5.0 out of 5 stars good
Very good read. I found lots of stuff I didn't know or hadn't realised. The book was very well written and not at all heavy going. The character analysis was excellent. You felt as if you really got to know and understand them.
Published 1 month ago by Felicity Davies

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Read !!
Published 12 days ago by Kevin Daly

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Alice, The Enigma - A Biography of Queen Victoria's Daughter (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Queen Victoria's second daughter, 23 Feb 2014
I have read a number of books on the family of Queen Victoria but this was a real gem. I really felt I understood Alice and entered into her world. The book is areal gem and I didn't want it to end.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Read !!, 17 July 2014
This book is an ok read, it follows Alice's short life well enough documenting her charity work and family life. I felt that her rocky relationship with Louis should have been explored more as well as her relationship with her brothers and sister other than Vicky and Bertie. It was well written and there was no mistakes however there isn't any pictures or photographs included. I enjoyed the book on a whole and got through it with an easy flow

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice, The Enigma, 14 Jun 2014
I wasn't sure how interesting this would be, but once I had started reading I couldn't wait to pick up my kindle again when I had time to sit and read. A fascinating book, with enough information about other members of the family to whet my appetite to find out more. Some amazing stories and insights about Queen Victoria. I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice,The Egnima, 4 Feb 2014
J. morris "wide reader" (england) - See all my reviews
A really informative book. Certainly altered my views of the Victorian Royal family. Alice must have been an incredible person,years ahead in her thinking of the times.
Should be included in school history

4.0 out of 5 stars Victoria's Alice, 15 Mar 2014
Until I read this book, I really didn't know much about Alice, so I found this very interesting and informative, and she was most definitely her father's daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars very interesting biography, 6 Feb 2014
I really enjoyed this interesting book. Lots of books have been written on Queen Victoria's eldest daughter, but less on other members of the family, which is a shame.

Princess Alice was a very caring, hard-working young woman, who did much good in her local community, often putting her own safety at risk. If she had spent her adult life in England , rather than Germany, we probably would have heard more about her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 April 2014
Excellent excellent great study during this time period. Great find and a great read for anyone interested in this fascinating woman.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 17 April 2014
I enjoyed reading this book. It was obviously well researched and gave an interesting account of Princess Alice's life and times.

2.0 out of 5 stars Missed opportunity, 28 April 2014
The author's interest in the subject is clear and she offered some interesting views on aspects of Alice's life, although some of these were rather fanciful and unsupported by convincing evidence (for example that Prince Albert's death was caused by an inability to absorb food, leading to renal failure, rather than by typhoid). The author writes well and the text is mostly engaging. For me, however, it was marred by proof reading errors (I counted more than half a dozen) and overreliance on a limited number of sources (Roger Fulford's edited letters between Queen Victoria and her eldest daughter, for example, constituted around 10% of the references). Therefore, I think it does not contribute as much as it might have done towards a deeper understanding of Alice, the enigma.