Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£2.15

on 10 January 2014
The writer does an A - Z of what can affect people during the menopause. It's quite amusing but not to be taken too seriously . If you are going through it now it will bring a smile to your face.
on 26 November 2013
It is inevitable, women in their prime cannot avoid it....the Menopause.

Despite the title of her latest book, Carol E Wyer, injects her famous humour into a serious subject to try and make the Menopause easier to bear.

In between the humour there is some very useful information about alternative therapies, tips to ease symptoms and facts. There are also links to blog communities and websites for further reading.

The author has really done her homework of this subject and written a very informative and supportive guide the the Menopause. A keeper.

Review copy.
on 22 December 2013
I bought this thinking it would give me a bit of detail about what is in store for me in the very near future and hoping for some new information on how to ease me through this inevitable event. Having started reading it and the endless lists at the start of each chapter of things that could happen I felt more depressed than when I started, so didn't even finish it.
on 15 April 2014
As a bit of a grump at this stage of my life I was hoping this would either give me some tips or cheer me up. I didn't like it - it's an alphabetical list of daft stuff and I thought it was an entire waste of money. It may appeal to some readers - not for me though.
on 28 August 2015
As a woman of a certain age I identified with pretty much most of the topics mentioned. We are all different and we all pass through this phase at varying degrees.
There is a lot of humour in there, a great aid at this time of life. The best jokes are in the chapter headed C, after that they are dare I say, cringe-worthy but will raise a smile and a 'titter'. Each chapter is headed with a letter and runs from A-Z skipping the odd letter or two. Letter A focuses on emotions and is spot on as far as I was concerned. This chapter also mentions alternative medicines and therapies which are certainly worth looking into, even my GP suggested I read up on those. Sage tea is my fall back but it isn't to everyone's taste. Health issues are mentioned under letter B such as breast pain, brittle bones. C mentions concentration or should I say lack of it. Now you get my gist, I am not going to spoil things by listing everything in Carol's book but you have an idea of where this is going. However, it isn't just about physical or psychological issues, Carol suggests some unusual and dare I say, more sensible hobbies for the middle aged menopausal woman. Now the pilates, yoga, blogging, photography suggestions suit me but for the more adventurous - skydiving, breeding alpacas and bareback riding may suit.

I highly recommend this book for women entering menopause or peri-menopause. This is also a stage of life where you may be in a demanding role at work, a sandwich (looking after children and ageing parents), amongst other worries. No wonder this phase takes its toll. Great advice written with great humour.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 March 2014
Jokes are a bit cringy but some of them made me laugh. This is mainly a light hearted read. Not overly impressed
on 26 November 2013
After reading Carol's book How Not to Murder your Grumpy, I was really looking forward to Grumpy Old Menopause.

Carol Wyer's sense of humour is absolutely wicked! I love it! Unfortunately the Menopause comes to all us women. This book is encouraging you to tackle the problem head on. Don't lie down and die in a pool of night sweats and hot flushes/flashes! It encourages you to get off your menopausal ass and deal with the inevitable through humour and adventure! The book lists some handy tips in alphabetical order. Some of them will leave you breathless with laughter!

Carol E Wyer has a skill many people do not possess. She can find humour in almost every situation - even one where you have to change your underwear every time you sneeze! I chuckled my way through the book, taking care not to laugh out loud too much for fear of underwear changes! This is a great little book that I managed to read in one sitting. The perfect book for taking a light hearted look at all life throws at the more mature lady. The main message in this book seems to be that getting older does not equate to losing your sense of humour or your zest for life! Well done Carol!
on 26 November 2013
One thing I enjoy about reading Carol Wyer's books is the sense of trespassing: these are titles written by a talented author which are aimed at women, not men. All of Mini Skirts And Laughter Lines, Just Add Spice, and How Not To Murder Your Grumpy left me not only aching from laughter, but also much better informed.
Grumpy Old Menopause is a sort-of companion book to How Not To Murder Your Grumpy, made up of lots of suggestions for coping with the menopause, all presented alphabetically and all lathered in Carol's special sense of humour. And if you have a partner approaching "that time of life", here is a book which will let you know what she (and you) can expect, and give you lots of giggles while you're finding out.
on 22 March 2015
At last someone who is prepared to joke about their experiences of the menopause. I loved all the little jokes and quips. I am sure many women, and their men will get a lot from it ,as I did.
on 26 December 2013
not enough information and very thin should have been described as a booklet not a book i have had menopause problems for ten years the author is only new to the problems