5.0 out of 5 stars a laugh out loud read
it was a laugh out loud read. I was reading it in the middle of the nigh when I couldn't sleep. [my hot flushes and night sweats have ended, but my body hasn't clicked on yet that I an now too old for them] it was hard trying to laugh quietly
Published 3 months ago by vivien mary rochester

3.0 out of 5 stars Grumpy old menopause
The writer does an A - Z of what can affect people during the menopause. It's quite amusing but not to be taken too seriously . If you are going through it now it will bring a smile to your face.
Published 3 months ago by gillian wratten

5.0 out of 5 stars More help for guys whose ladies are approaching "that time of life"!, 26 Nov 2013
Christopher Wells "Chris James Author" (Warsaw, Poland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grumpy Old Menopause (Kindle Edition)
One thing I enjoy about reading Carol Wyer's books is the sense of trespassing: these are titles written by a talented author which are aimed at women, not men. All of Mini Skirts And Laughter Lines, Just Add Spice, and How Not To Murder Your Grumpy left me not only aching from laughter, but also much better informed.
Grumpy Old Menopause is a sort-of companion book to How Not To Murder Your Grumpy, made up of lots of suggestions for coping with the menopause, all presented alphabetically and all lathered in Carol's special sense of humour. And if you have a partner approaching "that time of life", here is a book which will let you know what she (and you) can expect, and give you lots of giggles while you're finding out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who says getting older can't be fun!!!, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Grumpy Old Menopause (Kindle Edition)
After reading Carol's book How Not to Murder your Grumpy, I was really looking forward to Grumpy Old Menopause.

Carol Wyer's sense of humour is absolutely wicked! I love it! Unfortunately the Menopause comes to all us women. This book is encouraging you to tackle the problem head on. Don't lie down and die in a pool of night sweats and hot flushes/flashes! It encourages you to get off your menopausal ass and deal with the inevitable through humour and adventure! The book lists some handy tips in alphabetical order. Some of them will leave you breathless with laughter!

Carol E Wyer has a skill many people do not possess. She can find humour in almost every situation - even one where you have to change your underwear every time you sneeze! I chuckled my way through the book, taking care not to laugh out loud too much for fear of underwear changes! This is a great little book that I managed to read in one sitting. The perfect book for taking a light hearted look at all life throws at the more mature lady. The main message in this book seems to be that getting older does not equate to losing your sense of humour or your zest for life! Well done Carol!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected..., 15 April 2014
This review is from: Grumpy Old Menopause (Kindle Edition)
As a bit of a grump at this stage of my life I was hoping this would either give me some tips or cheer me up. I didn't like it - it's an alphabetical list of daft stuff and I thought it was an entire waste of money. It may appeal to some readers - not for me though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Grumpy Old Menopause (Paperback)
Im afraid that this book was nowhere near as entertaining as I thought it would be. Given to a friend to ask for her review

5.0 out of 5 stars sleepy head, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Grumpy Old Menopause (Kindle Edition)
Love it, every single word on every page. Just the most funniest of reads. But think you need to experience menopause to appreciate the humour. Would read it again no problem. Very funny

4.0 out of 5 stars Laughed all the way through this!, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Grumpy Old Menopause (Kindle Edition)
I would like to thank Charlotte @bestchicklit for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Grumpy Old Menopause is exactly what it says on the tin, sort of, Carol gives you a wonderful insight as to what you can expect when you hit menopause. Me, being in my forties wasn’t sure I wasn’t sure that I wanted to read this……… Anyway I did read it and I’m glad that I did.

Carol tells you what to expect once the menopause starts kicking in, this is told in a fun, no nonsense way, doesn’t give you unrealistic expectations that everything will be fine if you do this or do that. There are funny stories abound and I especially liked the story about the little child in the coffee shop and the make up. In part of the book she also tells you that a child laughs on average four hundred times a day, but the average healthy adult only laughs about 15 times a day and most people don’t laugh at all. Makes you think doesn’t it even if your not nearing menopause?

During the book she also adds jokes from her website that are funny and also encourage you to keep reading. In her usual, entertaining way Carol has made it her mission to grow old with a smile on everyone’s face, I believe she has written another book How Not To Murder Your Grumpy, think I will get this for my mum before she decides to bury my dad under the patio.

An interesting read about a serious subject, but done in a light hearted fun way to let you know that, although menopause is a pain it doesn’t have to make you unhappy.

I will keep smiling till I hit menopause and think I may have to get this book out again to remind me, that laughing really is the best tonic.

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny in places...slightly informative... a light hearted read, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Grumpy Old Menopause (Kindle Edition)
Jokes are a bit cringy but some of them made me laugh. This is mainly a light hearted read. Not overly impressed

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Grumpy Old Menopause (Kindle Edition)
Excellent humour, well worth a read. Not going through the menopause yet, but not as scared as I was ..... hooray!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Grumpy Old Menopause (Kindle Edition)
So funny, hitting the nail on the head every time, covers so much that every woman would recognise something, then embrace it, laugh about it and find something more interesting to do! A must for women and an insight for men.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab !!, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Grumpy Old Menopause (Kindle Edition)
This is a great read mostly tongue in cheek but gives some great help tips lets us know we all go through the same rubbish

ARRAY(0x9e925810)