5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and almost authentic
Published 23 months ago by maryrose

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good as hoped for price
Somewhat dissapointed as many recipes look quite repetitive.
I expected list of Lebanese which didn't get.
Think there would be others more suitable, but decided to keep it anyway!,
Published 9 months ago by N. Mullin

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and almost authentic, 18 Mar. 2013
I have a worn out copy of this book that is more than thirty years old. Being of Middle Eastern origin, I always cooked what I learned back home but sometimes needed to refer to this book to remind me of certain things or techniques or even ingredients that I might have forgotten, specially being so far away from home and no relative around me to consult when I got stuck. I thought the original book was brilliant and my daughters always loved it and often enjoyed looking at and asking for a certain dish they fancy. When they left home for university, they often phoned to ask and enquire how to do a certain thing they love and I decided to buy them each a copy of the book for Christmas. They are not only thrilled with it but also finding the recipes easy to understand and follow with amazing images and detailed explanations at the start of each section in addition to a comprehensive glossary at the end. I say in the title "almost authentic" because there are some dishes that differ slightly from the original ones but this is expected and does not change the fact that they are excellent and describe in a way that makes it easy to create 'almost' authentic dishes from the Middle East even if you have never been there before. The new print is very beautifully bound, with improved images, just a piece of art to adorne any book shelf!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and good, 7 July 2013
Michael S. Leahy (Oxfordshire England) - See all my reviews
I already have Claudia Rodens Med cook book and wondered if I should buy this or not, I am so glad I did as it brilliant and complements her book perfectly, I am getting the confidence to cook using different techniques and methods and this books recipes are written in a way that enables a novice to understand and follow. It is also a beautiful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect introduction to a wide range of countries' cuisine, 12 Jan. 2014
I'm very satisfied with this purchase! A few good pictures to illustrate a good selection of dishes from each regions. Very good if you want to sample the most popular dishes from those countries. It encompasses more than the usual middle eastern countries you would expect, including, Greece, Egypt, Iran, etc. if you're after an exclusively Lebanese style food, this might not be for you...

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete is the right word!, 14 Nov. 2013
This book is huge! Its so thick and so heavy but its FULL of recipes that, should you have an interest in middle eastern food, you will be dying to cook. If you have eaten in a middle eastern restaurant, you will almost definitely find that dish in here. My husband is Qatari so I've been searching to find a book that includes Qatari recipes - well I've found it and even he is impressed and confirmed that all the ingredients mentioned are accurate. Will look great in my kitchen too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful cookbook with lots of inspiring recipes...i just hope i can cook them!, 2 April 2014
Beautiful cookbook with lots of inspiring recipes...i just hope i can cook them. There is a large variety from many of the Middle Eastern countries.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good as hoped for price, 1 Jun. 2014
Somewhat dissapointed as many recipes look quite repetitive.
I expected list of Lebanese which didn't get.
Think there would be others more suitable, but decided to keep it anyway!,

5.0 out of 5 stars Middle Eastern Cookbook, 24 Dec. 2012
Purchased as a Christmas gift for my son & his wife. Recipes and methods look very appealing - I`m sure it will be well received.

Complete Middle Eastern Cookbook