5.0 out of 5 stars Sienna has become the calm before the storm...
I will be the first to admit that Crane drives me absolutely bonkers because he is such a master weaver of plots. I get all smug and feel like Sherlock Holmes on a high when I think I have figured out exactly where he is taking the story. Then it's Wham Bam Thank you for playing Sherlock, as he throws a spanner into my well laid explanation.
So let's see where we are...
Published 17 months ago by Cheryl M-M

3.0 out of 5 stars A major commitment.
Published 1 month ago by Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars Sienna has become the calm before the storm..., 9 Dec. 2013
Cheryl M-M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Legacy (The Girl in the Box Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
So let's see where we are at the beginning of the eighth book in Alone: The Girl in the Box, Book 1series.
Sienna has been delegated to top dog at Omega, which sort of happens when the leadership team falls prey to a series of unplanned fatal accidents. This also means she is in charge of what is left, ergo the straggling limping remains of
the Unit.
After all the excitement in Enemies: The Girl in the Box, Book Seven she decides to hop on a plane all footloose and carefree, except she doesn't realize that her feet aren't exactly loose anymore. The powers that be have other plans for her. They also have some surprises to spring on Sienna, some of which are less than enjoyable.

Without revealing any of the major events in the story I want to at least try and discuss some of them in a way that will omit any revelation. Did you get any of that? No neither did I. It sounded way better in my head than it does on screen.

Mama Bear Sierra turns up out of the blue and I can honestly say for the first time in eight books mother and daughter manage to connect on a level which is less than vitriolic. Somewhere along the line I think one of them needs to accept that they are more or less re-enacting family secrets, problems and schemes devised by third parties over and over again through the generations. Sierra is Sienna and Sienna is Sierra, add on grandmother and great-grandmother and you have a whole lot of orchestrated events tumbling over each other and the direction of their personal history. They think, especially Sierra, that they have changed the course of fate, when in fact other people have been pulling the strings in the background when it became necessary or convenient.
Some of that becomes evident during this book.

I really want to get my teeth into Sovereign.
By the middle of this story I had come to the conclusion that there must be a time travelling element involved. The flashbacks to specific Meta, who had interacted with Sovereign made me wonder whether he knew exactly who or what she would imbibe, which would explain his killing some and letting others live.
Did I mention the author and his propensity for spanners?
Book eight is the calm before the storm, the eye of the hurricane and so eerily tranquil that I know the last two books are going to just implode.
Sienna is walking the last stretch of the mile towards fulfilling her destiny, even if she is completely unaware of what that might be exactly but I am guessing from the ending in this book that she isn't in the dark anymore.
Sienna has broken free of the constraints of that box and she is finally getting a glimpse of what she is and what is expected of her.
However it is Sienna, so if I know one thing for sure it is the fact that what everyone expects is never what she ends up doing.
As always this ways a fantastic read.
I received a copy of this book courtesy of the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Legacy (The Girl in the Box Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
This is a great series but recommend that you start from book one if you want the full impact as Mr Crane keeps turning and twisting the plot and you won't get the full benefit unless you start at the top. If you like buffy, like anything where humans have different powers, then you will like this series. Carry on please mr crane!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book 8!!, 26 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Legacy (The Girl in the Box Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
Omg! Yet another fantastic book, that just had to be read in one long session. The books get better and better, apart from one bit that I didn't see coming :( not that I will spoil it for anyone, but Mr crane does like to make sure us readers go through every emotion while reading about sienna! A truly great read, however if your new to these books I do recommend you start at the beginning, looking forward to finding out what will happen next.

3.0 out of 5 stars A major commitment., 28 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Legacy (The Girl in the Box Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
If you're on this book then, like me, you've probably read the others that come before it. If you haven't then you're either suffering from a type of number dyslexia or the type of person that likes to do things their own way; the sort that consistently sticks 2 fingers up at order and social structure - and in that case I tip my metaphorical hat to you and wink subtly.

7-8-9...I have lost track of which number this is, but it follows the exact same formula as its predecessors and sees Sienna Nealon stretch her meta muscles once more in the fight against an evil, and somewhat arrogant and ignorant, benevolence by the name of Sovereign. I won't add any spoilers partly because I haven't actually finished reading it yet. And that's because I've lost some of my interest in this little meta brats story. She's overly violent, always saying smart-assed things, enjoys upsetting people, enjoys killing and just acts more and more like a homicidal lunatic every time she encounters someone she doesn't like. If I'm honest I've found myself routing for the 'bad' guys but so far they have proved to be no match for the little bitch. But, like I've said, I've not finished it yet. Maybe next time.

The problem is I'm invested in this story now. I have to know how it ends. I've spent a long time with these metas and to not follow it to its conclusion, and I'm hoping there is one, would be a disservice not just to me but them as well.

I can't give this more than 3 stars because I feel that the story has been deliberately stretched out by the author beyond its natural length and most of what I'm reading now is filler and regurgitated incidents from earlier, and frankly more enjoyable, books. The first 3 were good but now I'm just hoping someone sneaks up on her and manages to do what so many have failed to do and bring this story to an end. I have many books queued up ready to read and that can't happen until these are over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Legacy, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Legacy (The Girl in the Box Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
Very good follow up on all the other books. The momentum keeps building, and read it very quickly as usual. Looking forward the the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Legacy the girl in the box #8, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Legacy (The Girl in the Box Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
Another fine book,I just can't put the book down, your brilliant, and the ideas of the storyline are getting me excited about the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Legaxy the girl in the box 8, 7 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Legacy (The Girl in the Box Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
Still as gripping as ever. Soooooooo hard to put down. Amazing read as always. Really can't wait for book 9.x

5.0 out of 5 stars The Girl in the box BOOK 8!!!!!, 6 Jan. 2014
OMG
I read the last line I was like 0.0 no. it doesn't end here. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I'm not going to give away much (if I can), but this is by FAR the best book Crane has written SO FAR!! I cannot WAIT til the 9th book comes out omg omg omg :D I haven't read a better series that continuously gets better since... actually there hasn't been one ! the hunger games were good but I found they got a little boring towards the end.

In this book, Sienna finds herself on the run from Century and Sovereign, and on a mission to kill Erich Winter because of the terrible things he has done to her. There are various different flashbacks at different points in the story which add to the tension and make you want to read on.
I love how, at the end of practically every chapter, there is a cliffhanger. I literally read this book in two days because I couldn't put it down for all the "NEEEED TO READ" feelings I was getting.
This book is a definite MUST READ, and was totally worth £2.99(I think it was this much) but I would highly recommend reading the first 7 before skipping to this one.

P.S Dear Robert J. Crane,
please write faster, I cannot wait until July 2014 to read the next book. Unless the reason for this is that the book is truly amazing. Then take as long as you feel makes it better :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good to scan. Very fast paced and exciting ., 8 Dec. 2013
CHRISIE "chrisiex1" (BRISTOL, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Sienna is no longer the "get a grip" teenager and has stepped up bravely to as a leader. Lots of questions answered and new clues planted. This book can not be scan read, it's not got loads of filler pages to get the word count up. The referrals / flash backs to previous books are required to answer the questions. I thought I knew what was coming I was wrong I didn't see it. The relationships and characters are built further showing a lot of emotion and understanding umm well not total understanding because some is still as clear as mud because it's seeds for book 9. I hope my review helps you to decide to read this book without giving away anything. Make sure you read books 1-7 first this is a series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series, 10 Jan. 2015
Love this series!
About metahumans - humans with extra abilities!
Centers around a girl called Sienna and she is a succubi (drains others souls when she touches them) and her crazy life!
Her mum has kept her locked away from the world and once she is free she has to start fighting to survive!
Read it with 1 warning . . . . . you will get hooked and will have to get the whole series ;-)

Legacy (The Girl in the Box Book 8)