5.0 out of 5 stars This Is What Kindle Is All About, 19 Mar 2014
Paul Gallimore (Luton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home baked bread: Recipes beyond the basic Loaf: Everything You need to Know to Bake 43 Amazing Breads (Home Baked Bread! Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
There are so many people who are passionate about so many things and Jason Daly's passion is evidently baking. If fresh bread is something that you enjoy - and who doesn't? - then Jason's Kindle book would be a nice place to start if you want to have a go at baking your own.

There are a multitude of breads here, plus recipes for doughnuts, crumpets, Chelsea buns, hot crossed buns, pikelets (never heard of them before, but they look good) and others besides. The recipes are simply laid out and the pictures of the finished products are of a good, well lit quality.

The book assumes a little basic knowledge of baking, such as knowing what kneading and proving is. If you are not sure what they are, well I guess that's why they invented Youtube.

5.0 out of 5 stars Many types, 14 Mar 2014
Worth while I didn't know there was that many different types that I didn't excided I'm looking forward to making them

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing better than the smell of home cooked bread., 17 Feb 2014
L. J. Gordon "The Author" (Herts, UK.) - See all my reviews
As far as I am concerned the quality of bread which one buys at the supermarket these days is dismal. What's more, I am very wary of E numbers, GM ingredients and additives which are fake. This book has given me control over my diet as I can now eat a wide variety of bread knowing it is as fresh as it can be and free from nasty ingredients - I have total quality control.

The recipes are simple to follow and making bread is much easier that I thought even without a food processor.

The bagel recipe was brilliant and made a very authentic bagel. The Chelsea bun and crumpet recipes made the best sweet treats I have had since my Gran was alive.

Classic British breads and bun recipes combine with some exotic breads from across the world including Vetkoek from my native South Africa. I am looking forward to trying the Zopf, Tsoureki and Focaccia.

For folks who don't eat flour, there are excellent cornbread, rye and Pumpernickel recipes which I'll be making for my Mom who is wheat-free. The Hallulla from Chile was a new one for me and something I am glad I discovered.

A mouth watering array of bread recipes: everything from pita bread to tortilla to more traditional loaves. Simple instructions and great fun to make.

Would recommend to anyone who is sick and tired of boring sliced, supermarket bread and who wants to jazz up their sandwiches. The more unusual breads are terrific for entertaining - your guests will be impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm - Delicious!, 17 Feb 2014
Whenever I visit my friend there is a lovely smell of fresh bread wafting from the bread maker in her kitchen. However, not everyone has room for a bread maker , so this Home Baked Bread book is absolutely brilliant for anyone who wants to get their hands dirty.

Complete with coloured images, background to the type of bread and from where it originates, the ingredients required (in cups, imperial and metric), and easy to follow instructions, this book makes me feel I never want a plain old white loaf of bread ever again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
good seller great value

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the smell of home baked bread, 8 May 2014
This is a great recipe book for more experienced bakers. Each one has a picture and a very detailed description how to make the bread. The measurements are given i different units so no matter where you live and what measuring units you use, there is no need to convert them, it's all there. There is also information where the particular bread comes from. I will enjoy this book in the kitchen!

4.0 out of 5 stars Some New Recipes, 25 April 2014
Whilst not an exhaustive work on baking bread, this little book contained some new and interesting recipes which I'll certainly be trying.

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile book, 13 Mar 2014
There are some good recipes in this book for baking quite tasty bread.Easy to follow on the Kindle as opposed to the larger recipe books which can take up space on the work surface.Good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 22 Aug 2014
So far I have only made Puri. They turned out well and were enjoyed by everyone, who said they were delicious. A wide range of breads here and I will enjoy getting round to trying some of the others over time.