mean that the rear door will be open for any journey I want to use the mic on presenting its own problems.
Should have bought the TCL
on 23 August 2014
This camera produced great footage during our recent visit to the Lake District, it even survived being dropped off the bike at 65mpg. I had fixed the camera to the bike using an existing mount, but the mount broke and the camera fell off, although it lost the current recording it continued to record for the remainder of the holiday. I am now thinking of buying more for the back of the bike and front of my son's bike.
on 2 May 2015
This camera works well on dryland only. VERY disappointed it was described as waterproof but when taken surfing it stopped working!!

I expected a more truthful description and a more reliable product for the money spent.

Would not recommend for water activities.
on 27 April 2014
I love the idea of using it 3 ways I need all of them .
I have installed the car screen bracket, that is excellent. However the handlebar bracket is too large and numb so I purchased one of the popular clamp type and that is OK.
Finally I am using it as security camera for a short while .
So as long as it does what the review says I will be happy.